Relapse has leaked.....Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by nappyjim, May 7, 2009.

?

Relapse...thoughts?

1. Total Disappointment

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Its alright

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Better than I expected

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Awesome

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nappyjim

nappyjim Active Member

Personally, I always had high hopes and I think the album is great. Too early to really compare it to others. Definitely better than Encore, but need to listen a few more times to compare it to SSLP, MMLP, TES.

And if you like it, fuckin buy this shit on the 19th. Already got my order in Amazon.
    test
  2. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

Honestly...I ain't even the biggest Eminem fan and never really understood the hype over SSLP. MMLP was doper and so was The Eminem Show...Encore was the worst commercial rap album ever made tbh

This shit though, while it has its weak spots and isn't better than MMLP...when he's on maaan he's gone with it. Probably the best rap ability I've ever heard. Bar none.
    test
  3. nazeem

nazeem Member

He fuckin killed Underground. That song is fire!
    test
  4. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

KILLED IT! He's catchin' back up on Royce for best rapper alive. I really gotta see what Royce does with his album, now.
    test
  5. wHiRlWiNdMC

wHiRlWiNdMC Masta Ace Dickrider

Need another listen but I definitely like it better than The Eminem Show and Encore. I guess I'd say that right now I'd put it somewhere close between SSLP and MMLP.
    test
  6. nappyjim

nappyjim Active Member

im waitin for nick cannon to respond, lol
    test
  7. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

I think I'm too old to enjoy him any more.
    I found myself skipping tracks after thirty or forty seconds. I've never done that with any of his albums(besides relapse)

The 'My Mom' beat sounds way too familiar. I can't put my finger on it.
    test
  8. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

It sounds like fucking "What's the Difference"
    test
  9. Knowledge

Knowledge Guest

test
  10. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

MORE Christopher Reeves references? Jesus, he has nothing to rap about. It's not funny, I don't know why he keeps repeating boring jokes about a dead guy.
    test
  11. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I think Hello is my favorite song on it... haha... My Mom is sick too. Shit... most of the album is sick. I actually started like 3 AM a bit after the video dropped. Same Song & Dance, Bagpipes from Baghdad, Medicine Ball, Stay Wide Awake, Deja Vu, Beautiful, and Underground were all sick. I didn't like the other joints much tho'. But that's a damn fuckin' good album to me.
    test
  12. Knowledge

Knowledge Guest

Track 19 > this thread.
    test
  13. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

This just makes me more excited for Cage/Clipse to drop.
    test
  14. wHiRlWiNdMC

Wish Crack a Bottle and We Made You weren't on here. Plus some songs could have had better choruses(Stay Wide Awake, Medicine Ball). Easily the best produced album for Eminem. Technically his best album since SSLP, not talking about the content of the songs. This is more adkin to the SSLP, not a whole lot of content-rich songs(with the exception of Beautiful). Also, I didn't find him using his accents as much as I thought he would be. I think any Eminem fan wanting a throwback to the SSLP got it here, except better production, and a couple more throwaway songs. Not his best but like I said, I'm pleasantly surprised. Initial reaction I'd give the album about a 3.75
    test
  15. Authentik1

Authentik1 New Member

every new em track that has leaked has been terrible. couldnt listen for more than 20 secs
    test
  16. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

Best produced?

No way.
    test
  17. Authentik1

Authentik1 New Member

the fuck is with that stupid ass voice? dude sings. eminems old news point blank. he had his time now move on.
    test
  18. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

^ I'm with that.
    He did try to rekindle some of the old fire he used to have, but he doesn't have the subject matter or passion any more.

A for effort. D+ for the album.
    test
  19. wHiRlWiNdMC

The beats off of Bagpipes From Baghdad, Beautiful, Insane, and Stay Wide Awake are among the best I've ever heard him rap over.
    test
  20. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

yo someone please hook me up. its well documented that im the biggest fuckin stan in here and have been for a long time. my computer is mad far from my router and when the weather is shitty (which its been in ny for the last 2 weeks) my connection goes in and out. i need someone to send me the tracks 1 at a time cuz when i do the whole album it always goes out. just before i got up to 75% and it fucked me. so please someone hook me up, spanky how bout you old pal?

my aim handle is methodman2432. HOOK A BROTHA UP
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.