Relapse has leaked.....Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by nappyjim, May 7, 2009.

?

Relapse...thoughts?

1. Total Disappointment

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Its alright

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Better than I expected

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Awesome

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KNoXvillE

KNoXvillE Str8 MAjor LeAf FuNKy!

I was a fan of SSLP and MMLP. TES had less than a handful of songs I like, I thought Em lost it after that. but RELAPSE..... is off the fuckin chain. Authentik1, I was hating on this shit too at 1st. I really just skimmed thru it and didn't listen to the shit, but after a couple blunts and bump'n it thru a badass system. FUCK, this shit is ridiculous! Just listen to it for real this time. Dude says shit we all think to ourselfs but then scared to say out loud.

Every track don't got that Dexter's Laboratory flow either.
    test
  2. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

Umm
    what?
    test
  3. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

test
  4. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

I like this shit... it grew on me after I listened to it in order without skippin' around. I think he really took his shock value further to Bizarre territory but made it cohesive and complex, distilled it and came up with this psycho, stalker, pill poppin', homo rapist, truly disturbed clown persona for the concept... it gives it this unique quality to go with the way his flow has changed. His syncopation is ridiculous, and the flow is pretty crazy on alot of it. I think that works for him... 'cause really, what else is he gonna rhyme about as a person? He could just come with some 2000 B.C. style lyrical only shit - that's not worth an album. Rap about bein' famous and rich... nah, not his place. Rap about some serious issues and politics, or sociology? Yeah right. Leave that to whoever's good at it. This is Em being Em.

Only tracks to me that are fire are Bagpipes from Baghdad and Medicine Ball, but I can listen to almost the whole album through and would if I was on a long commute or something. I got kind of tired of the album pretty quick, but I was just surprised that it was decent and solid after the last one, and that he could do something that's similar to his old stuff but different and exaggerated. I can't call this a great album or a classic, but a solid surprise... worth a listen.
    test
  5. Halfway_Crook

Halfway_Crook Well-Known Member

So seeing as everyone has downloaded Relapse, anyone here still going to buy it when it's out next Tuesday? I am because I value albums a lot more when I physically own them.
    test
  6. nappyjim

nappyjim Active Member

I will. Like I said before, if an artist as 4-5 good songs on the album, I'll buy it cause it shows they actually WORKED on the album and I believe they should be compensated. If they just got 1 hot single and the rest is garbage, I just dl it and thats all.
    test
  7. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

I'm buying. (I think I already said it.)

But yeah .. after having the CD a few days and bumping it in the ride and on a sound system.. this CD is fucking dope... especially the beats...

Headphones just don't do this CD justice.

Now... hopefully Detox actually comes out... after the Relapse I'm very interested in it again.
    test
  8. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

By the way.... Did anyone crack a laugh when Christopher Reeves gets in on the track and raps on the song Medicine ball?

I was in the Gym... "Throw down the cardboard, let's break dance if you think you're hardcore" ....

The voice and the whole breathing shit... I just cracked up and looked like some sort of retard on the treadmill laughing to myself..

I wasn't expecting that.
    test
  9. vandalism

vandalism the king

makin fun of paralyzed people for not being able to walk, for no reason.. chris reeve died, his wife died recently too. he got young orphaned kids that are gon hear that

yeah funny shit
    test
  10. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

lol o shit reeves wuz breathin??
    i thought em wuz actin like he was takin lines when he was rappin as chris reeves, lol, i get it now.
    test
  11. Ad-VicE

Ad-VicE T.Mitch

I like it..... classic eminem
    test
  12. SpawnYours

SpawnYours Gram •••••••

I think it's funny as shit. Fuck it.
    test
  13. SpawnYours

SpawnYours Gram •••••••

...And I will be buying it. Last cd I valued was Nas's Untitled.
    test
  14. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

I actually did die laughin' at the whole Christopher Reeves verse... I rewinded that shit like 10 times.

I think he kinda paid homage to the legacy of referencing him and made him seem dope... made it seem more friendly jokin' and shit, and explained real quick how it's just that his name was easy to rhyme, nothing personal. It's true too... I always catch myself wanting to say Christopher Reeves off the top, and I can't count how many times I've heard someone say it in a cypher.
    test
  15. nappyjim

nappyjim Active Member

thats what i thought at first too, but then realized he was acting like he had a breathing tube in his neck.
    test
  16. nappyjim

nappyjim Active Member

well Em never had beef with him on a real level, ya know. "and i aint got no beef with him neither; he used to be like a hero to me..."

Em just found it ironic that the superman of all people would get paralyzed, sick and twisted kinda, but no real hate or anything.
    test
  17. nappyjim

nappyjim Active Member

test
  18. vandalism

vandalism the king

test
  19. vandalism

vandalism the king

just read the article you posted, and turns out that dude slates the 'rolling stone' interview, lol. I kinda agree with that dude though, even people who like the songs gotta admit that the subject matter on relapse is tired as fuck - drugs and talkin about killin random celebrities
    test
  20. nappyjim

nappyjim Active Member

not mad, just kinda confused.....

see. Im not opposed to the album getting a low rating if the reviewer is someone knowledgeable on hip hop (lyrics, flow, delivery, content, etc). But when you have someone who has no idea what a multi is, etc then the review is garbage cause they have no biz reviewing it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.