read this - studio projects c1

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Milo, Oct 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MC Dystinkt

MC Dystinkt AAAAAAIGHT!

i dont think you are a dick at all everybody has their opinion that's cool man, i just think you're saying untrue things,from my point of view... so you are saying that if I record at my project studio with a delta 44/omni and a Rode NT2 (the mic for which a year ago said "Rode NT2 is a dope mic", and said that most underground producers use it, if I am not mistaken), and I am some ill emcee, the label is going to say "I'm sorry, you recorded at a project studio, and it doesn't sound professional, so you are not signed you piece of shit" and the other dude is going to sign because he recorded at a pro studio? ha-ha man. If the cat is better than me like you say, then cool he will get signed, no matter where he recorded... If I shine and they feel it mad, then like I said before, they will take care of me, I will start recording in their 'pro-studio' the next day. The main purpose of a demo track is for people to fucking hear the music. If I wanted commercial sounding shit I would hit the 'pro-studio' tomorrow... but there's no need for me to because I am not on that level... nobody is on that level until they get a record deal PERIOD............. If I recorded with some waaaack shit (e.g. a $10 computer microphone) then ofcourse peeps would care, cuz that just sounds really really bad... but this shit sounds very good man, its clear, no hiss, no distortion.... there is a reason those pieces of equipment were made.... if peeps were only supposed to record at a "PRO" level than only the thousands of dollars worth of shit would be made and the other mics / preamps etc. wouldn't be accessible..... so say what you want dog I got a mind of my own

ONE
    test
  2. Milo

Milo Guest

^^ you've got a point, yeah, of course.

yet still, you're not seing things in the big picture and giving quality enough credit. so what that you don't think it matters?

the rest of the world does. i'm not trying to shit on anything you're saying, that's just true.
    test
  3. MC Dystinkt

MC Dystinkt AAAAAAIGHT!

k dog, this is my last one on this topic cuz i said everything i had to say... last words on this; i DO care how my shit sounds, and I say it sounds good (eg. hope is dropped on the same setup), but I care more about my music than I probably ever will about getting an AKG or a Rode, or a 'wack' superlux... i'm not that type

I hope you succeed with what you do and just do what you do Aaight!?

one
    test
  4. Milo

Milo Guest

^^ that makes sense.
    test
  5. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

HELL YEA! SHOTTYFULLCLIP AND WERDHERTZ! haha
    well his latest shit is better quality (stuff we aint heard) cuz he now has a 3035
    his last albums (including the game gets deeper) were recorded with an sm58 and the quality is NOT very good, and the mixing is in desperate need of help and consistency
    test
  6. Luminous

Luminous Burbaby

Whats everyones beef with MXL? My MXL V67G sounds better than my Shure kSM-27.
    test
  7. Unsigned Hype

Unsigned Hype G-FORCE

which is why its good to try out different mics & use the one that best suits you... the average pro studio has a cabinet full of all kinds of diff mics ranging from shure sm58s to Neumans. they will sound check you on diff mic until they fimd one thast best suits you
    test
  8. Bionic

Bionic but ya'll call me Philthy

He says this like he knows.
    lol

Eh, maybe he does... I've never been in an ACTUAL PRO AUDIO STUDIO OMG ID JACK OFF.... I really have no interest in coughing up that much money... and that DOESNT mean I'm not serious about rapping, just means I'm not ready ;)
    test
  9. Unsigned Hype

Unsigned Hype G-FORCE

I wasnt trying to knock you by my statement, I was just trying to highlight the fact that if that mxl mic is good for him, then he should stay using it as thats the whole idea 'using a mic that is best for your voice, not the price of it'... I wasnt saying 'you should go to a pro studio'...please read what I wrote again, as I think youve misread it.
    test
  10. Syntax_Mastery

Syntax_Mastery Emcee/Producer/Engineer

like you said i said... if a cat is slightly iller than you... its gonna come down to the sound of the track overall... EVERYTHING counts... I never said EVERYONE is should ALWAYS record at a pro studio level... my point was... you don't realize that your outnumbered as far as competition goes... there are soooo many cats out there recording there demos at high class studios like Patchwerks, and etc... why? those places cut deals for people doing demos... the sheer amount of people recording (final cut) demos at this studio outnumbers project studio people trying to do the same thing...

regardless of how ill you are, the people who will be "investing money, and time into you" are looking for "THAT" particular sound... there are alot of people with "THAT" sound... why sell yourself short? If your gonna cut a demo, then you should record the final copy of it in a pro-studio... so you can maintain the integrity of your song, but obtain "THAT" sound...the one that every other joe blow has...

and yes... i STILL praise the NT2... i recently sold mine to upgrade to a better microphone... why? Because a personal goal of mine is to obtain "THAT" sound in the comfort of my own home.

Its great that your focusing on music, but your kickin yourself in the shin by strictly sticking to a project studio setup when your trying to cut a demo that will be played by pro-ears... you know? Record company A&R's dont have the consumer ear.
    test
  11. Syntax_Mastery

Practice, patience, love for sound....

and networking... visit some studios in your area, and chat with the engineers there if your REALLY interested... if they're not busy, they could give you some pointers...maybe even make you a apprentice.
    test
  12. MC Dystinkt

MC Dystinkt AAAAAAIGHT!

you really don't get it ... "THAT" kind of sound comes in for mad distributed albums........ I would really like to hear "THAT" kind of sound in your tracks.... so hook me up
    test
  13. Syntax_Mastery

you will...

let me complete my setup

im halfway through.
    test
  14. MC Dystinkt

MC Dystinkt AAAAAAIGHT!

ok I probably wont be able to peep it but send me the link to dystinkt@hotmail.com when you do

one
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.