Rd. 2 BULLY vs XDuke72

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Plekz, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plekz

Plekz Guest

[​IMG]

- $1000.00 prize money will be donated by NDesigns Screen Printing
    - $1000.00 additional prize money will be divided up into the final round.

GRB - Grand Royal Audio Battle 2008 Rules - First Round

- 2nd Round Audios are DUE Thursday Night Jan 8th at 11.59 pm cst.
    - Theme: up to 2-3+ Minutes must be about your opponent(s)
    - You must mention their BOARD name(s). Must be atleast 2 minutes.
    - If audio is not two minutes, you must contest it if you want a DQ.
    - One mp3 File Must Be posted Thursday Night Jan 8th at 11.59 pm cst.- We will not store any audio files.
    - YOU MUST post using your board name that is registered to the match. Others will be DQ'ed.
    - Voting links will be posted and votes will be shown.
    - No Comments allowed on battle post until voting links are posted.
    - Can post videos

DO NOT CHECK IN, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO NOT CHECK IN
    test
  2. BULLY

BULLY LOL

test
  3. XDuke72

XDuke72 New Member

test
  4. enef

enef voting against DZK in every round.

test
  5. medevil

medevil i dont "rap"

okay ive heard both several times and i have to say that Duke that ws the weirdest grb verse i have ever heard.....you storytold for 3 min dropped the beat then spit for two min without a beat...

gasms...monkey / dunkin sequence had me goin...not a big fan of the videos tho....people tend to laugh at the vids and vote on that...this is an mc battle not a photoshop editing contest ...love that beat and the brother man reference

Duke your skilled,had you just come at him with punches this would have been closer...but that was just too over the top for me...the storytelling it self was hot tho

VOTE - bully
    test
  6. Pace Beats

Pace Beats Doesn't Feed The Trolls

if the topic was to write about a bully at school you woulda won duke

but since that vote wargasm
    test
  7. Adam West

Adam West wat?

bully didnt come as hard as he did last round. was expecting a total dismantling. taking it to the pay window, nah mean? you got the count out on this one tho. next time i want to see you giving fools the vader bomb from the top of the barbwire, exploding bomb, steel cage.

duke.....you straight. voice is nice. scheme is straight.....rapper/my reflection niiice....accapella verse is niiiice......john madden line nice......

vote:--------

duke youre dope acapella....rip over a beat nicer and you will be a beast

im a strong believer in "to be the man, you have to beat the man"

but you didnt beat 'the man'

sorry.

v/bully.

now that that shit to the pay window
    test
  8. XDuke72

XDuke72 New Member

thanks for voting. whether you voted for me or against me. about the school bully topic coment. can't help the fact that i can actually write... SONGS.. lol.. it's all gravy though. i'm tired of the same ol battle topics "he ugly, he wack, his girl, i shoot, i stab, blah blah" i got nothing to lose by taking a chance and doing something different. Showing my creativity. If i win, i win, if i lose i lose. i was already a monkey in the last battle. i'm one in this one, i'll be one in the next. lol.. gorilla..animal..donkey kong... same shit.. heard it all before...lol.. i'm 6' 250lbs of straight monster.. i'm used to it!
    not taking anything away from you bully.. do what you do son. u already know.
    test
  9. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Duke that was a dope as song. didnt really diss Bully much in it. if this was about who makes the better song then you woulda had a great audio.
    test
  10. medevil

medevil i dont "rap"

Its a battle tho son lol

i mean seriously

no offense but its a battle
    test
  11. HaRLeMHeaT7

HaRLeMHeaT7 New Member

bully - nice round u did what u had to do......kept going in on him......

xduke - hey man verse was good i like the story telling it was very creative......too me it seemed forever for ur verse to end......ima big fan of storytelling and theres things that u mentioned that are def true but u have to adjust to shit in this tourney.....im doing the same shit myself....adjustin to this tourney.....stick to the script

vote: bully
    test
  12. BULLY

BULLY LOL

I feel that. I look foward to hearing your audio.

GRB is in no way a gauge for who is the best rapper, but there is a certain way you have to approach a battle to win, I learned that myself through my limited experience battling on here. I also like to step outside the box, and i was actually thinking about comming at you with some storytelling shit over slick rick childrens story beat at first lol. But i was like fuckit, imma stick to what I know will go over.

When i saw you, i thought bruh man and king kong lmao. So i ran with it. But you a cool nigga though so im glad both my opponents have been dudes who dont take the jokes to heart..
    test
  13. XDuke72

XDuke72 New Member

big grin on my face..it's def nothing personal.. some of my best alies are people i've battled in the past.. no doubt.. i like to laugh my ass off and laugh at myself and if you can make me laugh at myself that's even better.. holla barack! yeah. I hate being a conformist! i hate intro 8 16 8 16 8 16 8 outro. I don't like to do the "NORM" but i've always noticed that what i do may not catch on now, but somewhere down the line someone will do what i've done and make it the next trend and i be sitting back like.. been there. done that.. that speed up sample voice and beat kanye does.. man.. i did that back in like 96 and got laughed at like i had alvin and the chipmunks on the chorus! lmaooo! Kanye does it and now it's hot.. i dunno.. i fight with myself to do the norm or do what i love to do which is show my creativity. i guess this online underground shit is really similiar to the mainstream shit when it comes to comforming. shrugs shoulders..aiight holla
    test
  14. BULLY

BULLY LOL

This shit is hot as hell man. Really is a good joint

Storytelling was on point, delivery was perfect. U definitely one of the best rappers in this shit. Much props. The acapella parts sound like some dope street battle shit. Much respect on this homie and thanks for sending the file.

You know what to do next time around stay on the straight foward battle shit and i think you a problem for anyone. You definitely got delivery and lyrics.
    test
  15. XDuke72

XDuke72 New Member

thanks.. i meant to tell you ya shit was off da heezy ez! i was so busy responding to everyone else.. thanks homie.. like i said.. past battles have made me alies with a lot of people and you know we all tryna get to that sweet spot.. so it ain't nothing to link up.. thanks again.. holla back.. stay up. we gotta link up on myspace. fa sho.
    test
  16. Janitor

Janitor Guest

I exchanged Mr Hot 16 name for The Big Deal. - HIS VOTE WILL COUNT
    test
  17. D Boone

D Boone Well-Known Member

Duke - Had some dope lines, Brian/stewie line, Al Bundy....I think this woulda been closer with a dope beat behind it. Maybe this type ish is the future, who knows, but it went over like Marty Mcflys guitar solo at the end of Back to the future, cats aint ready for it yet. Also, u started crackin up at lines before u finished them a couple times.

Wargasms - I still hope u get hit by lightning for poppin all that shit. But this joint was flames!!! ...Yoga fire....Mayweather father line killed it. U definetly had an advantage with the video, had me dyin with braman, smashed the last line "now braman better know to keep his ass up on the 5th floor".

Vote - War
    test
  18. /Da MaIn AvEnT\

/Da MaIn AvEnT\ Active Member

duke said

"just might make you a mod on GBR..." lol
    test
  19. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

dunno what people sayin bout storytellin on beat and 2 mins offbeat?? its all acapella right now for me, hes within his time tho so.. i was feelin it tho, some lines ehh but the delivery an shit, you got a ill fuckin voice and shit man, some thems was hittin hard

bully got that shit to.. this was a good matched battle, both raw, woulda rather seen ya'll both advance to be real... its ashame we gonna still have wack niggas but one of ya'll gotta go home after this..

gotta say bully, line for line his shit was hard, both delivered ya shit like a motherfucker, was feelin this 1

i dont think its as bad as votes show.. shit is close as fuck to me

and this is me talkin with no reason to lie, im already out so i can give a fuck bout a vote, and all this kissy shit goin on to stay on peoples good side, this is respect to ya'll, real shit
    test
  20. Adam West

Adam West wat?

wai twatt?????????????A////??
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.