Rd. 1 Walt Dissme vs Jack McCrack

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Plekz, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plekz

Plekz Guest

[​IMG]

- $1000.00 prize money will be donated by NDesigns Screen Printing
    - $1000.00 additional prize money will be divided up into the final round.

GRB - Grand Royal Audio Battle 2008 Rules - First Round

- 1st Round Audios are DUE Monday Night December 15 at 11.59 pm cst.
    - Theme: up to 2-3+ Minutes must be about your opponent(s)
    - You must mention their BOARD name(s). Must be atleast 2 minutes.
    - If audio is not two minutes, you must contest it if you want a DQ.
    - One mp3 File Must Be posted Monday Night December 15 at 11.59 pm cst.- We will not store any audio files.
    - YOU MUST post using your board name that is registered to the match. Others will be DQ'ed.
    - Voting links will be posted and votes will be shown.
    - No Comments allowed on battle post until voting links are posted.
    - Can post videos

DO NOT CHECK IN, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO NOT CHECK IN
    test
  2. Jack McCrack

Jack McCrack Somethin I gotta deal wit

test
  3. Walt Dissme

Walt Dissme I am a Registered User

test
  4. Plekz

Plekz Guest

test
  5. Banksy

Banksy ...HipHop

Explained Earlier.
    test
  6. BULLY

BULLY LOL

Jack, the lyrics were good, delivery a bit shaky. But it was decent. wow jack dont rap over a jumpy loop instrumental with the hook on it next round lol, that took alot away from the flow of things imo.

Walt Dissme, intro is corny. The verse sounds like spoken word. Didnt take much flow. You got a dope natural voice and presence. Your lyrics are kinda hard to understand. I actually went back to make sure i heard everything and listening and paying attention, i kinda started feeling your cadence. It could be dope if you polish it up a bit. Its unorthodox and i did feel it was a bit disjointed, but it wasnt bad.

overall i give it to Jack
    test
  7. Zero-D

Zero-D Brilliance Unparalleled

Jack came pretty dope on this, Walt, man intro is wacked and your delivery is fucked kinda, but beat was coo. Nice try man, but Jack got this

VOTE-Jack McCrack
    test
  8. M-Gage

M-Gage Medicated Productions

Walt Dissme had some really good lines, but probably the 2nd goofiest delivery I've ever heard. I think his verse is actually well above average but I'm thinking the battle will go Jack because of Dissme's flow... Nobody is gonna have the patients to listen that hard.

Still, my vote is going to Dissme.
    test
  9. Harland

Harland New Member

explained earlier
    test
  10. Jack McCrack

Thanks for all the votes. I'll check your guys battles soon.
    test
  11. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

Yea I concur with the rest, if Dissme cleared his delivery then he could be quite original namean

Vote for McCrack tho

PEACE
    test
  12. Taiyamo Denku

Taiyamo Denku W.A.S.T.E.L.A.N.D.S.

Jack - I like the Jedi Mind Beat.... I like how you approached this , good disses on this.. Just don't know if I like your style or not.. some lines sounded forced and crammed together which threw the flow off , and putting this together could have been better just from how you rocked over the hook i mean just remember we are not doing live battles we have time to make tracks against one another... would just expect better production to go into it.. but yea overall good lines and disses just some didn';t stand out like they could of due to how they were delivered... But some hard disses and good attacking of his name...

Walt - Intro was boring only listened to it to get the full effect of your ish.. but that brought your ish down ... Cause it bored me be4 the verse even started... I agree how your ish was just spoken word but man I love the creativity in your lines.. Wooooooooooo reminds me of myself back in the day... I have grown into where I am now.. but yea I like that .. way more creativity in your lines.. But yea no flow really good delivery though. I hate the intro and outro though , but good wordplay and creativity in your lines

I don't know this battle is close to me. I mean Jack had the typical punches attacking the opponent but then Walk had the creative punches still attacked his opponent just in a deeper more creative way made you listen and think about what he is saying which I am a huge fan for , So I mean sorry Jack just by personal preference I am gonna have to go with Walt just liked his creativity in the battle apprecoah more good luck to both drop me a honest vote on my battle when you guys get a chance thanks

http://board.rapmusic.com/grb-08-gr...zes/1131506-rd-1-grawwr-vs-taiyamo-denku.html
    test
  13. Jack McCrack

Thanks denku for the in depth feedback. Good to know you really considered this, thanks for taking the time to listen.

damn

votes were reset AGAIN??
    test
  14. Jack McCrack

test
  15. medevil

medevil i dont "rap"

walt--hated the intro...beats odd but im feelin it...my kinda style..you delievery that jumpin jack line like you just woke up lmao ..what the fuck...no lines worth mentioning.ehhhhhhhhhh lol@ the outro "broken off a lil something something"

Jack-you sound like the whitest dude on the planet...a young wird of play...matt cassel line was bad lol ajkjlkjlskjalk funny tho...illg @ you spittin over a hook...delivery is better than walts..energy..

Vote- Jack
    test
  16. Jack McCrack

Good looks medevil

I just voted for myself to see if it would work. I hope there is no foul play in that. Walt cast a vote for yourself.
    test
  17. BlackJesus

BlackJesus ***************

Im going around voting on dudes Ive never heard before...looking forward to checkin you guys out...writing as I listen...

Jack McCrack

Classic beat...should have cut the hook out of it though...verse is nice and personal...Im gonna listen again....because nothing really jumped out at me the first time. Yea man...on the second listen I'm still not getting grabbed by anything. This was odd...because like I said earlier you kept it personal...but then again...nothing really made me go "ooooh damn he got at him" know what I mean? Im gonna guess an judge by the end of your song you though he wasnt showing...so maybe this isnt your 100%. Lets see how Walt did...

Walt Dissme

What the fuck is going on with this intro? I like your flow...just tighten it up man. Its like some Thursten Howell style...just too sloppy. Damn man if you just had a few solid lines in here you would be taking this easily. Just when I start to feel the flow I get put off my a missed rhyme of a line stretched too far. I dunno man...this is gonna be hard to judge.

Vote = Jack McCrack

This one killed me. I really wanted to vote for Walt here but I didnt. It just seems to me if Walt had just one quotable line that I could recall...it would have pushed him over the edge. Jacks shit was to me more of a battle verse. I hope to see more creativity in verses like what Walt brought to the table...because I was feeling his style. Its just the complete product was not there. Good battle guys.
    test
  18. TooFly

TooFly New Member

Jack's flow was much better than Dissme's, which is ultimately why he's leading the votes.

However i think Walt had much better lines. I sympathise with McCrack in that he probably didn't know much about Dissme to get personal, but i just felt too many of his punches were too generic and not very hard hitting.

I dunno, if Jack would of come with just a few stand out punches then he would of taken it. But nothing stood out, where as a few of Walt's lines actually grabbed me.

If i was voting on which track i liked most, Jack would of got it. But as it's a battle, i just felt Walt got at him a lot more....

So vote - Walt.

Keep at it tho both, you've both got potential.
    test
  19. Dizeazed

Dizeazed -Stay crazy!-

Jack McCrack: Beat choice was a bit too soft for my taste. You sound like you're putting in effort, but you don't sound hungry enough. Try to get that rawness behind your voice and knock back some heads with that in-your-face-mic presence. You know what I mean? After posting my track, I noticed that was one thing that I slacked on in my verse. Your punches didn't hit too hard, but your drop was pretty decent. And honestly, you gotta step it up some more if you wanna make it far in this tourney. No hate, just being real.

Walt Dissme: Very odd choice of beat. You've got a cool voice, but you didn't ride the beat well, at all. And when the rhythm of your flow clashes with the rhythm of the beat, people can't concentrate on your material and they miss all of your punches... Which is probably why you're getting slept on more then you should be. You can write the illest punchlines, but if you can't present them in a proper fashion, nobody is gonna catch any of your shit. You feel me? You definitely had some good lines.

In the end, neither cat impressed me. I'm gonna have to toss my vote to Jack McCrack though, for being more polished in more categories. The only thing Walt Dissme had over Jack was punchlines, which, unfortunately for Jack, is the most important part of a battle. However, when I broke down all the components that I look for in a good battle track/verse, Jack had everything else over Walt. So I guess it comes down to what you value more. Do you vote for a better overall track with less clever material, or more clever material that sounds worse overall? I really don't know, but in this instance I lean towards Jack. I do know, though, that whoever wins this round needs to kick their game up a couple notches for round 2.
    test
  20. Harland

Harland New Member

lol am i the only one who liked walt's intro?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.