Rd. 2 Poeticks vs Messiah

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Plekz, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Messiah

Messiah Guest

test
  2. akadeezy

akadeezy a.k.a. akademical

messiah - idk if its the video-quality or what, but some of the lines are tough to make out. flow is on beat, but none of the punches are hitting too hard. shit was okay your style is sorta old school. not great but not horrible.

poetiks - title: "messiah diss not mixed" they give us like a year to do this fuckin round come on dog lmfao. good beat. punches were so-so, nothign real quotable.

vote - poetiks. barely. only cuz he had some punches directed at messiah and it seemed like more of a battle verse than messias. honestly diappointed in both. yall coulda came sicker with name flips, anything!?!?! whoever advances realize shit is gonna be tougher as the tourney goes on,
    test
  3. Messiah

Messiah Guest

test
  4. DRUG.

DRUG. Registered Felon

messiah had lines, video was funny too, just need to work on that flow and delivery my boy

poeticks quality was bad, need work on your flow too, wasnt really all for the piano beat.......

really close battle, both need work.....couldnt really understand alot of poeticks words cuz of the quality ...ima go with messiah

good stuff champs
    test
  5. Katastrofik

Katastrofik THE SOUND OF L.I

Damn.. Sorry Guys.. I'll Try And Vote Tonight..

Still Can't Come To A Decision..
    test
  6. Poeticks

Poeticks MY TIME HAS COME

Wish I could hear what yall hear(i'd know what to try and fix)....I played this shyt for four people and they said I shouldve mixed it but they could make out what I was saying.

Anyway lyrics added for those not able to make it out
    test
  7. BULLY

BULLY LOL

lmao at my nigga poeticks counting bars at the end of the lyrics

man how the hell you been in so many battles and still aint up your quality yet. Anyway, whats this beat with the NY state of mind sample. pretty dope.
    I always thought you were dope, and i predicted u to win this round. Poeticks, is a good lyricist, but presentation hurts. The standout lines are the rap like kool moe dee, and the messiah complex line. I always pay attention to your battles cause niggas sleep becuase of the quality and i dont think you really went in on this one like i have heard u do in past tournaments, but it was straight.

Messiah, That sequence getting at the quality true. As seen on TV shit was a trip lol. Why's my voice in your thoughts. Messiah i think was entertaining with his content, big improvement from round 1. U worked it out with your flow on this one too. I thought messiah was more entertaining hands down. Video is hilarious.

Poeticks, i think if you woulda put in more effort with this audio you woulda won. Kinda like bugzarelli vs messiah. You obviously more acclimated as an MC, but niggas just not doing what they need to do and messiah is sneaking em and improving.
    test
  8. Priceless

Priceless Like I'm doin it for TV

messiah came better overall i think. poeticks is def. the more polished emcee flow/cadence wise but after playing each verse thru once none of his lines stuck out. messiah at least had some lines that kept me paying attention. messiah's an AEH head tho, that's apparent from a bunch of his lines n i think that's why i could relate better to it. poeticks had a dope beat n his flow was nice but lyrically he really aint come up with nothin. the mix was bad but i heard all the lines clearly that wasnt an issue.

messiah i actually minimized the video as not to watch it, i dont want a video to sway my vote but i still got to give it to u here.

hated that beat tho.

hated it.
    test
  9. Messiah

Messiah Guest

appreciate the comments

i'm still workin on what i need to do
    test
  10. Craig Ehlo

Craig Ehlo Mark Price's Saviour

messiah the only dude to survive an "expose the pussy like britney" line so far.

good shit.
    test
  11. Messiah

Messiah Guest

test
  12. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

i didnt like either verse.
    test
  13. BlackJesus

BlackJesus ***************

I dont know whats up with my shit tonight...

I keep typing up all these explained votes and shit and my internet times out and I lose everything...

Anyway...sorry guys...I dont feel like typing all that shit again...

Vote = Messiah

Kind of a lesser of 2 evils thing going on here...I wasn't blown away by either...but Poeticks quality was just hard to listen too. GL to who ever movies on....looks like it will be close.
    test
  14. Dunce

Dunce Arkon

Messiah's style is so ill. Real throwback I love it.

Send me a song if you got one.
    test
  15. As Seen On Tv

As Seen On Tv New Member

test
  16. Blood Fire

Blood Fire REAL JAMAICAN 'AT STEPPA

vote - Messiah
    test
  17. As Seen On Tv

As Seen On Tv New Member

vote-poeticks