real boxing game fans rejoice..

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by veral conflict, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

tbh .. it's more that I just didn't like Fight Night .. I wasn't a fan of the analgoue stick controls .. just couldn't get into it .. it didn't feel 'right' to me even though it makes sense to utilise them that way .. I like my buttons and triggers ..
    test
  2. Pistol Petee

Pistol Petee Pussy Eater

i bet that really fucked yall day up
    test
  3. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

It's all about total control punching... you actually have to think and strategize a lot more.
    test
  4. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

ha yeah .. jetlagged for 2 days ..
    test
  5. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

i know people that feel the same way but... me personally, ill never get it, if you're a true boxing fan and you like to play in a competitive manner, instead of button mashing, the analog is the best thing ever brought about, its so much more realistic. you use the sticks to bob/weave, move around the ring, throw punches, i used to be TIGHT with the combos using the stick, no one i ever played using buttons beat me, i feel its a disadvantage if someone is nice with the analogs.
    test
  6. Radium

Radium f k

what level were you on FNR3

I was 19

and used buttons

the only advantage of sticks is you can delay your punches causing you to feint reactions (openings) from your opponent

i probably would have dusted you w/ buttons still and all. and I never useds customs nigga James Toney, Marvin Hagler, Hatton

the only level 19 player to not use Jermain Taylor, Ali, De La Hoya, Roy Jones Jr
    test
  7. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Ready to Rumble was fun as hell.....but fight night and knockout kings are way better....

this game looks

well

fucking terrible...lmao

shit animates like a ps1 game...gross.....but anything with don kings name on should give off the red lights anyway.....

gonna wait till fight night 4 drops...that shit is gonna be sickening
    test
  8. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

...using buttons doesnt let you throw harder punches....you have to hit more to do the same damage
    test
  9. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

me and you will meet in this next fight night haha should be good then
    i didnt play the last one hardbody, did the different weightclasses single player and probably did about 5-6 matches online, the 2 before that though i was all over all day
    test
  10. Radium

Radium f k

word when the new fight night comes out we're going to set up a tournament in here so I can solidify my throne on you niggas.

and @ liquid 6

I never get hit with stun punches

Those punches are too slow and I see them coming and simply counter. Many of my KO's came from stoppages because people would depend on haymakers/stun punches to the point where I would cut them far sooner than usual

countering a stun punch >>> a stun punch
    test
  11. LiQuiD6

thats obvious...but if you counter with a stronger punch...it does way more damage then 5 regular button punches...and if you dodge and throw a haymaker its easier to land...most people just chuck haymakers cause they are idiots...good players will counter WITH a haymaker
    test
  12. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

parry, haymakers, and the inability to turn them off makes FNR3 an average game.. im glad they got a whole new team for FNR4 and it seems they're really gonna lean more towards the simulation end of boxing.. glancing blows, inside fighting, etc..

and DONT GET PRIZEFIGHTER... its GARBAGE.. no fighter styles at ALL.. joan guzman fighting like juan diaz and vice versa.. horrible animations, unresponsive, stats are all messed up(i dont think anybody on this team knew about any of the boxers they have in the game).. couple good things like getting up from knockdowns, CAB, you gotta be more aware with stamina, customization, and thats about it..
    test
  13. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

test
  14. Radium

Radium f k

nigga i'm level 19 what level were you?
    test
  15. LiQuiD6

i dont like playing the game online cause of the lag...so i dont bother
    test
  16. LiQuiD6

test
  17. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

if visual concept aint on board.. dont cop a 2k game.. lol...
    test
  18. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

the lag and button pushers...ruin the online.
    test
  19. gstain

gstain New Member

Yeah, the career mode is still a draw for me. And I don't know about complicated...once you get the moves down, it's a lot more fun than the average button-mashing-boxing-game...

The roster is pretty deep, too. I'm still down...
    test
  20. LiQuiD6

what completely kills the game is that fighters have no style.....thats what makes boxing what it is...style......reach doesnt have an impact on gameplay and theres no difference between picking a fighter who boxes verses a slugger....they all fight like sluggers........shitty game......
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.