Rd. 2 BONZ vs DRUG

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Plekz, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BULLY

BULLY LOL

bonz - gateway drug line dope, rap career virus and hardware crash, i never laughed that much shit was funny. Aint real drugs like placebo's. Run shit like nino. Good verse lyrically and i like the style, quality on the beat was ass lol.

Drug. Track much more polished sounding, oil stains on em, he aint got a job. Worse than the hulk hogan alias. Bonz infflamed, AVI exposed line please dont do that lol. I just gotta chime in to say, that was a line that stood out in kabz verse last round, but to come and use a similar line after hearing that is cringeworthy to me. lol... damn 3rd beat. Investing in Bonz the economy bad. Your style hard on this beat....u shoulda just used this one imo..

I think Bonz had the more clever lines, and used his time better, Alot of non hitting lines in drug's audio i felt wasted time but drug had better presentation and was good.. Overall i think bonz barely edged it out.
    test
  2. Katastrofik

Katastrofik THE SOUND OF L.I

DRUG - Good Battle Beat. lol @ his House In The Alleyway, lol @ trashman Suite, lol @ skrybe, damn @ nameflip line, lol @ danny phantom, anerexic kids, bonz need calcium, Flow Was Nice Son, Your Delivery Was Tight Too. Good Drop.

BONZ - This Beat Is Hard. Ha @ drug in a bag, lol @ this niggas stashed, lol @ virus, Gateway Drug, Swag Jackson, Mack Truck, Laugh line, some his ass up, oh no @ feed, smh, school zone, amy winehouse, black card, oustide/bouncers, flow was nice delivery was on point. good shit.

Punches - TIE
    Personals - TIE
    Flow - BONZ
    Delivery - DRUG
    Instrumental - TIE

DRUG's Audio Was Enjoyable To Listen To, He ad Some Nice Punchlines, And A Few Good Personals In There, His Flow Was Real Good, Had Some Nice Swag To t, And His Delivery Was Nasty Battle Wise. He Slurred A Few Times, But He Picked Himself Up. The Nameflip Line Hit Hard in my opinion, Cause BONZ Had Alot Of Nameflips.

BONZ Had An Ill Flow, Cause It Was Catchy. His Delivery Was On Point, Laid Back, He Had Some Good Punches And Personals, But Most Were Based Soley On Drugs, And Even When You Don't Know Shit About Your Opponent, You Gotta Do Ya Research And Find Shit Or Just Use Your Imagination And Originality.

I Break This Battle Down Like This Cause I'm Cool With Both Of You And This Battle Was Close As Fuck. Either One Can Win And Both Deserve It. This Is A Close Battle, No Doubt, But I'm Going To Vote For One Battler.

Vote - DRUG

Great Battle From Both Emcees And Good Luck!
    test
  3. DRUG.

DRUG. Registered Felon

test
  4. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

i smell like onions cause im around drugs 24/7 i was gonna do a nice breakdown of this battle but someone seems butthurt hes losin. please stop with the highpitched breaths. thats the only thing that really bothers me about ur audio. u sound good for a yonug person.

other dude u got simple lyrics but u deliver them nice and did a good job.
    test
  5. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

lol @ act drunk too i stopped drinking cause last time i did friday i chugged half a 26 lof rum apparently after drinking a bunch of that an jager. no rocollection and thats not even the worse i did. so if i type fucked up its cause i am.
    test
  6. DRUG.

DRUG. Registered Felon

onions? wtf are you talking about
    test
  7. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

if u didnt make the tags then i apoligize but it clearly says the k3 smells like onions and although im around a lot of ounces of drugs i dont tend to smell like those ones.
    test
  8. Priceless

Priceless Like I'm doin it for TV

drug- i really aint really start following til u switched to the apathy beat. lots of aeh disses some shit was funny. ur breath control is terrible dude lol, take some time n silence them gasps between bars. did u say bonz is skinny n cold like anorexicans? i must've heard that wrong cuz i'm lmfao @ anorexicans. damn- another beat switch. lol @ damon wayons. u should've kept the first n last beat off n just rocked the smackdown shit imo.

bonz- nice beat. i liked ur flow on this. i like the stance u took on the battle too, some of this shit had me leanin- his rap career disappear if he catch a virus n his harddrive crash thru the gateway drug shit was sick. the i aint laugh that much...i never laughed that much shit was hot.

gotta give it to bonz here. drug's verse was too long with too much filler, bonz was kinda short n to the point. both had dope disses but i liked the way bonz went at em. plus i can't believe drug aint get at the main image on bonz' sclick page where he got that andre3000 smile on.
    test
  9. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Drug you were the best over the last beat.
    test
  10. I wArFaRe I

I wArFaRe I Love 2 Hate

good battle fellas i gotta come back to this later
    test
  11. akadeezy

akadeezy a.k.a. akademical

listening.......

drug - feeling ya style man, flow is on point. hogan alias line cool. damn this is a long verse lol. bonz need calcium line is cool... a lotta filler. idk if its the quality or what but some lines are tough to understand. def sick flow/delivery bro, just shoulda/coulda came harder with the punches imo

bonz - switched up the flow for this one sounds cool man. hard drive crash setup was nice. gateway drug. mack truck line made me laugh a lil. drug free. some pretty good lines here.

shit was close. this battle shouldnt be gettin slept on, but my votes going to bonz, just quality over quantity. drug ya shit was nice just not as many hard hitting punches in the overall verse. good luck wit it
    test
  12. Jack McCrack

Jack McCrack Somethin I gotta deal wit

Drugs verse wasn't bad at all, got me noddin my head and i was feelin it to an extent. It dragged on a little bit and it could have used some more punches but for the most part i enjoyed it.

Bonzs verse was just LOL it kept me attentive throughout and had me laughin at certain parts. The no buzz line was dope i thought.

Overall I could go either way with this but I'ma go with Bonz for the overall harder verse.

Check my battle when you get the chance plz
    http://board.rapmusic.com/grb-08-gr...izes/1134539-rd-2-toofly-vs-jack-mccrack.html
    test
  13. Dizeazed

Dizeazed -Stay crazy!-

DRUG.: Wow @ three beat choices in a round 2 battle. Your energy is proper and flow is clean as fuk on the first beat, then it gets a bit choppier through the beat switches. Either way, you had some good punches and you came with a good amount of material.

BONZ: Damn boss, you got that bass loud enough? Lol. Shit was madd distorted in my speakers, so I had to stream your track with hella low volume. Anyways... You had a pretty decent flow, and your energy was on point. However, I wasn't really feeling your punches. You had a couple clever lines, but for the most part your punches were just... Soft. Nothing really stood out to me, but at least you put in effort, as compared to these cats who spit for 30 seconds then do a minute intro and a minute outro.

Overall: Drug gets my vote. Dude came off just a smudge more polished in every category, and he had more material/punches hit harder.
    test
  14. BlackJesus

BlackJesus ***************

Drug

Strange pick for a battle beat...the thrift store lines were funny. Classic beat on the switch...Trash man suit line cracked me up...Skribe if he was homeless...funny...third beat? okay. Goddamn you got a lot of time on your hands....long ass 2nd round verse. The breaths are...uuuuuuhhhhhhhpppp.....getting louder as the....uuuuuuhhhhhhpppp....song goes on. All and all a nice drop though man.

Bonz

I love this beat man...I gotta turn my shit down though...one thing I noticed man is your overdubs are odd as fuck. It sounds like you have a hypeman behind you saying the exact same thing your saying a split second off beat. You have a lot of name flips on here but other then that there wasn't a whole lot of substance. Dont get me wrong it was a good drop but I think Drug got the edge on this one.

VOTE = Drug

Its a shame...Ive heard some shitty dudes that are moving on to the third...this would have made sense as a third round battle. Good shit fellas.
    test
  15. Cobra Ky

Cobra Ky New Member

i dont know either of you......but i personally dont care for drug for that corny shit he did when i battled spoons before but i keep my vote an my opinion 100..so ya...

DRUG---good schemes....lol@BK stains....nice approach....u have a diff style kinda refreshing....Window shopper... beat switch was cool....trash man suit....ehh didnt like the flow so much on this one....LMFAO@JACK BAUER.....didnt like the beat drop....alot of RM refrences....break bonz like they paper....flow kinda gets choppy but not for too long....ur emotion is what i like...3rd beat...not investin in bonz HARD LINE....damn kinda went for the throat at the end huh

BONZ----FLOW start off kinda bland.....lol@gateway drug....the back up mack truck laugh much scheme was nice....drugs for how long an no buzz....placebos...didnt get the whole we only want drug free in the shcool zone shit though.....ehhh i dunno i feel like with a name like drugs you had a shit load of punches....or at least better put together ones

at the end drug get the vote his shit was more entertaining and flow was more enjoyable

VOTE DRUG
    test
  16. D Boone

D Boone Well-Known Member

Voting for Bonz.......OMG Drug lyrics suck LMFAO:

"..Clothes stain is some body builder"??

"... rockin a trashman suit with his name on it"??

"Bonz aint touchin Drug like a heroin addict"???

"....Tryin to be someone he aint like Superhead" Duh

"...Im gonna break Bonz like they paper"?? Duh

"...bitch Ur ugly whore look like she rode fire......"?

...couldnt follow trends if he got them John Dough glasses?? DUH

hahaha "I got this round in the bag like Im robbin a bank" OMG u fuckin suck man

Zero D got better lyrics than you
    test
  17. Noodles

Noodles The People's Champion

eh i gotta give my vote to drug...

it was a close battle... i dont think either of you came too well. drug man, no offense but your lines were really really bad. like really forced man.. not to say that there werent good ones, but your bonz nameflips were forced for the MOST part. and d boone i thought he was just hating but those lines are all bad and they in there.

bonz i appreciate you trying to be unique, but your just not polished enough to pull off that style you were aiming for. the makings are there, and practice makes perfect. i'd liek to see a unique style come out of this, but you were off beat a lot with that unique flow you were aiming for.

i gave it to drug because his flow/delivery were more comfortable.. bonz had nothing much and the shit drug had was not good. drug put a lot of effort in i just think your trying too hard man.
    test
  18. Cobra Ky

Cobra Ky New Member

i thought they both came pretty original
    test
  19. BONZ

BONZ New Member

test
  20. DRUG.

DRUG. Registered Felon

lol ight

up...