Reach in here

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by KOzS, Aug 31, 2013.

1. KOzS

KOzS .Juster

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    King overload.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  2. Pyronoa Zoro

Pyronoa Zoro Demon Cutter

test
  3. KOzS

KOzS .Juster

[​IMG]
    Whoa
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  4. Pyronoa Zoro

Pyronoa Zoro Demon Cutter

I accept.

They fucked up by not keeping the wings.
    test
  5. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

test
  6. KOzS

KOzS .Juster

[​IMG]
    Cold.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  7. billy nomates.

billy nomates. rain cancels play.

you really did give me the wankest one.
    test
  8. KOzS

KOzS .Juster

Iight, I'll do mulligans.

[​IMG]
    Ultimate.
    test
  9. KOzS

KOzS .Juster

The star-gas one is really good, it just looks weak, but it's essentially the sun.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
    test
  10. billy nomates.

billy nomates. rain cancels play.

test
  11. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

I'm the Original Vault Dweller. I don't go nowhere without my Mightyena/Dogmeat.
    test
  12. Caesar

Caesar Natural Aristocracy

How old are you, Alice?

Honest question.
    test
  13. D_Y_O_Z

D_Y_O_Z .

cool
    test
  14. KOzS

KOzS .Juster

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Damn.

[​IMG]
    Just realized Pokemon also has a Ninetales, like Naruto.
    test
  15. AliceHouse

One of my favorite psychics and one of my most loathed plants. And it's mentally retarded. Now I know how Misty feels when handling a Psyduck.
    test
  16. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

theres more than 1 psyduck?
    i thought there was 1 of each. Never watched it so i didnt know.
    test
  17. D_Y_O_Z

D_Y_O_Z .

I like Naruto's fox.
    test
  18. D_Y_O_Z

D_Y_O_Z .

anything with big ass wings looks sick imo
    test
  19. AliceHouse

Only legendaries are there ever one of. And only canon to the show. Obviously in the video game world, there are many legendaries but only one chance to catch it per game.

The rest of them are as follows: The name and the look? All with the same name all look the same and have the same evolutionary path. So all psyducks look alike and evolve into golducks, all magikarps look alike and evolve into gyrados, all meowths look alike and evolve into persians. Etcetera. The difference is in their move sets and stats. The move sets are dictated by the player. Each pokemon has a natural set of moves they learn as they level up. It may also differ from their evolved form. It's not uncommon for a trainer to prevent their pokemon from evolving so that it may learn more powerful moves early on. They also have more moves they can learn from TMs and HMs. TMs are Technical Machines which teach a variety of moves a pokemon may or may not learn on it's own. These moves can be erased and written over as needed. But once you use a TM it is destroyed, so you'll have to buy a new one. In game terms, there might only ever be one of a specific TM, whereas with others you can buy them in a store all you want. An HM is a Hidden Machine. These are a set of moves that are necessary in the game world for the player to progress. The idea is to encourage a variety of different pokemon for the player to use, but also have a tendency to limit move sets. This is because, as it turns out, a pokemon may only know at one time a maximum of four moves. Which means much strategy must be placed in deciding who learns what.

Now the other difference is stats. You have IVs and you have EVs. Each pokemon has a different personality and it's personality dictates it's IVs. So one might be faster, one might have higher attack, one might have higher special defense. But with one point higher in a stat, so too is one point lower. This can be advantageous or detrimental depending on the pokemon and the combination. IVs are inherent and you can't change them. You can, however, continue to breed your pokemon until you get the combination you want. EVs are trickier, rather than being an inherent value, it's an effort value. Each pokemon has an effort value score. Often as low as one. Say for example you have a psyduck and you're fighting a rattata, right? The rattata has an effort value score of one speed. Your psyduck defeats the rattata, and then your psyduck earns one effort value of speed. Should you have sufficient effort values in a specific stat upon level up, that stat will grow higher on top of their natural inherent values.

Competitive battlers often learn the specifics very carefully and use them to their advantage. For example, a machamp naturally has low special defense, so a trainer would have it battle a pokemon that provides special defense effort values. Thus making the pokemon that much more better. This is often a min-maxing situation, and subsequently the pokemon you carry with you throughout the game, often are not fit for competitive battling.
    test
  20. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

crazy, i did not know it got that complicated. It came about after my generation.
    test