religious wars vs secular wars ...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Nu'maaN, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

that's a very commendable trait to have.

but i doubt it.

:numaan:
    test
  2. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

try me. I've been proven wrong here before and was the first to give credit where it was due. The sad part is no matter what someone who is truly religious will never be swayed by any prove.
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Thats not true either. Prob is u expect unproven things that contradict certain things religious people may believe to be taken at face value. U dont do that, so why should we. Truth is truth but u cant say somethings true that isnt 100% true. especially scientific things, must be proven infalible. If u dont have all the evidence. you dont have a fact.
    test
  4. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

That's like an invert of the No True Scotsman fallacy NightmareX loves to bring up 70x7 times a day.
    test
  5. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

Nearly nothing u have ever said has ever been proven 1% and u live by it.

"Truth is truth but u cant say somethings true that isnt 100% true. especially scientific things, must be proven infalible. If u dont have all the evidence. you dont have a fact"

this coming from a guy who can't defend any of his believes with anything but babbling about how a book proves what u read in the same book :withstupid:

if anything in science can be said to be in 90% proven, it still makes more sense to believe that then something that makes no scienfic sense or common sense unless u believe the given explanation "just believe, have faith, your life will be better"
    test
  6. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

You know good and goddamn well these retards "No True Scotsman" their fallacious little asses off.
    test
  7. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

why aren't you arguing your fucking ass off at the religious vs secular wars title?

you love the fucking debates.

test
  8. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

wow this place has really gone to shit

perfect example of why humans go to war i guess
    test
  9. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i'll fucking kill you.

test
  10. miscreant

miscreant 1996 was the shit

nu is right

more deaths can be attributed to non religious motivation than vice versa

and even on the other hand; religion may be used, to manipulate men to commit atrocities, as a tool to achieve their hidden agenda

might be money, power, mostly greed of some sort though
    test
  11. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Agreed, civiised countries don't go to war over conflicting religious ideals. Nigga we too old to be wasting money on wars over fucking imaginary friends and sky Gods when there's oil and gold to be jacked.

However, that's not the point. The point is that the blind faith that religion promotes and depends upon is dangerous and usually results in wars with mad niggas getting dead. This includes 'Atheist' wars.

Encouraging people to be 'humble' before a God or before a head of state is dangerous. Populations who don't think critically of their elders or leaders (religious or communist atheist), who are driven by emotion are dangerous.

Bush didn't get the south behind his invasion of Iraq by talking up how bad Hussien was and how shitty it was that his dad never got the job done and oh, oh, oh all the oil too!

No, he simply said God told him to do it and some shit about America being great and all was well. Job done.

Fuck this 'extremist perception' of the Quraan. There's a fairly big chance that the top dogs behind 9/11 weren't religious at all. Just men who felt cast aside by an arrogant West who felt they could walk into the Middle East and dictate policy.

But that wasn't and isn't the selling point when they go looking for young mytars, is it?

Hitler didn't go to war over a religious disagreement, but he shopped around all the major religions, past and present to see how they controlled and guided their respective populations. Psudeo historians always bang on about Hitler and Himmel being geniuses when they ripped off pretty much every major religion and cult of their time.

The Cold War was just a pissing contest. It's depressing that one of mans greatest achievements was purely done to spite the Russians and pick up some new means of mass destruction along the way.

Religion is just another method of facilitating ones hatered for other. It's no different from racism, nationalism, homophobia, sexism and all the other 'isms'.

You going "oh it wasn't religion that started that, it was the other method of enticing blind hatetred that time" is all mute anyway because no sensible 'atheist' is making this argument just like no sensible Muslim believes the West should fall.

I continually see Hitchens and Dawkins called out on this when it's not a fucking argument they are making but unless they fly in some Koreans or Chinks, there's not much room for a debate on communism, is there? More to the point communism isn't the problem in the civilised west, it's racism, religion and sexism that are being used as excuses to kill each other.

All the major atheists and modern philosophers address all this shit but if there isn't a youtube clip...
    test
  12. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

what about civil wars?

sunni vs shiate? oh wait, you said "civilised" - protestants vs catholics?

i don't agree with this at all.

i don't see how relying on a higher deity that one cannot see is dangerous?

before a head of state? yes.

but before god? how?

i'm not going to argue with this, it's true.

fair call.

they're trying to dictate a policy, so they had a selling point to the weak.

i still don't believe that the muslims were behind september 11, sorry.

wait, why am i apologising.

the states have always loved to put the blame on people just to attack them for their own hidden agenda, same thing they did with the soviets.

on a tangent, but do you know what hitler's opinion was on islam?

it's because it seperates, differentiates, and ultimately divides us.

which is why time and time again i've stated my dislike for the word religion.

i hate the label that you get, why can't we all just be humans for fucks sake.

the only reason i created this thread was because of cunts like jaybee/nightmare claiming religion's the only thing causing wars/bloodhsed, etc.

i'm not going to sit here and deny that alot of dumb cunts have done the most barbaric acts in the name of their "religion", but to those claiming that the world without religious people would have no wars is just fucking retarded.

test
  13. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i never said that u dumb fuck. here's a simple math problem for a retard to understand

no religion+humans= WAR
    religion+humans= A LOT MORE WARS
    the good religion causes < the bad religion causes

learn how to read dumbass i already explained it more than once. it's called a gray area
    test
  14. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

your alligator mouth is facing the wrong way jackass
    test
  15. miscreant

miscreant 1996 was the shit

^are you fucken kidding?

religion+humans= A LOT MORE WARS

lol
    test
  16. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

good post. i think hitchens made a good point in how the atheistic communist states were practically theocracies in the way they treated their heads of state.

the emphasis needs to be on secularism(freedom of religion), not atheism. any state that mandates beliefs is wrong from the get-go.
    test
  17. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i wasn't even talkin to u fool
    test
  18. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

yes i had to make it simple for nu's slow ass.
    test
  19. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

regardless of if you were talking to me or not... your alligator mouth direction would make the statement read...

the good (that) religion causes "is less than" the bad (that) religion causes

and, so, if religious wars are killing off the religious idiots, and religion = more wars, then, that is a good thing as long as there is religion present...so...

where R is religion...and H is humanity

unless R = 0

R > H + R

and this statement further proves that humanity is negative
    test
  20. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i kno what < means i wrote it correct. war over disagreeing on an opinion of "god" and "holy" is stupid. i kno without the idea of god existing there would still be war, but war based on that idea alone is retarded. wat part of that dont u understand?

war is good as long as its religious folks killin each other off? is that how u think atheist think? :funny:
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.