Rd. 1 Past-one vs Poeticks

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Plekz, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dizeazed

Dizeazed -Stay crazy!-

Yes, it's definitely a factor. This is a battle, it's a show for the listeners. You spit for 42 seconds, then dropped a 22 second acapella. That's pretty much a 1 minute track, all together. If you don't show that you're puttin' in effort and wanna win, then why would I show you a vote? No hate, just being honest. You follow?
    test
  2. Poeticks

Poeticks MY TIME HAS COME

Dizeazed to me it wasn't really a close battle. Not saying Past didn't do his thing but as far as lines I thought I edged it....pretty easily to. It's all a matter of taste though I respect your right to an opinion as much as I respect Profanes and Jayoo's.

Its hard to check my ego sometimes forgive me....I think I'm doper than I get credit for even when I half ass it

upping for more votes?

Cant hear audios at work but when I get home I'll pick up on voting where I left off this morning
    test
  3. Dizeazed

Dizeazed -Stay crazy!-

Word, I feel where you're comin' from. Thanks for accepting my opinion and not getting all immature about it like some of these other cats. Much respect.
    test
  4. Past-one

Past-one ticking time bomb

not to be a dick but i clearly edged u with lines
    test
  5. SALVDOR

SALVDOR Delyreeuz Owns Me

i voted and im too tired to type.. but i'll up this for u
    test
  6. Past-one

test
  7. BULLY

BULLY LOL

past one, if you advance please mix your vocals a little louder or eq it to bring it out a bit more from the beat.

Style and energy is dope, lyrics are dope, the double kinda make it sound sloppy at times and there are a couple of bars that shoulda been shorter lol, but the the disses are very straight foward and direct. This is a good verse. Props on this

wow poeticks quality is terrible lol, but he has a much smoother style, and his lyrics are slightly better imo....on the second beat poeticks beasts, if his quality was better making the audio sound more listenable he would probably have one of the standout verses of the round.

I think its extremely close but as i said before i think the one thing that really held back poeticks verse is his quality, everything else was on point to me. Style, flow and lyrics.

I gotta go with poeticks and i hope this dude can up his quality if he advances lol.

good luck to both of you.
    test
  8. Past-one

so we are at a tie
    test
  9. Cobra Ky

Cobra Ky New Member

i personally voted on who was easier to listen to.....poetiks was.....u guys were neck an neck with lines....it was all who was less annoying for me
    test
  10. TraGiC

TraGiC Recognize Real

wow this was close

another dope slept on battle

I judge on the overall of the audio...

just was diggin past-one a tad bit more

wow
    test
  11. Willy

Willy DZK's Biggest Fan

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

dope battle.
    test
  12. Poeticks

I respect you feeling that way Past it's all good
    test
  13. Poeticks

test
  14. HaRLeMHeaT7

HaRLeMHeaT7 New Member

i give my vote to past one based on the fact that u sounded a lil more angry......i couldnt understand ur flows and poetik i think if it was longer it would def went ur way but it was short man....
    test
  15. Poeticks

Ok...uppin for votes
    test
  16. Past-one

yea poetick ur track was mad short shouldnt have just let the beat ride out at the end
    test
  17. MARXIST

MARXIST New Member

This is another one i can't decide. I'd call it a tie truthfully. not going 2 vote
    test
  18. BlackJesus

BlackJesus ***************

Writing as I listen....

Past-one

Hahahah "Your mothers pussy smells like a petting zoo!" That was random! Not really feeling the beat. Flow is okay in some parts but your falling off the beat at some points. There is a lot of name flips but not a lot of real personal stuff...a good amount of filler here. There was some solid stuff in there, but not a lot to write home about. Lets see what Poet came up with...

Poeticks

Beat is cool...okay right off the bat...either you have a terrible lisp....or you are over de-essing your vocals. Your overdubs are killing me man. Your lines are better then the other dude for sure. If I had heard this when you only had that short verse I would have voted for Past-One easy....but now Im kinda torn....

Vote = Poeticks

Im gonna go against the grain here. But I think Poe was the better rapper in this battle. My advise is tighten up the editing if you make it to the next round...cause with it sounding like that it wont matter who the better rapper is...you wont make it much farther...Good battle though guys...If Poe hadn't upped a short track to begin with I think it would be closer.
    test
  19. Und3rw0rlD

Und3rw0rlD two blunts and a mic

you did a new audio poeticks??
    test
  20. Past-one

u cant repost an audio for the battle
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.