Rd. 1 ProFane vs Katastrofik!

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Plekz, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plekz

Plekz Guest

[​IMG]

- $1000.00 prize money will be donated by NDesigns Screen Printing
    - $1000.00 additional prize money will be divided up into the final round.

GRB - Grand Royal Audio Battle 2008 Rules - First Round

- 1st Round Audios are DUE Monday Night December 15 at 11.59 pm cst.
    - Theme: up to 2-3+ Minutes must be about your opponent(s)
    - You must mention their BOARD name(s). Must be atleast 2 minutes.
    - If audio is not two minutes, you must contest it if you want a DQ.
    - One mp3 File Must Be posted Monday Night December 15 at 11.59 pm cst.- We will not store any audio files.
    - YOU MUST post using your board name that is registered to the match. Others will be DQ'ed.
    - Voting links will be posted and votes will be shown.
    - No Comments allowed on battle post until voting links are posted.
    - Can post videos

DO NOT CHECK IN, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO NOT CHECK IN
    test
  2. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

test
  3. Katastrofik

Katastrofik THE SOUND OF L.I

test
  4. Plekz

Plekz Guest

test
  5. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Nice drop mange. Gl to you to homie.
    test
  6. Katastrofik

Katastrofik THE SOUND OF L.I

Word No Doubt.. g/l To You Also..
    test
  7. /Da MaIn AvEnT\

/Da MaIn AvEnT\ Active Member

kata had some played lines but I like the cool edit one and

You'll Be The First n*** To Get Murdered From A Warning Shot

I think Kata had better punches, u both flow ok and production and delivery and all that was a tie
    test
  8. Harland

Harland New Member

profane... i'm not really feeling your very lazy style lol... flow is pretty on point, although it falls off at one point around the middle....

plus he frontin, the lamest dude
    giving Omen a run for his money and Omen isnt runnin

pretty funny line... but some of your lines didnt rhyme and it kinda threw your flow off as well... lets see..

kata.. u need to do somethin bout your quality lol, doesnt leave the best of first impressions but its all good. flow is on point, delivery has good energy. Although there was like 2 lines when u suddenly went rather loud and i wasnt really expectin that lol. Lyrics are alright, a few played lines, a few hot ones.

Your Predictable, Like Reruns
    And You Wouldn't Have Money In Your Account, If Jeff Gave You A Refund/

Nobody Sees You As A Wild Person
    0Your The Fake Version Of A Pro, Like A Cool Edit Trial Version

probably your best 2 bars.....

overall yeah both of ya'll came good, but i think kata was just more direct and aggressive with his track.

v- kat
    test
  9. medevil

medevil i dont "rap"

Kat-bad quality....good..simple lines...tho you delivered line after line...very basic punchline style..not sayin its a terrible thing..just pointing it out

Profane-awww the freakshow...love this beat!!!!dam you sound mad dead tho dog...barbie twin????is that some sort of subliminal line???idk ive heard you come better than this Pro

im gonna have to give this one to Kata..seemed like he put more into his verse..more energy

Vote-Kata
    test
  10. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

No doubt guys. thanks for the votes. they will be returned. Holla.
    test
  11. TooFly

TooFly New Member

I've been really on the fence about this one.

All the battles i've peeped so far have been dope and this is no exception.

Had to listen to both a few times.

Kata - Good line after good line and you just keep flowing. Quality is a bit sucky, but thats the only critique.

Profane - Flow is smooth for the most part. Liking the cocky style. A few of your lines are grabbing me more.

Both verses were impressive, both had witty punches. Pro probably had my fav individual lines but overall i think I have to give it to Kata for 3 minutes of consistent heat.

Pro you did come dope but against this opponent i just think you needed to match his effort in terms of output. Against someone weaker, you could of got away with the shorter verse.

Dope battle both.

Vote - Kata.
    test
  12. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Yeah i hear ya man. i keep getting cats in round 1 that will go deep in these things. thanks for the peep and feedback man. i'll be sure to hit up your battle fam.
    test
  13. GarciaVega

GarciaVega Razor Ramon

^^ll profane has the worst rd 1uck ive ever seen...

i think you had him n lines but that last barbie twin line threw me off like shit...

katas came hard at ya..

ethis was a dope battle i dont know why its not getting more peepage...mad closer then it is...

ima relisten a few times then vote
    test
  14. fiktion

fiktion *******

Gave this a few spins each and came back with Kata.

This was a pretty sick Rd1 though. Props to both.
    test
  15. BULLY

BULLY LOL

not gonna give in depth explanations cause im trying to vote as much as possible and its too many battles lol.

but profane had aiight to very good lines, the delivery was kinda shaky, but the standout lines made up for the deficiencies.

Katastrofik's lyrics i think were in the same league. Average to very good, his style and delivery put him over the edge though. His quality was the only bad point about his audio, but cant hold that against him. He got this.
    test
  16. Dizeazed

Dizeazed -Stay crazy!-

ProFane: Beat choice was so-so. Flow was decent, mic presence was decent, but energy lacked a bit. Oh damn and lmao @ "ridding catastrophic situations with a coat hanger". Not much to complain about this track, but nothing much to brag about either. Oh snap, track wasn't 2 mins? Ouch.

Katastrofik!: Good beat. Wow man, nonstop punches. By the middle of the track I was just sitting with my eyes wide open, thinking, "damn, kid gonna let up off it for a second to rest, or what?"... buuuuut you didn't. Haha. Quality is pretty low, but you made up for it with material.

As far as skill goes, this was a damn good match up. However, when it comes to punches, I think this battle was pretty one sided. Katastrofik! just wouldn't let up on dude. Good show from both.
    test
  17. rage617

rage617 New Member

Pretty good battle. The punches on both ends were rather played, not horribly, but a little bit ( coat hanger line was nice though) but the flow on kata's was just smoothe and the delivery kept me in the whole way through. Good job both!
    test
  18. I wArFaRe I

I wArFaRe I Love 2 Hate

profane, had some nice lines, short track but i gotta agree with everyone, the energy was a little lacking..flow and everything was good though, you seemed much improved since back in the day, dont know if you remember we battled on some other site that prob shut down after the 2nd round, but good showing nonetheless

kata had more energy and brought alot of lines throughout, sounds like you spittin in an empty room though..good shit though

i think its closer than the votes show but i can see why they swinging katas way based on a longer consistent track, good showing by both though
    test
  19. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Yeah i remember that. i still have my track to you on my soundclick. lol. thanks for the peepage homie.
    test
  20. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze New Member

profane - you kinda sound like the gatekeeper from gravediggaz. definition.. nice.. lmao at the omen line.. kama sutra.. coat hanger... ok... elton john ticket sale..

kata - gyahh.. the first line were cold.. lol capital F... ok... that's funny tho how u mention the grym reaper after i get this gatekeeper vibe from fane.. lol.. train station.. whoa at the punch in, not that smooth at transition, proves fane's point there.. predictable rerun.. cool edit trial? hehe eviction notice.. haha...

fane... a bit more effort, a longer verse.. u coulda had it... the d omen line had me goin.. but it was too short... it was a good battle cuz there were quotes from both for me... but the fact that fane fell short and kata kept goin hittin more for another minute... kata gets the w here with more quotables..

vote = kata

when you guys get a shot.. peep the battle!
    http://board.rapmusic.com/grb-08-gr...s/1131524-rd-1-keyser-soeze-vs-myke-sean.html
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.