Rd. 1 Messiah vs bugzareli

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Plekz, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BULLY

BULLY LOL

the 2 minute rule is just a duration of the entire track rule, including the intro. If you wanna spit 4 bars and let the instrumental ride for 2 minutes you can do that.

i just really dont think your lines connected. Messiah didnt hit with no hardbody shit but he had some lol jokes in there that i think impacted better, like the im about eat bugz like an african snack, saying bugz look like elmer fudd...i cant even hear audio right now to quote nothing else, but i listened to both a couple times when i originally voted and my impression is that you just dont go far enough with the disses for them to sting.

i mean when you battle you gotta either deliver a beatdown, or you gotta roast somebody. I felt that neither delivered the beatdown and messiah got the best of the roasting.
    test
  2. bugzareli

bugzareli Culture VI

ahh ok, i gotchya. wasnt sure what the rule was. that's cool tho

i'm not used to this internet battling honestly. ive done it a few times, but its not me. i grew up battling person to person, where its not really about being funny. its about who spits the best and hardest verses. being funny could sometimes lose you respect, not gain it. different era, i guess.

nobody has to worry about getting punched in the face over the internet lol
    test
  3. enef

enef voting against DZK in every round.

so you're saying you stylin on cats
    test
  4. warbux

warbux Robber Dinero

i been to a lot of battles in my time and i never seen one where being funny lost anybody respect

vote - rose

messiah u need to work on that style
    test
  5. Messiah

Messiah Guest

'ppreciate all the honest feedback though

i'ma def work on my style
    test
  6. bugzareli

bugzareli Culture VI

depends. certain people can pull it off. but what i meant was somebody who couldnt rap good couldnt just be funny and win a battle. you actually had to rap good to win. my fault - shouldve clarified it.

bux - the only reason i wanna move on in this thing is to get the opportunity to battle you. i have no idea why. i just wanna.
    test
  7. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze New Member

messiah.. u a funny dude. and i think if ur delivery was more confident... u could easily take some battles if u combine a confident delivery and your wit...

bugz... u came live... i get the feeling of a live battle... u definitely hit him with the photoshop/drawing jabs.. ur shots were more outright disses rather than metaphors or complex wordplay...

i'mma go with bugz on this one... i felt his disses were a bit stronger than siah's punches and coupling that with bugz's flow and delivery..

vote = bugz

whenever u guys get a shot.. peep mine and myke sean's battle..
    http://board.rapmusic.com/grb-08-gr...s/1131524-rd-1-keyser-soeze-vs-myke-sean.html

close one goin right now.. need more voters. good luck!
    test
  8. enef

enef voting against DZK in every round.

and thats def not a good way to go about.
    test
  9. Blackanese

Blackanese BlackaneseCantRap.com

vote - bugz
    test
  10. bugzareli

bugzareli Culture VI

i really wanna battle him
    test
  11. Messiah

Messiah Guest

why?

u barely edgin me out and i don't even spit. u must just want to battle warbux for some attention or sumthin, cuz u already know u ain't gonna win.

lmao. u a funny dude man.
    test
  12. bugzareli

bugzareli Culture VI

nah arbu is one of the nicest on this site. i told you man - im just getting the rust off. been years since i battled. i'll get up for a bux battle. tough to get up for a battle against somebody who doesnt even rap.
    test
  13. headless verseman

headless verseman JERSEY NUCCUH

i cant vote, but bugz obviously got this
    test
  14. Cagey Sly

Cagey Sly IRelyOnPaws

cool battle.
    the video was kinda funny, really held my interest. alot of personals were there talkin down about your opponent. didnt care too much for the intro, which in turn shortened your verse too.

bugz, mostly boasted about his achievements and focused less on his opponent. its all good, commendable, and you deserve all the props you get my dude, real talk.
    test
  15. bugzareli

bugzareli Culture VI

can i vote for myself again, cus then it would be tied.

im fairly sure messiah wants to vote for me too, so that'd mean i'd be winning.
    test
  16. Und3rw0rlD

Und3rw0rlD two blunts and a mic

i dont think theres enough rust for you to "get off" for you to stand a chance bro... no offense, but think about it seriously for a second, for instance your video messiah posted, good lord i HOPE you battle bux because i KNOW that verse from bux will make me cry laughing for probably days.. but shit if thats your wish i wouldnt be suprised if it happened next round (if you make it through this one)
    test
  17. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

bugz had some lines
    messiah had some lines squash bugz and a couple more

bugz sounded a lot better imo so he took this
    messiah just seemed simple with the lyrics but he know how to write a punchline
    test
  18. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

i aint even knew messiah spit lmao so props for that it wasnt bad at all for not really gettin down in a long time, but i gotta roll with bugz, both came with a some lines but the overall level.. yea, bugz, i already voted just wanted to re-iterate in words.
    test
  19. I wArFaRe I

I wArFaRe I Love 2 Hate

felt this was mad close, couldnt listen very well so im gonna come back later tonight when i can listen in actual speakers, good shit though..didnt even know messiah spit
    test
  20. Lights Out

Lights Out Yo Pops Dont Like Me

bugs defo got this battle

but may pay a price for being complacent
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.