Rd. 1 Shorty B vs BlackJesus

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Plekz, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plekz

Plekz Guest

[​IMG]

- $1000.00 prize money will be donated by NDesigns Screen Printing
    - $1000.00 additional prize money will be divided up into the final round.

GRB - Grand Royal Audio Battle 2008 Rules - First Round

- 1st Round Audios are DUE Monday Night December 15 at 11.59 pm cst.
    - Theme: up to 2-3+ Minutes must be about your opponent(s)
    - You must mention their BOARD name(s). Must be atleast 2 minutes.
    - If audio is not two minutes, you must contest it if you want a DQ.
    - One mp3 File Must Be posted Monday Night December 15 at 11.59 pm cst.- We will not store any audio files.
    - YOU MUST post using your board name that is registered to the match. Others will be DQ'ed.
    - Voting links will be posted and votes will be shown.
    - No Comments allowed on battle post until voting links are posted.
    - Can post videos

DO NOT CHECK IN, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO NOT CHECK IN
    test
  2. Shorty B

Shorty B Jeff's Son

test
  3. BlackJesus

BlackJesus ***************

test
  4. Plekz

Plekz Guest

test
  5. xRazziax

xRazziax ╭∩╮⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠╭∩╮ v2.0

shorty b had some ill lines, blackjesus's shit was real dope. hes even improved a lot since last year

vote blackjesus
    test
  6. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

Ayo my vote was for BJ Plekz...

Fix that up for me homie
    test
  7. Dizeazed

Dizeazed -Stay crazy!-

Shorty-B: Wow man, you've improved a lot since I last heard your material. You came a lot stronger then I had anticipated. Good beat, dope energy, soundin' hungry as fuk... but still got that annoying vocal tone. Lol, not trying to hate, just stating facts.

BlackJesus: Damn boss, just as proper as last year. Flow and mic presence are madd proper. Nothing much to critique.

This is one of the dopest and most entertaining battles I've heard this round. Both cats dropped ill tracks, both came with good material, both dudes impressed me. I'm-a have to sit on this vote for a bit while I breakdown the punches.
    test
  8. A-Biggs

A-Biggs The Main Event

shorty..haha at the intro...lines are cool, flow is cool, energy is there..overall tight battle yo

blackjesus..haha at the intro also..like some jerky boys shit haha..flows tight..lyrics are nice man, some cool punchlines....

overall edge to black jesus
    test
  9. enef

enef voting against DZK in every round.

blackjesus won

good stuff fellas
    test
  10. Adam West

Adam West wat?

shorty b:

beat is ill.....flow / delivery / voice are okay. rhyme scheme is straight. work on your presence.

blackjesus:

nice drop. wasnt the best ive heard from you, but you are far from bad. pretty polished. you know what you are doing. gl next round

v/blackjesus
    test
  11. Jack McCrack

Jack McCrack Somethin I gotta deal wit

test
  12. rapper7

rapper7 New Member

shorty: intros a bit too long but funny. good verse man. i like your style and voice a lot. hook line was dope.

blackjesus: fuckin NASTY beat. dope shit man. entire thing was hella sick. just overall a much more solid audio than shortys.

overall: another dope battle, but i think blackjesus got this just by bein much more solid all around. dope battle yall. v-bj

make sure to peep mine: http://board.rapmusic.com/grb-08-gr...h-prizes/1131504-rd-1-rapper7-vs-nox-mfp.html
    test
  13. Priceless

Priceless Like I'm doin it for TV

shortyb - prolly my vote for most improved. ur voice is still kinda high pitched but ur flow n presence is a shitload better homie. intro was funny.the obama black vote line was nice. sometimes ur vocals were kinda unclear, i kno how that shit goes man, the mixing wasn't that great but the verse was hot.

blackjesus - lmao @ the intro. lmao @ is this shorty b. roses... ok, intro's not the verse... stricken from the record.
    voice is sick as always. quality and presence are great. love the beat too. lines are nice... rocky dennis... nick hogan... u been here a decade i dunno shit about u... half an ear/retire...

blackjesus took it. shorty b got a whole lot better but bj is almost a lock for finals. bad luck on ur part for rd 1 pal.
    test
  14. Cobra Ky

Cobra Ky New Member

SHORTY--THAT INTRO WAS FUCKIN HILARIOUS!!!''not even obama could get this black votes''''marryin his son'''jesus is white trash'' shave your beard witha blade its clear your facial hair just looks gay and wierd''

i think shorty had alot of punches but his quality was off so that kinda took away from your verse but overall your shit was all at his neck

JESUS--your flow is mad smoothe an effortless..poished as fuck....i think you had random shit against him nothing that really stood out...the whole track was nice but i would of liked to see you with continious shit.....more punches than just a dope flow

i like both of your styles but i dunno shorty just sounds hungry as fuck like he wanted more
    test
  15. rage617

rage617 New Member

Dope verse shorty. Shit was real nice. Obama, version of cire, white trash, honkey spit awkward shit. Nice delivery, sick all around.

Black jesus, eyebrow school girl, cheekbone, nick hogan, soundin like a chick, OJ line, overall just a real polished verse.

Great battle.
    test
  16. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

blackjesus been a monster, will probably reach finals again

editing this, not tryin come across like a dick

bj always been ill to me, his battle style and way he put shit together takes it
    test
  17. A-Biggs

A-Biggs The Main Event

is that the type of dude you are shorty?...you get mad at peoples honest votes, so you retaliate by voting against me and not leaving a reason?..hahaha chump u got clowned by black
    test
  18. Shorty B

Shorty B Jeff's Son

im voting on every battle and i only leave a responce to a few...i dont even remember u but if i thought u lost i voted against u...calm down its an internet battle tourney dont cry about it
    test
  19. fiktion

fiktion *******

BJ - Hah@Intro.Flow is ill as fuck to me. Clean as hell. Anime school girl eyebrows.. Ha@decade.. ya act is Tragic/Catch phrase floored me for some reason.. Shorty/11 dollars from a rich dude..

Shorty - Battle of the hilarious intros ha. Not as clean.. but you got some raw lines in this. Obama/Black vote was nice. HAHA@White trash.

This is a tossup but I think it just came down to style for me, you both deserve Rd2 imo..

Wtf@all the no shows, theres some pretty dope first round matches that def coulda waited.
    test
  20. MagicFX

MagicFX Idle

I peepd this battle a couple of time already.. and it's alot closer than the votes show..

but in the end I too feel that BlackJesus edged it out.

I was impressed by both of you for sure.

GL in rd 2 to whoever gets there.

vote - Blackjesus
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.