Relapse has leaked.....Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by nappyjim, May 7, 2009.

?

Relapse...thoughts?

1. Total Disappointment

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Its alright

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Better than I expected

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Awesome

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halfway_Crook

Halfway_Crook Well-Known Member

To me it's simple. If you like how it sounds, it's good. The end.
    test
  2. vandalism

vandalism the king

nigga its a fuckin national newspaper, who you think gon be reviewing it. them same reviewers was giving his old albums 5/5. you don't need to be KRS-1 to realize the subject matter was tired

I thought that sun times review was good, I agreed with most of what dude said. I don't know bout the rating but I agreed with what he said

Rolling Stone, 4/5: Eminem: Relapse : Music Reviews : Rolling Stone
    Spin, 2/5: Eminem, 'Relapse' (Interscope) | Spin Magazine Online

ain't read the spin one but that rolling stone review is a lot worse than the chicago times one

EDIT: nah spin review was garbage too. the only one of them reviews that was on point was chicago times
    test
  3. Mind_Control_D

Mind_Control_D Detroits_Own

i cant believe no one mentioned the "Go to bed wit a Heath Ledger Bobblehead" line...shit had me crackin hard
    test
  4. nappyjim

nappyjim Active Member

test
  5. SpawnYours

SpawnYours Gram •••••••

Fuck a review. Thats like picking any one of us to come up with one. I care less what some dude at rolling stone says or a shitty ass mag like spin.
    test
  6. jaykay

jaykay New Member

so what's everyone's favorite songs so far?

1. same song & dance (by far)
    2. de ja vu
    3. beautiful

other good songs: "stay wide awake", "underground", "3 am", and i like "old time's sake"
    the rest is either alright or wack...
    definitely picks up second half of the album. "crack a bottle" should've been a bonus track.
    test
  7. Halfway_Crook

jaykay - why do you like Same Song and Dance so much?
    test
  8. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

^Yeah, SS&D was filler to me.
    test
  9. nappyjim

nappyjim Active Member

Same Song and Dance is my favorite too. I like the beat and I like the story telling, even though content wise its nothing like TES, production wise and shit, it reminds me of a TES type joint for some reason and thats my fav album. (cant really explain it, just seems to be TES like)

If I had to pick now I would say:
    1) Same Song n Dance
    2) My Mom
    3) Stay Wide Awake
    test
  10. Halfway_Crook

Maybe I just don't get the concept of it??
    test
  11. hYpOconDriAdIcT

hYpOconDriAdIcT New Member

i dunno, deffinitely didnt touch his 1st three as a whole, but LYRICALLY its right up there but i wasnt feelin some of the beats, some of them, not all, didnt fit his style.. when u look at sslp or mmlp the beats werent as flashy but they fit him much better and they were different... its hard to explain.. they just didnt sound like eminem beats and thats my only complaint. solid album.
    test
  12. nappyjim

nappyjim Active Member

Well the basic premise is he is a serial rapist, talking about his past deeds. Its called same song and dance because all the victims act the same. They cry, they scream, they plead for their lives (same song) and kick, try to get away, etc (same dance).

First verse is in present times. He first raps about his past, "couple a rape charges, people think your a monster". He is driving is car, picks up Tonya cause her car died out on the road and begins to tie her up with tape (listening to the skit).

On the second verse he is going back in time and telling you about his first victim, Lindsay Lohan being the first. He talks about how they met and what attracted him to her in the first place.

Third verse, he is again going back in time talking about his second victim, Britney Spears and again he talks about his fascination with her and what drove him to want to rape her. He also explains how he went about getting in contact with her.
    test
  13. Halfway_Crook

^ thanks!! God I'm a retard.
    test
  14. nappyjim

nappyjim Active Member

yep.

I edited the post slightly, after listening again, it appears he is simply a rapist, not a murderer in this song, if you take his words in context and as truths. In the beginning he says, "couple of rape charges, people think your a monster". Then he goes back in time and tells us about his first 2 rape charges, Lindsay and Britney.
    test
  15. house123

house123 New Member

test
  16. jaykay

jaykay New Member

haha i just think it's a dope dope song.. like what nappyjim broke down.
    the other thing is its the best beat on the album in my opinion, and one of the best beats em has ever rapped over. listen to the production on the hook and the bassline throughout!! amazing. em always raps over the same type of dre beat.. short bouncy loop with the same sound.. this beat actually has a cinematic mood/feeling and matches the lyrics perfectly. song kind of reminds me of "97 bonnie and clyde" actually. i also like how he talks about his victims as lindsey lohan and britney.. i wonder who Tonya or Tanya is supposed to be??
    test
  17. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

You know... You're worse than the so-called 'Stans' you bitch about so often on here.

If you don't like Eminem's music why on earth you read up so much about the dude and comment so much in forums about him?

Isn't that what Stan did? heh.
    test
  18. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

...yeah, it was basically a subversion of dance songs and pop music... I think that's pretty different to take somethin' that's normally all I love you or I wanna break you down, and turn it into a rape song... and the idea of "same song and dance" is just a knock on all these pop singer celebrity chicks just being the same formula. Even though it's the same shit where he's going at some random pop divas again, he flipped it differently.

That's what I took from it at least. Not nothin' deep, but I read between the lines anyway.

I like -
    1.) Medicine Ball
    2.) Bagpipes From Baghdad
    3.) Hello
    test
  19. nappyjim

nappyjim Active Member

About the dedication to Proof:

Slim writes in the liner notes, "I tried to write a song for you but nothing was good enough."
    test
  20. nappyjim

nappyjim Active Member

"Proof, no matter how much time passes, not a day goes by that I don't think of you," he wrote. "If it weren't for you, I would not be where I am today, and we both know it. I tried to write a song for you, but nothing was good enough, so I'm dedicating them all to you — and you'd be happy to know that I spazzed out on 'em again! I know you wouldn't have it any other way! F--- 'em all — let's get 'em!"
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.