Redesigned the Site...check out the kid...

Discussion in 'Graphic Forum' started by Woo Child, Oct 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woo Child

Woo Child You Still Want To Be Me

http://www.WooChild.com

haven't added the banner, but that's pretty much it...

anyone that dig what i did here and want some ish done, holla @ the kid...we can work out something with your budget. i'm not coming back to this joint so it's pointless leaving your info...handle your business and contact me.

design@woochild.com
    test
  2. hotnukka

hotnukka New Member

looks tight.
    test
  3. EdJames

EdJames I'm Ed James Bitch

DAMN! WOO CHILD STILL EXISTS!

I bought your CD ages ago, we were asking about you in a thread the other day.
    test
  4. Woo Child

yes...haha

i am alive and well...bout to do somethings, be on the look out
    test
  5. Virble Sylense

Virble Sylense Who tha Fawk is Sylense?

its iight...has potential just not feelin all the pixelation and the long intro wit the pics fading....need like a skip button or make it shorter...
    test
  6. DaGoldynChyld

DaGoldynChyld R u Down wit Da King?

test
  7. Woo Child

"all the pixelation"?? there is very little pixelation, and only occurs as a zoom effect on the interactive squares i.e. it's intentional..zoom in , move around, come into focus and then "Woo" is typed....same effect used on Eminem's old site before the wack encore page was put up...scroll over the squares and you get a pleasant suprise on both the front page and bio page...

and i don't have a traditional intro, it's actually apart of the site...like QN5 used to have their flash version....but i prolly could make a skip button...wouldn't do much, cause what's loading is the site, not an intro...but i could make it happen...thanx for the feed, but making it shorter? kid, it last all of 10 seconds, how impatient are you? haha

thanx @ DGC
    test
  8. Virble Sylense

oh, well to me the pixelation looks accidental as in being that the image is stretched, looks more like distortion than an actual pixelation effect

and as far as the loading/intro i was just sayin...its cool for a person's first visit there but for those who are comin back nobody wants to see all of that every time they visit...trust me i do this professionally, just givin my opinion
    test
  9. Woo Child

it's not an effect, it's a look...if i wanted it clean, i'd just make the pic the size of the zoom...vuala, no pixelation...but i was going for a look, similar to what Em used to have, and i pulled it off...it goes out of focus, eases back and settles in focus, then the name is typed...which is why i said it was intentional...;)

but i most certainly listen, and added a skip ;) as well as my lil banner

my site is meant to be avante garde, it's not supposed to follow the "rules"...it's supposed to stand out...

sticking to ridged ideals is easy, and there are plenty of sites to bite off of to get that "clean" look....but is that hip hop? I was going for a feel, and i think i pulled it off...i also do this professionally, but not too self centered to accept good feed...thanks for the input.

what you think of my lil "IPOD" MP3 Player?? I think the function is cool...plus, people don't have to be at the site to listen to the music cause it's a standalone once it's launched. I'll be adding new music very very soon.
    test
  10. Virble Sylense

coo shit wit the skip button....

i checked the ipod player but i didnt see the play button it was referring to... i was also thinking of using a standalone player for my site which i may do in the future, already have it scripted im just too busy to design it right now...

but yea whas up wit the player i couldnt find the play button to get it to work....
    test
  11. Woo Child

once you press launch, the player pops up and starts playing station 1, song 1 whatever it may be at the time...the controls are on a circular dial play signified by a sideways triangle like every play button ever made, stop signified by a square, two triangles in either direction for forward and reverse..

off to the right, it says "station", with forward and reverse buttons under it...this allows people to navigate to a station that is best suited for their connection speed. Station 1 is lo-fi, station 2 is hi-fi.

it's really simple to opperate, and detailed on the media page before you launch it...if you've ever owned a cassette radio/walkman, you know how to opperate my player...haha

iowno what the problem is...maybe you're on Firefox, and earlier it wasn't launching at all...but that's not a problem anymore.
    test
  12. Virble Sylense

o ok its linked up right now...last time when i clicked launch the same lil window saying launch popped up but now the actual player came up...coo shit...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.