RD. 4 Drew Iza Vs. Katastrofik!

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by The Big Deal, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TraGiC

TraGiC Recognize Real

Bully just vote,,,stop making friends...

wow
    test
  2. TraGiC

TraGiC Recognize Real

jesus Iza,,,you write like a pissed off 12 year old...and u look like Craig Mack...nice combo

wow
    test
  3. DZK

DZK DZKonline.net

good shit from both
    thought Kata edged this
    test
  4. A-Biggs

A-Biggs The Main Event

Another dope battle that could go either way, I rather enjoyed katastrofiks a little more. These are 2 dope emcees though who I've enjoyed listening to throughout the tournament. Hope to see a tie
    test
  5. Phusion

Phusion WoW This Name is Old

Tragic just vote... stop being a hating little fag...
    test
  6. ~Matty P~

~Matty P~ Whats Good Son?

Drew Iza - Yo said 9-11 was katastrofik...thats the truth...so fuck u and ya bathroom reverb haha..okok..battle card went up i bet wish he neva drew iza..flow is dope, beats hot, overall tight battle verse i liked it alot

Kat - your like a mac truck wit no tires, nobody will back em up..okok..you no the outcome..haha thats tight..if drew iza a true playa, then why he always ridin the bench..youll get shot from the barrel like diddy kong

yo...this might be my favorite battle of the tournament..hands down. both were tight man..iont even know..both deserve next round...since i have to vote for 1..ima vote for drew, enjoyed his verse a lil bit more..good shit boys i wish i could hear u both next round
    test
  7. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

test
  8. Phusion

jayoo you ripped the fuck outta that my nigga. mad swag on that one my dude.
    test
  9. enef

enef voting against DZK in every round.

felt kata took this. good battle.
    test
  10. Dizeazed

Dizeazed -Stay crazy!-

*writing as I listen*

Drew Iza: Sexcellent beat choice, flow is proper, energy and presentation is legit. So far, in this tourney, I have vibed with everything I've peeped from you. Your swag on this is so dope, I can't help but nod my head wile you're spittin'. Punches/content is good. Nothing to complain about with this post. I really enjoyed this drop, nice work.

Katastrofik!: Decent beat choice, flow is ok, energy is crazy: You sound madd hungry to win. Your quality is a little hard on the ears, and some of your backing vox overpowered your main vox a bit. I'm not sure if I really vibe with hooks in battles, but it didn't distract me much, I'm just thinking out loud. Second beat is definitely more proper, and you sound madd raw in your approach on this instrumental... Oh, wait, you switched the beat again... To something soft. :-( Damn, I wish you woulda finished on that second beat. You had some good material, boss, nice drop.

Overall: This match seemed pretty balanced when it came to punches/material. I mean, both of you guys had punches that hit me with equal emphasis, so I gotta base my vote on other aspects. Both kids put in work, but when it comes to the presentation and entertainment factor, Drew won me over. So, I gotta give my vote to Drew Iza. Dude came off a bit more polished and held more of my attention throughout his track. Good show to both, and good luck to whoever advances.
    test
  11. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Very close ish. tough one to call. pz
    test
  12. CheddaCheese

CheddaCheese The Cheese

lol battle of the bad quality.

Drew Iza - Had some dope concepts and personal lines. Mic presence and delivery is fine.
    Cool style, your voice works nicely for the battle style. Flow was on point mostly but some of the lines could be put together more smoothly. Solid verse.

Katastrofik - Quality is even worse than Drew's. Flow, delivery and mic presence is all sounding pretty good. Rhymeschemes and punchlines were put together nicely. Good verse as well.

Overall this was a very hard one to vote on, but I have to give it to Katastrofik. Pretty much even in every category, but I felt that Katastrofik's verse hit a bit harder when everything was said and done. Big props to both for making this a dope battle
    test
  13. Phusion

I've never known taiyamo denku to not drop feedback.
    test
  14. I wArFaRe I

I wArFaRe I Love 2 Hate

i didnt say anything when i voted but i guess ill throw it in now.. thought drew def won this..more entertaining verse, and just like every round..seems kata just tries to throw punch after punch after punch that most can be aimed at anyone..not saying you arent nice, cuz energy and flow are def there, i just cant listen to 4+ mins every round, especially if you cant hold my attention
    test
  15. D Boone

D Boone Well-Known Member

Drew Iza - Your rap voice is sick as hell homes.....can I ghostwrite a track for u? That final heathcliff line was the only line I was really feelin....u sound hott on the track, I was waitin for some dope shit to happen, but it just didnt IMO

Kas - ur production is wack, mad underground feel to it......but ur lyrics are dope.....Flintstones line, tennis balls, iza to was a....damn switchin it up 3 times

vote-Kas
    test
  16. Phusion

Kata... Why am I getting messages saying that you aiming?

lol you know what fuck it, I dont have the energy for this shit... ima just say that if its true thats pretty gay nigga.

and ima leave it at that.
    test
  17. Punches

Punches a.k.a UH OH

gottddamn this one was definitely ill...iza has one of the dopest deliveries on here...and kata always has the lines....i gotta give one more listen tonight....good shit though
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.