Rd. 1 Priceless vs Stranger

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Plekz, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plekz

Plekz Guest

[​IMG]

- $1000.00 prize money will be donated by NDesigns Screen Printing
    - $1000.00 additional prize money will be divided up into the final round.

GRB - Grand Royal Audio Battle 2008 Rules - First Round

- 1st Round Audios are DUE Monday Night December 15 at 11.59 pm cst.
    - Theme: up to 2-3+ Minutes must be about your opponent(s)
    - You must mention their BOARD name(s). Must be atleast 2 minutes.
    - If audio is not two minutes, you must contest it if you want a DQ.
    - One mp3 File Must Be posted Monday Night December 15 at 11.59 pm cst.- We will not store any audio files.
    - YOU MUST post using your board name that is registered to the match. Others will be DQ'ed.
    - Voting links will be posted and votes will be shown.
    - No Comments allowed on battle post until voting links are posted.
    - Can post videos

DO NOT CHECK IN, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO NOT CHECK IN
    test
  2. Priceless

Priceless Like I'm doin it for TV

test
  3. Plekz

Plekz Guest

test
  4. Plekz

Plekz Guest

test
  5. /Da MaIn AvEnT\

/Da MaIn AvEnT\ Active Member

Stranger had nice lines but i think Price edged it a little bit because he was a lot more polished.
    test
  6. Noodles

Noodles The People's Champion

I think that priceless got this one pretty clearly. He was far more polished overall.. had a good flow, delivery, and some clever lines throughout.

stranger you really need to work on the delivery i'd say first and foremost...
    also - your lines were 90% nameflips... they just got old for me real quick... i mean from start to finish it was slash prices , black friday, worthless, 11 bucks for service, and MANY MANY more.
    keep it more versatile next time, stranger!

also, price if you ever give me a fucking serious migraine with some shit like ralph wiggum saying stranger danger over and over again i'm hunting you down and killing you. (really i'll just hate-vote you :) )
    test
  7. Stranger

Stranger New Member

yeah I underestimated price cause of his nimrod battle but he came pretty nice

good luck man
    test
  8. Nox mfp

Nox mfp New Member

feelin priceless on this for sure, flow better, quality was sick, real crisp.. lyrically sicker, i really didnt feel strangers verse too much at all.. just kinda dragged on...
    test
  9. enef

enef voting against DZK in every round.

up over no shows
    test
  10. Stranger

Stranger New Member

lyrically sicker? his lines aren't even about me... can we get some more real votes. i dont care if i lose i just dont like dick riders.
    test
  11. warbux

warbux Robber Dinero

stranger i can tell ur quality ain't that good but fuck, i can't hardly hear you, especially on the bone beat. if u still got ur files, turn your vocals up and re-upload your shit.
    test
  12. Jtwizzle

Jtwizzle Ballin

didnt really like either one of u . . but gaveit 2 priceless cus hes more polished . . .

Vote - Priceless

Stay Up
    -1-
    test
  13. Stranger

Stranger New Member

ok i turned my vocal levels up. hope thats better for u bux.
    test
  14. Priceless

Priceless Like I'm doin it for TV

no?
    test
  15. Dizeazed

Dizeazed -Stay crazy!-

Priceless: Pretty good beat, but it overpowered your vocals at times. Your backing vocals did the same, lower those a bit. I know it's round 1 and all that, but you didn't put in much effort into this: 1:30 worth of verse? Come on, boss, get hungry like you wanna win this shit. Your punches were generic, and nothing stood out to me, but you'd still smash 1/2 the cats in this tourney. If you make it to round two, up the effort.

Stranger: Decent beat, no intro, straight into the material: I like that. Your flow is a little choppy, but you had punches for days. Why did you make the beat transition take a full 30 seconds? Makes listeners lose interest, try to keep the material constant if you make it to next round.

I wasn't too stunned with either drop, but I lean towards Stranger. Priceless is definitely more polished on the mic, and he actually held more of my attention... but Stranger put in some work and had twice as much material. This battle could definitely swing either way.
    test
  16. enef

enef voting against DZK in every round.

both flows were choppy as hell, punches are about the same, so ima determine this SOLELY based off delivery and confidence, so i have to give it to priceless. Good battle fellas, either one make it to round 2, step ya flow game up a tad bit, and stranger if u make it to round 2, hit me with your verse and ill mix it and filter it better.
    test
  17. Phusion

Phusion WoW This Name is Old

Price was more polished, had some cool lines,

Stranger you started good, I thought you were gonna take it. But the name flips got redundant and your overall delivery started to drop off, especially on the bone beat.

If I had to vote on the first 30 seconds I would give it to Stranger, but Price took this in the long haul.

Good shit...

Vote - Lukey Dukey.
    test
  18. A-Biggs

A-Biggs The Main Event

peepin...pricelesss...u live in vermont how did hip hop find you...grew up in the woods wit twigs n the blair which ahha..cool lines yo..flows cool..not a bad battle yo

stranger..like nazi germany cuttin price for shock therapy..okok..price is goin down, like black friday, gettin trampled frantically haha..i like ya lines man i think you got a few more than price

tight battle yo mad close...i enjoyed stranger a lil more..good shit
    test
  19. Stranger

Stranger New Member

test
  20. warbux

warbux Robber Dinero

this shit is really even to me on about every level, so i'm giving it to stranger for having more.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.