Reality & Truth

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Yahunyahti, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sodium

Sodium I Get Computers Putin'

if nanomachines reach that level of sophistication then humans wouldnt need to have their brains replanted in new bodies as nanomachines would probably be able to keep the body from deteriorating, keeping it's cells at a constant level of stasis - lets say, 21 years old: forever.
    test
  2. Sodium

the fact that nobody is clicking your links alludes to the possibility that you aren't that ill of a prophet then.
    test
  3. It's not my fault if people ask me to answer someting and refuse to read my references.
    test
  4. I do not take a utopianist or dystopian few to future tech. If we are capable of nanotech to that degree, we are also capable of AI that supercedes our evolutioanry bias. And that changes everything in a way that no other future tech can change.
    test
  5. I'm going to talk to Jeff and see if he can impliment a mod that puts a javascript bubble that allows you to select either Wikipedia or Google on every non-common word I type.
    test
  6. Sodium

its your fault for not choosing a more effective method of sharing your ideas to others. the current way isnt working. this reminds me of when i told you to make more commercial-sounding beats that appeal to more people and you said fuck that.

but that wiki idea is a good idea though
    test
  7. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

It's not a matter of "IF". It's a matter of "Years Away".

I haven't read any evidence they've figured out away for the nanobots to
    keep the cells in complete stasis... But that is a interesting and something
    to look forward to.

If we Look at where computers were in the 80's compared to where computers are now. Technology is going to keep advancing at alarming rates.

The way it was explained is the nanobots will only slow down the cells with in the body to keep it from deteriorating in otherwords just not as fast as bioloical humans. Instead you'd be a Biotechnological human.

They say our body will still die, But the nanotechnology implanted inside our brains will have collected all your neural infromation throughout your life then transfer it into a new organism. Say a clone of yourself. A carbon copy.
    test
  8. There is nothing more subjective in the universe than attempting to make teaching humans efficient. Some people will die unenlightened no matter what. And I'm A-Okay with that. Everyone needs cannon fodder.
    test
  9. http://en.wikipedia.com/wiki/Transhumanism

Welcome to my world.
    test
  10. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Ghet - I'm going to read that book when I have time this weekend. Thanks for posting the link. But, I asked you a specific question and you, instead of answering it, gave me the link to a fucking book. If we all did that, there'd be no conversations on here.
    test
  11. If we all did that, there would be having much more intelligent conversations here ;D

After all, where do you think I found the link for that book? ;D
    test
  12. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

I'll remember that. Next time somebody asks me a question, I'll just link them to a book that gives the answer. I'll keep you up to date on how that one works out.

NisLaniF?
    test
  13. I got it from going to a real board where when you argue, you actually have to post no less than 3 references that verify your stance.

It's good practice for.. you know... the real world.
    test
  14. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Already been in your world. And I already read this the last time you posted it. Transhumanism is more infromation caught in the nueral web of the global mind to be processed until the nanotechnology comes along.

You should checkout that book I told you about (check your rep). Get a look at my world. You'll discover it's very similar to yours.

http://www.transtopia.org/
    http://www.longevitymeme.org/topics/transhumanism.cfm

For now we will pass on the meme.
    test
  15. x - calli

x - calli Guest

word.. i have a text file of it called technologys nest, from when you posted it awhile ago.

ive read alot of it.. it throws aside many wrong assumptions about reality, and shows why those assumptions are so common. like people wanting things to happen in a progressive order, or be in a single heirarchy, coming from our original social chain recognition earlier in evolution. but reality works by complex pressure systems that everyone plays a part in, but no one fully controls or understands... emergent systems, kinda like the stock market.

it completely goes against peoples romantic notions or ideals, but its probably more interesting.

it also made the point that all of human history is *us*. things like the nazi party or pol pots genocide all came from human nature. different cultures, situations and times, but still us.

it also tells alot about human history that gets neglected or glossed over, because it isnt sexy enough. lol.

it paints a wild future as well, thats for sure. theres no way of knowing where were going in the next 50 years, everything is developing and speeding up, to the point that no one can pretend to keep track of everything. posthumanism will be exciting.. gives me a reason to live as long as i can, maybe i can cross that threshold and live another 1,000 years, who knows?

and what is that other forum you were on that required sources? i might check it out if you dont mind
    test
  16. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

The memories can be preserved, thoughts can be preserved and even the personality can be preserved. But, your consciousness cannot be moved from one form to another by a third party.

The attempt to keep human beings alive by turning them into robots is a waste of time. The robots will simply be imitations of us, only much more powerful. If scientists pursue this path it is VERY likely that great portions of the Matrix and Terminator films could become true. I haven't read the book yet (and I will) but are you talking about Transhumanism (Or was that just Menaz?)

Personally the whole Transhumanism thing sounds like an alternate version of Scientology, to me. But hey, we've already got hundreds of religious cults, why not some scientific ones?
    test
  17. Sodium

transhumanism is really just some day-to-day average nukkas who are discontent with their lives and thus latch on to the hope that they can be immortal and powerful through insanely powerful technologies of the future. through this they can right their boring lives and live like super heroes.

the funny thing is how feasible it is. the only real question is when. it drives these nikkas crazy that it might take maybe 30 years or maybe 1000 years for it to happen. they dont want to miss out.
    test
  18. That's not it at -ALL-

Because whatever gains YOU can get from Transhumanism... 5 billion other people can as well.

Had I posted something about an idea called Industralism in the 1700s, you'd probably tell me something about how I'm just some poor unfortunate person dreaming about machines that do more work for me. But just as Transhumanism will, Industrialism revolutionized civilization and shifted power balances, brought forth massive technological progression, and changed how humans view themselves in the universe.

Dune is one of the first books to cover what happens when humans supercede their limits on an infrastructural level. Transhumanism doesn't create a superhuman. Transhumanism creates a superhuman infrastructure, not just one Atlas here or a Titan there. But hundreds of millions of them, all carrying the burden of civilization's dependancies on their shoulders.
    test
  19. Sodium

while thats all true - you have to admit: you want to to live that lifestyle. i cant blame you i would want to live it too.
    test
  20. I only want to have the ability to go to other planets. And if possible, extend my life several thousand years just to watch how things progress.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.