Recommend a running shoe..

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by ThisMiss, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

For me please =)
    I'm going to buy some tomorrow since I can't wear my dirty shoes in the gym lol
    test
  2. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

Mizuno, Asics and Brooks are the best.

However, Brooks and Mizuno make the ugliest shoes on earth.

I've tried most, because my job involves a steady jog on concrete for 12 hours or so a day.

Adidas Mega/Micro Bounce are good, but not near as cushioned as you'd expect.

But my favorite:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Asics-GEL-Kayan...ryZ63850QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/120-WOMENS-MIZU...ryZ63889QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But everyone's feet are different. And it also depends on what kind of running you'll be doing, also.

I'd stick with the following brands though: Brooks, Mizuno, Asics, Saucony. Nike Frees are good for short distance running too, I hear.
    (female version there. Both are avail in womens)
    test
  3. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

Yo, what's wrong with running in J's? Should I really invest in a solid pair of shoes for strictly running? I mean, my XX2's are the truth and I can wear em from the court right to the treadmill with no worries. Do running shoes make a huge difference?
    test
  4. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

^ I imagine running shoes might be alot lighter than a basketball sneaker

I spent alot on the adidas megabounce, which are very comfortable, but not the greatest overall. I didnt know anything about running shoes when I bought them & wish I put the money towards a better running shoe. Also everytime I go to skip rope, the little rubber "bounce" grooves on the bottom catch on the jumprope, which constantly messes me up & gets me pissed to the point where I just run instead.

I want some Asics
    test
  5. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

Thanks guys :smile:
    test
  6. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

i wear nike free 7.0.
    test
  7. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

Depends on how much you run. I can't run in basketball shoes off the court, because the soles are too thin. There's not much cushioning in the front/mid because in bball you need to be close to the floor. But a running shoe has more cushion and feels a hell of a lot better if you're running long distances.

If you're only hitting the treadmill and your feet don't give you problems, I wouldn't sweat it though. Treadmills are a lot different than running on pavement.
    test
  8. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

I bought some asics... ugliest shoes EVER lol
    They only had the hideous ones in my size =(
    test
  9. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Does not matter. I mean it's not a fashion show or anything. Plus with you running around, nobody will be looking at your feet [teet]
    test
  10. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

You are not fucking lieing there, boss. I run 3+ miles a day, every day at this point (treadmill) but I ran this 5k joint outside a few weeks ago. Dawg, my feet and calves were hurtin for 7 days, no joke. It's like, wtf.
    test
  11. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

*sigh* I know I know... they're only for the gym... but still... when I look at them sitting there...[vomit]
    They feel like I'm running on clouds though, so whatevaaaa
    test
  12. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

And that's what really matters.
    test
  13. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

Most running shoes are ugly, and it seems the better the shoes, the uglier they get.

I'm going Saucony Progrid Paramount here in a few weeks:
    [​IMG]

Expensive, but I've got high expectations.
    test
  14. ThisMiss

ThisMiss Guest

Well mine are purple, gold, and silver lol
    test
  15. IBRICHGRLY

IBRICHGRLY POSION IVY

I Use To Run In My J's Until I Twisted My Ankle..never Again..thats Why I Wear My Air Max..they Are So Comfortable And Light On My Feet...sorry I Cant Afford Those Expensive Pair Of Running Shoes...
    test
  16. dlbiininja

dlbiininja The Hip Hop Poet.

New balance is good as well. Also, see about getting fitted for your shoes. And a walking analysis. Due to having sprained my right ankle in football or either from the home delivery job. I have developed the tendency to pronate my right foot. Meaning i turn my foot inward more putting more pressure on the outer edge of my right foot and which rolls the foot more. And I have slightly flat feet. meaning my arches haven't completely fallen. So, there not as fucked up as some people who do have completely fallen arches. Some shoes can compensate for whatever your tendencies are.
    test
  17. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

i prefer saucony or asics. adidas and new balance makes some pretty decent shit too.
    test
  18. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

wtf those shoes have a set of molars.
    test
  19. rocker314

rocker314 Rock Star

running shoe is expensive
    test
  20. Pistol Petee

Pistol Petee Pussy Eater

cop some under armour training shoes instead...they are more versatile and you could do different things in them

and yeah running shoes are hideous
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.