Rd. 1 HaRLeMHeaT7 vs Harland

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Plekz, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katastrofik

Katastrofik THE SOUND OF L.I

Harland - Nice Beat I Used This Before.. Your Delivery Got Leagues Better, Nice Flow... lol @ paid a friend to vote for you.. lol @ harlem Shaking... Good Audio

Harlem Heat - Nice Beat Yo.. Singapore Line Was Nice... lol @ i work hard like a mexican. flow was on point homie.. good shit..

Verry Close Battle.. i'ma give this to harland cuz he had a few more lines hat hit harder, although there werent many quotables
    test
  2. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Harland track was aight. you sound a bit robotic at times. some of your lines were pretty good. i like the if i choose to vote for you line. and the Stage the blow in the dark tour. didnt even get the 15K people line the first listen threw, lol but i get it know. at first i was like what? im trippin.

Heat- nice unknown line. ronaldo/beckem line was aight. i was wondering where duke was from to lol. hmm very short drop from you.

honestly this is a hard battle to vote on. most of Harlands track was filler and Harlemheats track was kind of short and to the point. neither of you really wow'd me with lines. hmmm. i think if you cut out all the filler with both of you and just focus on the good points the tracks are about even in size. concepts where about even so i'll go with who's track i enjoy'd listening to the most

vote Harlem

good battle guys. pz.
    test
  3. HaRLeMHeaT7

HaRLeMHeaT7 New Member

test
  4. ficks

ficks New Member

I pick harlem heat but if harlem doesn't step his flow and come with some harder punch lines he wont't last long

harland good job hope you come back next time i read what you was spitting gOod stuff i just couldnt understand you from ur audio it was a close battle
    test
  5. HaRLeMHeaT7

HaRLeMHeaT7 New Member

more feedback please..... and to the ones who voted vote again since this shit got reset........
    test
  6. GarciaVega

GarciaVega Razor Ramon

ima give the nod to harland

a couple more lines, maybe a standout or two and halem would have got tis
    test
  7. BlackJesus

BlackJesus ***************

The best part about 1st round GRBs for me is hearing all the cats Ive never heard of before...I think I heard Heat last year...but I dont recall...writing as I listen...

Harland

Anyone else think Harlands flow sound like some 80's new wave? This beat is strange. Make 15k people hate rap was kinda cool. The second beat is a little better. Dude stayed on point at least...I mean he kept it personal. Solid effort I suppose. I'm not a fan of accents...but I will try to stay open minded for a fair vote.

HarlemHeat7

I hope this is good...because Im on a laptop stealing a weak signal...and your myspace page took about 7 mins to load...okay lets go...the intro is funny as hell...wow this beat is trash...I thought people were exaggerating...I like your style...not the typical flow you hear in the GRB. But that can be a double edged sword...cause you were so laid back on your flow...you swallowed some of your lines. Example..."its about whos more hunger bitch" and "I can win the grbs hundred days hundred nights" (???) Overall though its wasnt the worst drop. I can be a stickler for little things in close battles so I notice shit like that.

vote=Harland

I checked out a few of Heats tracks on his Myspace and they were a lot better then his battle track. Maybe you just got rushed in recording this go round. Also mess around with some vocal editing techniques...it will do wonders to polish your songs up. Nice battle fellas.

***EDIT***

Sorry fellas...I put in the wrong password when I went to vote...and I forgot to switch the name the second time so I voted for HarlemHeat when I meant to vote for Harland...my apologies to Harland.
    test
  8. Harland

Harland New Member

:( appreciate the detailed breakdown! Can we have someone even this out please lol, I should be up by one but am trailing by the same number currently :(
    test
  9. DZK

DZK DZKonline.net

Harland - your shit was alright, i laughed a couple times... some of your lines were written awkward and some of them i didnt quite understand fully (ie: the dark tour line)

Harlem - your shit wasn't bad either, your quality really sucks man. it detracts from the battle but your voice was good and you can definately rap. nothing really stood out for me.

tough battle to vote on, I'll even out the vote that BlackJesus fucked up
    test
  10. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

voting for harlem again, didnt know it reset my vote and my response apparently, much respect to both emcees, and its a tight one wish i had put it in earlier i hate that im putting my vote back in well its a tie, then again theres a lot of votes to be had so i doubt it'll change to much, stay up
    test
  11. Harland

Harland New Member

its all good jayoo! Thanks for acknowledging both of us haha.
    test
  12. HaRLeMHeaT7

HaRLeMHeaT7 New Member

keep them votes coming......
    test
  13. enef

enef voting against DZK in every round.

voted harlem

i thought his style, presence and overall delivery were better, lyrics were about the same, both yall shit was lackluster

i dont care about quality cause i had the shittiest quality ever so that dont mean dick to me.

good battle, whoever moves on make sure you guys step that shit up cause round 2 isnt going to be any easier for yall
    test
  14. Harland

Harland New Member

neck to neck right now...

we need a couple more of votes!
    test
  15. Dizeazed

Dizeazed -Stay crazy!-

Harland: Interesting beat choices. I tend to be biased against accents, but it's whatever. Your flow is a little choppy, but your energy is good. You definitely sound like you're here to win. You had a lot of material, and though the punches were evident, nothing really shocked me or made me laugh. You had an ok drop, but if you make it to round 2 you gotta up your game.

HaRLeMHeaT7: I vibe with your flow and style much more then Harland's. Your quality isn't the best, but you make up for it with presence. Punches were pretty good, you got a chuckle or two outta me. A 50 second intro is risky business though (especially in round 1), careful boss.

This battle was evenly matched. Whoever makes it to round 2 has to polish up their game (and/or shorten their intro). In the end, I gotta go with HaRLeMHeaT7.... but he just barely squeaked by. It was almost a coin toss, no joke.
    test
  16. Und3rw0rlD

Und3rw0rlD two blunts and a mic

harland your flow seems a little forced, would like to hear you get a little more comfortable but i liked some of your lines, the harlem shaking line was cool seems like your dissing a little bit harder...

harlem - your flow seems a little more fluid, shit is kind of annoying to me when dudes say "nigga" too much, up your vocab.. so far not to many big hitting punches, i like your steez though..

if this was a contest of flow or just pure polished "ness" id go with harlem but since its a battle and i didnt hear too many punches from harlem im gonna go with harland..

nice battle fellas..
    test
  17. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

wooo i get to break the tie... peepin one sec
    test
  18. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

harland.. flow was nice but sort of simple, and ur delivery was basic... some nice simlar name lines i gotta keep that in mind so i dont dvote who i thought lost lol

second beat came in i think u came harder... nice lines in there

harlem u sound alot more confident... better delivery i think i gotta give this to you...
    test
  19. HaRLeMHeaT7

HaRLeMHeaT7 New Member

test
  20. HaRLeMHeaT7

HaRLeMHeaT7 New Member

more votes lets go
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.