Reaper

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by FlameSpitta, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlameSpitta

FlameSpitta New Member

I just got my hands on Reaper software to record with, just to find something to use to get away from Adobe Audition for a minute, and it seems to be a pretty good program so far.
    I haven't gotten far enough to try making beats with it yet, I'm not used to VSTi's. I'm not sure if I even have any stashed in my harddrive.
    The question is, does any one here know anything about this software? pros and cons? and where can I try out some free VSTi's?
    test
  2. Temp_Guest2

Temp_Guest2 Dope Lyricist/Producer

Reaper acts as an alternative to Cubase. It's a pretty good product but is still new and is constantly being updated. The Cockos website should have enough information on their site along with tips and tricks.
    test
  3. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

its been out for 5 years its not new lol. its just a daw theres tons of em go to kvr-audio.com for free vsts
    test
  4. Temp_Guest2

Not brand new but new compared to the likes of Cubase (formerly Cubit!) which have been around for 20+ years.
    test
  5. TrackMakerz

TrackMakerz TrackMakerz

Yo FlameSpitta check out openlabs site,I know they use reaper as one of their softwares in the open labs neko,and you can call them and they'll be happy to help you out.
    test
  6. Temp_Guest2

That's what Denaun Porter traded in Pro Tools for. I think Timbo uses one aswell
    test
  7. TrackMakerz

TrackMakerz TrackMakerz

Yeah open labs has a timbaland edition of the neko.I have one as well,but still trying to learn the reaper software and it cost around 5k.It's a great machine,it's basically a big computer with alot of sounds and more,i could be here forever telling you what all comes with the neko,so i'm out.
    test
  8. Temp_Guest2

Does it come with the standard stuff like USB ports, CD Drives.etc where you can manually add more and more?
    test
  9. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

The Miko/Neko series are like hybrid workstations/computers. they have all of your computer standards but are tucked into a keyboard workstation and use vsts. Hell people put pro tools on their miko also.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.