Really Confused

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by Mind~$oul, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

The majority of you all wanted the poet/poem of the month. You all have been wanting it for some years now, going back to before I was even mod'n. But nobody is voting. Can somebody explain to me why?

Are going about it in the way you don't like or what? What's the problem? Let Soul know.
    test
  2. Bhitiah

Bhitiah Powerful Scriptures

Honestly...In my opinion there just havent been many all that great and jaw dropping and awesome poems coming out. I mean sure there have been a few nice pieces, but there just hasnt been anything that's truly worthy of poem of the month...

And where's misskey's poem, isnt it supposed to be stickied all this month? or am I just over looking it?

I never asked for the poet of the month thing either, lol. But, I do think it's a good idea and whatnot....I just think that the lack of participation in it could be due to alot of things...

Concieted ass poets that are only concerned about their replies to their poem (Well here ya go genius, particpate in the rest of the forum, more people will respond to you, not only that, you'll get more recognition, not only that you might get nominated and have your poem stickied all month long or whatever -i thought that's what happened anyway-)

Or, There are those select few that are really busy and cant vote yet. Besides, Who knows...Ya might get a rush of poets on the last couple days of the month ...That's what I usually do ..Cause what if someone posts something thats just HOTT on the 29th and you've already voted your 3!!

Or ....Maybe the realm is out to get you malik, and nobody wants to vote on your stupid thread...lol, but really, how likely is that?
    test
  3. UFO the Phoenix

UFO the Phoenix I DONT BELIEVE IN ALIENS!

I think people are all talk and no action

Mind we should do what I said earlier.....have the Mod's select or nominate 3 poems each and then leave it up to the realm to vote on who they felt the most OUT of that selection
    test
  4. Bhitiah

Bhitiah Powerful Scriptures

^^ Nah that's fucked up turning it into a mod thing and then letting us vote on YOUR three choices. There are people that DO vote...

Let me be honest.....What is it the 25th? There are still 5 days to vote. Quit getting all impatient and shit.

Nah that idea you proposed UFO is stupid.
    test
  5. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

First off there has been plenty of poems worthy of poem of the month. I've picked two already that I know for sure i'm going to vote on. Misskey poem was up for 2 weeks. That's how long I usually keep most sticky's anyway. I think that was UFO that wanted it to be a whole month. 2 Weeks is fine.

UFO we're not gonna turn it into a mod thing. I still want the people to vote themselves. Yeah it's the 25th we still got like 5 days left. But then again the same shit happened last month. So I don't think nobody is being impatient. I'm just wondering why nobody is voting.

And nobody said you wanted the poem of the month. You were the first person to say something against when he had a thread talking about it. I said the majority of the people in the realm wanted it. Going back to before I was a mod.

Yall bastids wake up
    test
  6. UFO the Phoenix

UFO the Phoenix I DONT BELIEVE IN ALIENS!

I still dont think anyone is going to vote
    test
  7. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

Sorry to burst your bubble^; I am someone. (runs around)

:tongue:

I did ask for the poet/poem of the month, or said it was a good idea. MY BAD for not voting last time
    test
  8. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

I keep meaning to vote =/

I'll vote in July's.

Maybe some people end up reading so many and then forget what ones they wanted to vote for?

I was having that problem...

Here's an easy solution which I am inacting for myself so I can vote this month

When you're in the realm reading pieces...have a piece of paper and pen beside you..write down those pieces that really stick out to you...when you're ready to vote..you'll have your list there..you can easily go back and find them if you need/want to read them again to vote, ect.
    test
  9. DaJackle

DaJackle ThoughtS ProcessinG

in accord with britiah's idea...you're not really fair to those who are busy to post when you are voting too early in the month...you should make it that the vote for the current month should be on the work on the previous month, and the poet posted for the current month should be the one voted on the month before...that way everyone has a chance to get their work posted and then be able to view others at the same time...jsut my two cent..though i've been gone a while...well peace
    test
  10. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

I have negelcted to vote several times but I will.

I've started this month! Shit I get busy. Especially being POM when I didnt submit votes..I felt bad.

I'll get it together...but just be patient guys. Not everyone even comes in here!
    test
  11. dlbiininja

dlbiininja The Hip Hop Poet.

give it time. they may not just notice it as of yet. hell.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.