rd 1 iLLy vs World Renowned

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Esko, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Esko

Esko Retired M O D

Grand Royal Battle - GRB 2005 - WINTER BATTLE $1700 prize money

[​IMG]

SPONSOR: NDesigns Screen Printing

Total Prize Pool: $1700.00

1st Place: $650.00
    2nd Place: $350.00
    3rd Place: $250.00
    4th Place: $75.00
    5th Place: $75.00

------------------
    6th Place: $50.00
    7th Place: $50.00
    8th Place: $50.00
    9th Place: $50.00
    10th Place: $20.00
    11th Place: $20.00
    12th Place: $20.00
    13th Place: $20.00
    14th Place: $20.00
    15th Place: $20.00

GRB 2005 Rules - First Round

- First Round Audios are DUE Friday Night December 2nd at 11.59 pm cst. Theme: up to 2-3+ Minutes must be about your opponent(s)
    - You must mention their BOARD name(s). Must be atleast 2 minutes.
    - If audio is not two minutes, you must contest it if you want a DQ.
    - One mp3 File Must Be posted Friday Night December 2nd at 11.59 pm cst.- We will not store any audio files.
    - YOU MUST post using your board name that is registered to the match. Others will be DQ'ed.
    - Voting for Round 1 will start once all verses are up.
    - Voting links will be posted and votes will be shown.
    - No Comments allowed on battle post until voting links are posted.
    test
  2. Worthiest Words

Worthiest Words New Member

shit was done real quick..butttt

"illy?"

http://www.soundclick.com/theworldrenownedcriticallyacclaimed

http://w ww.soundclick.com/theworldrenownedcriticallyacclaimed

lo-fi URL: http: //w ww.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3162615&q=lo

hi-fi URL: http: //w ww.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3162615&q=hi

Lyrics

http:// w ww.soundclick.com/bands/Lyrics.cfm?BandID=187254&songid=3162615

good luck
    test
  3. iLLy

iLLy will fuck you up.

test
  4. Arkon

Arkon ''Ozone check ya PMs''

test
  5. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I take it world didn't know shit about illy? Becuase if he had, he would have sonned him.

to pass me with flying colours - still won't win..
    your like kids with acne, embrassed of ur own skin < That was a decent bar.

i'll take this, whethher i'm on beat or out of tune..
    and sun stay hidng like he scared of the moon< decent bar. I would've liked it alot better if dudes name was "SONGOD" or some shit, Then I could Hooray to a pun and name flip, But I'll take just a PUN! good shit.

Illy

Had some nice personals.

Intro was ight.

Little chris is a tie.

Bombing this round like london subway.

elephant line was kinda clever.

british Bull, dog, like the wreastler. pretty good.

FLow= JJ

punches = illy

Both weren't impressive.
    test
  6. H!PNOS

H!PNOS So Ghetto

yeah illy had better lyrics and world had better presence. because this is a battle i have to side with who had the edge with the disses.
    test
  7. comPleXNY

comPleXNY Illest Alive

world renowned- pretty nice shyt best uk emcee ive here son.. woo0o0o0o got some dope punchlines nice quallity... good lines... the accent im not really feeling.. but i can actually stand and listen to u.. thats whats up... nice shyt yo..

Illy- hahaha at the intro... nice beat.. real tough... good delivery really good punchlines.. i think thats what made me listen to ya shyt more.. i like it..

vote- illy

good battle yall for real no hard feeling and keep on grinding..
    test
  8. Worthiest Words

I apologise for the lack of personals , but when your dealing with cats who want to play tactical bitch moves and hide in a corner there’s not much you can really talk about, it's easy to rob a one armed drunk man. Though i guess some folks won't take in an account the advantage..

Up^^
    test
  9. H!PNOS

H!PNOS So Ghetto

^^i took that into account, but this is an internet battle, so sometimes you have to make up a charactor and diss that. i tried to be fair, i took all the aspects of the battle and weighed them. i just think illy's lyics along with the fact that he wasnt horrible made his track too strong to lose to yours. i try to drop an explaination on all my votes, i would appreciate it if you did the same mayn. good luck to both of yall.
    test
  10. Funboy

Funboy lol whore

holy shit @ iLLy sounding like he came str8 from the text side of thie website, fuck no, i had to turn that shit off. you had zero prescence. you read fromt he screen when u was rappin huh

world took this with ease
    test
  11. LeEo

LeEo aka L Dubz

"your get hollow tips....like i gave you empty advice" HAHAHAHA!!!!! u deserve to lose on the basis of how pointless dat line was....HHAHAA!!!

serious i could'nt listen past dat shit my ribs started to hurt me....
    test
  12. Worthiest Words

goodlooks on the voting. but all we got is 13 votes? come on i know it wasnt the best of battles, but a for more votes up in wouldnt go a miss and i think both of us will return the favor if we havent peeped you battles yet..
    test
  13. iLLy

iLLy will fuck you up.

test
  14. ran-dom31z3d

ran-dom31z3d formaly know as gdot

wr-sounding more polsihed with some decent lines,but u didnt know nuting about illy i see,this is nice though ride the beat so smooth better set up on ur lyrics.beat commes in ncie omg can u plz send me that beat?good ur using ur accent to ur advantage unlike some uk cats.

illy-intro seems predictible,i can picture coffe head sleeping on this dont liek the flow to repetive line are predictible setup with the LIKE comparison punches. falling asleep on this to laid back for a battle sounding like lloyd banks

vote/world renowned
    test
  15. The Hex Sniper

The Hex Sniper New Member

ahahahaha @ hit the wrong button... really.. i thought that illy was pretty predictable...

lol@ illy dont sound nothing like ill chris... chris is just a don in this..

this battle was all arounf close.... world i thought coulda set some of his lines up better.,..

illy... you could put some metaphors in with all the like punches to balance it out..

normally id way all the lines out... but im not to impress with either.

vote -w/r
    test
  16. SIN

SIN Sincerely

I normally don't like foriegn rappers, but the other guy had zero mic prescence so even though I liked Banks, I mean iLLy lines more, I gotta go with world reknowned I think...iono...listening again...I dig son lines but still tough to call...W/R got mad more prescence, more polished, but he really ain't start off hard enough...ummm...listens again...nah I really feel iLLy got this, stayed on topic, kept going at it, whereas I felt World had some filler, esp. at the beginning.
    test
  17. Worthiest Words

good looks on the vote man, but fillers are needed when you have completely nothing what so ever to go with but a totally absurd name. i'll get back at your battle in a few but thanks agains for some str8 up feed..i'm jus amazed at the voting in this tourny and what you people judge a battle on..
    test
  18. iLLy

iLLy will fuck you up.

Hmm..I don't know much about you, and name plays aren't hard...but aiighttt....Yeah votes are all over the place, that's just how it goes..whether you disagree or not...

Thanks for the feedback, and lets keep the voters voiting...how they like

test
  19. Worthiest Words

^^illy i could play off you name with ease, but it's a terrible name man come on, i probs lose 10- 0 if i did that shit, just off the corny-ness. Your diss had a few personals, which is good that you took an advantage after all this is a tournament we arent here to help one another. I havent told anyone how to vote i just questioned what some people look for in a battle. This is close, i wish you good luck if you do win...
    test
  20. iLLy

iLLy will fuck you up.

Yeahh, but it's being creative enough to make disses that aren't corny

Good luck
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.