RD 4 Phoenix5891 vs SoLETERNiTY

Discussion in 'Beats/Producers' started by BoDi, Dec 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

phoenix had me in a fucking

zone.

been a minute since a beat took over my whole being hahah damn.

sols joint is fire..
    but i jus gotta for wit p.nix
    he edged you out by jus a little bit though

shit is maddd close damn

myvote=phoenix
    test
  2. Auditory

Auditory New Member

you both hot ass producers so whoever i vote for don't mean i think the other is better just my vote for the beat on this paticular battle. This without reading any other votes too..

Phoenix-Intro piano is real nice. the beat that actually drops is in a different style then i woulda thought from the piano intro....but thats hot, i like that. The synth is a nice melody. Beats pretty coo, got my head noddin and what not.

Sol-Drums on your is crackin. the snare rolls and everything. I REALLY like when everything pulls out of the beat. Begining of verse. that to me is hottest part of the beat. not so crazy about the low bass synth that drops in for second half of the verse. Infact i think it would almost be ill to just leave practically the whole beat that dropped out verse section. that shit is hot. anyways that violin stab thing makes this track to me. That and that snare roll.

Good ass battle. 2 hot beats. Phoenix's beat didn't really get me to put on my GOT DAMN face on like the way sol's did. Though i think phoenix's last round beat was prolly the hottest in the tourney. Anyways..

Vote-Sol
    test
  3. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

test
  4. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

I know people may say I'm dickridin', but that first beat, tho hot, doesn't appeal to me as an emcee. It sounds too dated, like 2001. The drum programming and the mixing take away from it. All the hyping up it requires in the vocal samples? I mean, i'm not feelin' that. It should be able to stand by itself. No intro, nobody shouting out famous rappers or what have you, no sampled nothing. I'm just not feeling that. The beat is hot, but it adds all kinda extras to it to make it hyped up. But whoever that kid is, I know he'll be dope down the line.

I like the layers sol brought with it. leaves room for the verses, distinct bars, great synth work on it, as usual. This is standard Soleternity type bonecrusher type horrorcore crunk shit. It's not easy to make Crunk sound interesting anymore since it's been played out since my COLLEGE days, and I graduated in '98! The panning, the attention to frequencies not clashing and phazing each other out, the quality of his kits: hands down.

Phoenix 7; Sol 9.
    test
  5. lil antman

lil antman Member

damn i wish my vote counted haha bro phoenix's beat if fuckin hot.......i dont understand how he lost this battle honestly.....his beat is overall just better to me......how is it out-dated.......i guess everyone has their own opinion but damn i think phoenix's shit is killin sol's.....dont get me wrong sol's is hot but im just feelin phoenix's.....haha just had to get my two cents in...good work to the both of yall

-ant
    test
  6. Auditory

Auditory New Member

the vocal samples are there so rappers have to pay him to take the vocal samples off, that way he can't get jacked
    test
  7. MAD SKREWS

MAD SKREWS Dear Mr.Toilet, Im Da Shi

^^^ some just don't know any better..
    test
  8. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

"i dont understand how he lost this battle honestly...." -ant

i dont get it either...that beat was sick, i didnt even think it was close...sol's beat was below average...sure it had more structure, more elements, or whatever...who gives a fuck if it all adds up to nothing special at best...but i guess thats music for you
    test
  9. BoDi

BoDi www.iambodirock.com

test
  10. BoDi

BoDi www.iambodirock.com

with this I'm gonna assume you're voting for Phoenix

SoulStreetBeats was in the tourney but got knocked out, which means he is no longer in the tourney anymore and he does not have 300 + votes. And even with his vote..SoL is still up.

With that said it is:

SoL 7
    Phoenix 4

VOTING ENDS TODAY WEDNESDAY, BUT Since this is the semi-final round I WILL NOT CLOSE THREADS AND ADD UP VOTES UNTIL 11:59 pm. TONIGHT. THAT IS FAIR SO YOU GUYS HAVE THE WHOLE DAY TO GET ANYMORE VOTES
    test
  11. Blackanese

Blackanese BlackaneseCantRap.com

phoenix's beat dropped crazy as a bitch....the piano was misleading...i thought it was gonna drop totally different....came sick as fuck....so how much is it for that one phoenix??? i wanna buy it....

vote - phoenix

i didnt like sols roll....i thought it was wierd....delayed a little even...
    test
  12. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

so does this mean the voting has already ended (at Wednesday Night at 11:59 PM), or that it has been extended another day and will end Thursday Night at 11:59 PM?
    test
  13. Auditory

Auditory New Member

just cuz people are listening to the same song/beat doesn't mean there hearing the same song/beat. Each persons brain interprets shit different
    test
  14. Phoenix5891

Phoenix5891 T.S.K.

Where are you getting 7-4?

Official

Xabition-Sol

Soul Boy-Phoenix

Veral Conflict-Sol

Madd Skews-Sol

Nova-Sol

Embassy Sweetz-Phoenix

Money Green-Phoenix

DjayCasper-Phoenix

Auditory-Sol

NisLaniF-Sol

Blackanese-Phoenix

Unofficial

Soul Streets Beats-Phoenix (His vote should count)

Sam Sneed-Phoenix

Track Wrecka-Phoenix

lil antman-Phoenix
    test
  15. Reign

Reign Let it...

Vote - Phoenix

Just felt his more overall synth work is crazy...

In my opinion both beats were hot BUT... sol's sounded like he was using phoenix's style really...

so again Vote - Phoenix
    test
  16. HookzBeats

HookzBeats SteelTracks Productions..

i'm loving both beats. very hard to decide. i'll go with the one i'd rip the most. that'd be phoenix's shit.

vote = phoeonix
    test
  17. BoDi

BoDi www.iambodirock.com

Okay Phoenix, I'm about to make this real fair. Sol has 6 legit VOTES. You have 5 legit VOTES. I am going to count Soul Streets Beats VOTE.

IT IS TIED 6-6

I have to think of some way to break this tie.
    test
  18. BoDi

BoDi www.iambodirock.com

and yes SoL voting ENDED WED @ 11:59 so no more votes will count. I'M THINKING ABOUT BRINGING A MOD FROM ANOTHER FORUM WHO DOES NOT KNOW EITHER ONE OF YOU AND LETTING THEM VOTE!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.