Rd. 1 Past-one vs Poeticks

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Plekz, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plekz

Plekz Guest

[​IMG]

- $1000.00 prize money will be donated by NDesigns Screen Printing
    - $1000.00 additional prize money will be divided up into the final round.

GRB - Grand Royal Audio Battle 2008 Rules - First Round

- 1st Round Audios are DUE Monday Night December 15 at 11.59 pm cst.
    - Theme: up to 2-3+ Minutes must be about your opponent(s)
    - You must mention their BOARD name(s). Must be atleast 2 minutes.
    - If audio is not two minutes, you must contest it if you want a DQ.
    - One mp3 File Must Be posted Monday Night December 15 at 11.59 pm cst.- We will not store any audio files.
    - YOU MUST post using your board name that is registered to the match. Others will be DQ'ed.
    - Voting links will be posted and votes will be shown.
    - No Comments allowed on battle post until voting links are posted.
    - Can post videos

DO NOT CHECK IN, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO NOT CHECK IN
    test
  2. Past-one

Past-one ticking time bomb

test
  3. Poeticks

Poeticks MY TIME HAS COME

test
  4. Plekz

Plekz Guest

test
  5. Past-one

nice drop lets get these votes in
    test
  6. BULLY

BULLY LOL

upping since this is an active battle
    test
  7. Past-one

test
  8. Dizeazed

Dizeazed -Stay crazy!-

Past-one: Beat is cool, energy is proper, but it was hard to hear you. Your flow needs a little polish, but you definitely came hungry with the punches. Good drop.

Poeticks: Good beat, good energy. Your backing vocals were off and distracted my "listening experience". Lol. No, but seriously. Make them match up better next time, or scratch them completely. Try to make your verse at least two minutes next time, put some effort into this.

As far as punchlines and blatant effort is concerned, I think Past-one easily took this.
    test
  9. Past-one

yea if i wasnt sick as shit i woulda spent time mixxing better but w/e i posted the lyrics on my myspace also
    test
  10. Noodles

Noodles The People's Champion

poeticks i just wasnt feeling your drop this time homey... it was suppper short, not loaded with enough material, and you havent seemed to improved your polish since the last time i heard you. i expect more from you cause i want to see you keep growing as a rapper. the accapella drops dont fly anymore these days...

past-one other than a horrible low mix that made it hard to hear had a pretty solid drop. some good content and everything seemed to fit it,

vote-pastone
    test
  11. Past-one

uping thisss for more votes
    test
  12. Past-one

lalalallala
    test
  13. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Past one- voice sounds decent. flows pretty decent. you beat me the games over? Push you out the whip line was tight. christian bale line was pretty good. it was hard for me to make out alot of your lines till about around that point. i had to rewind your track and throw on the headphones. side note i listened to the back and forth track because it came on automatically and shit was nice man. i was about to turn it off then was like this shit rides. lol

Poeticks- your lines stuck out right away as being better for me. the past name flips were good. jeff made sure/rough past. the TO line was very good. diego line was good.

imma go against the current current and vote Poetiks. i think his lines were wittier. past one sounded smoother but Poetiks sounded more creative to me. this was a very even battle in my eyes.
    test
  14. Past-one

really w/e thats cool
    test
  15. I wArFaRe I

I wArFaRe I Love 2 Hate

poeticks, mix wasnt great as been said, had some good lines in this, the to balls line was nice, not a big fan of acapellas in these though, still a solid drop though, i think the mixing is hurting though

past-one -- flow is nice on this, mix is low but can still make out everything..more aggressive approach, push out the whip line was nice, sounds like you put in a little more effort,

its close but i gotta give it to past one
    test
  16. Poeticks

Poeticks MY TIME HAS COME

More effort? thats really the criteria? Thats an honest question
    test
  17. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

agree with this, at first didnt think anyone felt poeticks but me lmao, but i gotta roll with dude, definitely a close ass battle it's pretty fuckin pathetic how its being slept on though, much respect to ya'll and apologies for all the lames not givin ya battle a chance.
    test
  18. Past-one

wrrd thx for the votes and the feed
    test
  19. Harland

Harland New Member

another battle gettin slept on.. lemme check it out

Past one - your track volume seems pretty low.. but your doing your thing... flow is pretty nice... delivery is aggressive.... lyrics are pretty cool... your own flip on your name was nice...

Poeticks - beat is cool... flow is cool... delivery is alright, you're quality kinda hurts you slightly, but i'll look past that. I think when u go to acapella, you shouldn't use punch ins, makes it sound rather messy. 2nd beat is nice.... you're doing pretty well but i would like to hear harder hitting punches...

overall, it was really close, props to both dudes doing they thing, but in a battle context i think past one edged this with a more direct focused approach lyrically.

vote - past one

Please check out my battle when ya'll have the time

http://board.rapmusic.com/grb-08-gr...izes/1131505-rd-1-harlemheat7-vs-harland.html

thanks

test
  20. Past-one

def harlin ill check it out soon..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.