Rd. 2 TooFly vs Jack McCrack

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Plekz, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TooFly

TooFly New Member

You're right the video does reduce the quality, so I'd encourage people to listen to the soundclick mix before making their decision.

Thanks for the feed regarding the mixing. I recorded this at 1am UK time on the deadline day, there were people sleeping in the house so i didn't get to put my all into it. That said, with better mixing you're right, this would of been less obvious. I did overlay some punches, but i think i mixed them way too low.

Thanks for the feed.
    test
  2. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Toofly got this easy in my honest opinion.
    test
  3. Jack McCrack

Jack McCrack Somethin I gotta deal wit

Wow Tooflys catchin up! Last time i checked this it was 8-4 now its nearly tied.
    anybody else want to explain their vote?

bumper cars
    test
  4. ~Matty P~

~Matty P~ Whats Good Son?

not a bad battle at all...i thought both emcees came nice...toofly gets my vote for more punchlines in my opinion...good shit fellas
    test
  5. BlackJesus

BlackJesus ***************

Jack McCrack

Dude it took me like a full minute to find your Link. A word of advice in the event you move on to the third round....stop posting your lyrics. We can hear you. Anyway....to the song...."Mario Paint" line was funny....there has been a lot of obscure video game lines this round. This track was a little up and down for me...you had some decent lines...mixed in with some really generic stuff. All and all I've heard worse...decent lines with good energy...lets see what Too Fly is bringing shall we?

Too Fly

Same as I said to Jack about the Lyrics goes to you too. Who is Junior? Why is he calling me his boy? Why are we so quiet on a battle track? I've never understood this. People who go all laid back when they are dissing someone just sounds odd to me. Dude....you are borderline whispering on this. Also I gotta agree with Noodles here...if your mixing game is not on point...you might wanna re-think posting a Video that lowers the quality even more. I will say this though...I liked your attitude on this...all cocky and shit...but man if you were just a little more amped on this I could get into it.

Vote = Jack McCrack

This shit is as close as the votes are showing. I mulled this over in my head a little while before placing my vote...it just came down to who I enjoyed listening to more. With all else being about even with each other...that was my deciding factor.
    test
  6. Katastrofik

Katastrofik THE SOUND OF L.I

this is a good battle here!
    test
  7. TooFly

TooFly New Member

Thanks for the votes and feed guys.

Always appreciated, i'm just at work, so will hit you back when i get a minute.
    test
  8. Adam West

Adam West wat?

man i dunno

too fly had better content

crack had better presence.........vocals were mad low

...............dunno

check the link for my vote.
    test
  9. Taiyamo Denku

Taiyamo Denku W.A.S.T.E.L.A.N.D.S.

Jack - You style I don't like Like I wouldn't listen to it cause you delivery seems pretty weak to me , but ou did have lines in this wrd up and flow was on point just not feelng your delivery though you flowed some of the lines nice over thebeat where they impacted pretty nice

Toofly - Some of your lines were not creative and madd corney but your delvery and style was kinda dope to me Like your the emcee I would rather hear But you didn't have many lines that hit him hard at all

Vote - Jack

drop a honest vote on my battle please

http://board.rapmusic.com/grb-08-gr...134553-rd-2-harlemheat7-vs-taiyamo-denku.html
    test
  10. I wArFaRe I

I wArFaRe I Love 2 Hate

long replies arent really my thing..def think this is a slept on battle..jack, you had a ton of energy and some good lines, swat fly line was nice, really feeling your verse..toofly..idk what but im really digging this, energy is the only thing thats not crazy on this..whiskey line was ill..i can see why this battles so close, it really is a toss up but in the end i just gotta go with Toofly, thought overall he was more polished and each of you guys had some good lines
    test
  11. medevil

medevil i dont "rap"

Jack-holy shit that started out of nowhere lol,flow needs work..i like the lil chime on the beat,stayin on him tho nothin is comin off real offensive....over cool battle

Too Fly-ehhhhhh dam dog this delivery isnt right for a battle,sounds like a song more than anything,

Pretty simple,Jack actually came at Fly and sounded like he wanted to win...work on your delivery Fly

Vote-JACK
    test
  12. Pace Beats

Pace Beats Doesn't Feed The Trolls

vote- jack still think he needs work but i felt his more then too fly , too fly you need to come with some lines that arnt as simple
    test
  13. TraGiC

TraGiC Recognize Real

Jack Destroyed TooFly in basically every area...

TooFly had a difficult time staying on beat...

wow
    test
  14. TooFly

TooFly New Member

^ Word. Been listening to your stuff for inspiration on how not to flow on beat.

For all the guys who posted useful feedback. Always appreciated.
    test
  15. TraGiC

TraGiC Recognize Real

like your nonsense feedback was any better pal

wow
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.