religious wars vs secular wars ...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Nu'maaN, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

what part of someone fucking around and making fun of mathematics don't you understand fool? war is stupid no matter what...but, it is a necessary population control at the present
    test
  2. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

They aren't at war over religious ideals. It's all politics. Religion is just used as an excuse to behave the way they do.

If you agree with this it contradicts your previous two statements.

Irrelivent to the point I was making. What happens in the search for mytars isn't up for debate.

Not specifically no. I wasn't really interested in how they mulled over organised religion, more so the cultic stuff. I don't think Himmel thought highly of any organised religion. I can't really remember.

. As far as I can see, any peace one population attains comes at the expense of another. Labeling and fear of the unknown is about as human as it gets.

Fair enough.
    test
  3. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

would you agree that in an atheistic society, a religious bloke is disadvantaged?

keen to know what you think about that.

please don't blabber when grown men are speaking.

it makes you look more retarded than you are.

but thanks for clarifying your view.

not really, i disagreed with the notion that believing in a higher deity, or bowing/being humble before a god is dangerous. but didn't necessarily have any qualms with the other point that you raised on bowing before a head of state.

you might be pointing towards shariah, that the shariah law is derived from the quran, and thus the head of state who follows the shariah law, is basically laying down god's laws, which will have me bowing to the head of state.

but i personally think some parts of the shariah law are outdated, and have been updated accordingly - e.g. the four witness to adultery law, nowadays we have cameras/iphones we don't need four witnesses. just post that shit on spankwire.

it is pretty disgusting.

but some of those poor motherfuckers have no choice. either die a slow agonizing death by starvation, or go out with a boom and leave your family some money for your soul.

completely off topic, but you have to play risk the board game.

:numaan:
    test
  4. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i assume by atheistic society you don't mean an actual atheist state (like the aforementioned communist ones) but just a society where most people gravitate voluntarily towards an atheistic mindstate? if so then i'd say they could be disadvantaged in that they might feel ostracized or belittled for their beliefs, they might be discriminated against or just have a harder time networking with other believers; pretty much the usual dissonance that usually comes with being part of a minority group. i'd have to say though i don't think they'd have it any worse than an atheist in america, and would most likely have it much better than an atheist in saudi arabia.

why, what do you think?
    test
  5. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

pretty much the same viewpoint as yours.

which adds to my point, religion or no religion - people will judge regardless.

test
  6. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

Humans go to war over control and access to resources.

Religion is a rallying tool used by politicians.

That us vs. them primordial tribal mentality can be manipulated in many ways. Religion has just been a ready convenience.

Without religion, the same amount of blood would be spilled in the name of something like class struggle.
    test
  7. miscreant

miscreant 1996 was the shit

thank fuck this place ain't full of idiots
    test
  8. Look im Gangsta

You're one of those idiots.
    test
  9. miscreant

miscreant 1996 was the shit

who the fuck are you?

some insignificant bitch
    test
  10. Look im Gangsta

Possibly but you're still one of those idiots.
    test
  11. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i agree with you to an extent. religion is used as a rallying call just like many other things, that's true. does that mean that the religion itself can't be a real cause of conflict? i certainly don't believe that's true.

class, ethnicity, and religion can all cause conflicts, but those conflicts are real, and not necessarily interchangeable. the rallying call works because the conflict is real. removing one source of conflict does not guarantee that another source will be there in its wake (in that specific scenario).

i also think that the same people who knowingly exploit a certain ideology for power or resources can at the same time derive their drive to do so from said ideology. the u.s. certainly exploited the fear of global communism in this way to justify hegemonic foreign and economic policy, but did they not also fundamentally fear global communism and fundamentally believe in expanding global capitalism?

al queda certainly exploits their religion in recruitment propaganda, and their fight is arguably stemmed from the u.s. ambition to control their region and resources, but do they not also believe they are fighting a decadent and godless west? are they not empowered by the same ideology that they exploit?

people are smart. people will knowingly exploit their own ideology. but that ideological conflict is no less dangerous or real because of this fact.
    test
  12. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

very good point, and it'll be fair if al-quaeda was to exist.

it's just a banner for the governments to label all muslims who are a threat.

sort of like communism, but it's al-quaeda-ism.

i've lived in middle eastern countries, and pakistan, and not once did i see any hint of "al-quaeda" anywhere, and if you ask around in those neck of the hoods - people won't know what you're talking about.

hell, i was watching a documentary where they showed a warlord in afghanistan the photo of september 11, and he asked if those towers were in kabul. these guys are in their own world. no idea what's happening in the west.

i'm not saying extremists don't exist, i'm just saying that "al-quaeda" is convenient.

and fucking hard to spell.

test
  13. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

are you saying al qaeda as an organization does not exist, or that the threat of al qaeda is overblown to fuel military activism in the mid-east? the former is blatantly false; there is plenty of evidence for the existence of al qaeda as an organization. the fact that you personally didn't find anyone in the mid east who knew anything about them is of little importance. i've been to jersey/ny many times and have never run into any of the local mafia families or anyone who personally knew anything about them. that doesn't mean they don't exist.

the latter idea, that the threat is overblown for political purposes, is something i can definitely agree with.
    test
  14. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

the latter.

on the same page.

test
  15. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

my bad then. i know you don't think they were involved with 9/11, wasn't sure how far you take that belief.
    test
  16. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

damn some of u nigga's is great at debates.. some of u should just stop.. and shut up.. and listen..

like im gonna do :)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.