RBL Week 16 RANKINGS AND LOUNGE "Flames Of August" EVENT

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Extreme Venom, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheIlliterate

TheIlliterate Well-Known Member

Jai, sign in for next week before it's too late.
    test
  2. King John

King John ♛♔♚♕♛♔♚♕

Way to duck everything I just said, when incapable of forming coherent arguments people do resort to insults, just further proving even you know everything I'm saying is true.
    test
  3. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Okay my opinion is different than smitty's but we frequently differ.It's different than yours too,KJ. Man,I liked your verse. The gunplay and punches were sharp and clean and clear...the flow is clearly the flow of a practiced lyricist and live spitter. Clearly. You used your material well,and you used the material imaginitively...but the problem still lay in the content.

As alluded to before: Fantastic Four punches are too overused. Gun metas are hella common (and I say this knowing that I used them before and I'm gonna use them again). The major issue about using common material is that you have to use them in a truly uncommon way...and the major drawback is that if you face a person who DOESN'T really use that material as staples in their verse? You're already at a major disadvantage because the creativity and freshness of their verse will make a bigger impact from jump.You see me?

Yes,smitty uses convoluted wordplay too much. But he also uses imaginative and fresh concepts and when he does word his punches cleanly? They hit hard...harder than a strong punch using common material. That's basically the whole thing in summary. Your flow was there,smitty's rhyme scheme was more advanced,your punches were strong and creative and consistent,your metas were minimal,your similes were strong,your nameplay was nonexistent or nearly so...but your choice for material that you used to throw the punches? That's what cost you. It was good for common battles and would smash heads there,but you gotta up your bar content for battles with talented lyricists man. That's it. You up your material? You'll be back to choppin off heads like regular. See me?
    test
  4. King John

King John ♛♔♚♕♛♔♚♕

That's the thing his concepts aren't new and fresh, you know how many time "King" wordplay has been used on me? It's not a new angle at all. Talented lyricist? Really?

He said I don't "tiara head," that doesn't even make sense, if you use wordplay it has to work both ways,

"Take 'half of a month' cuz your raps '2-week' for a 'weak-won' win when your coochie hurts"

What the fuck is that? Half month/2 week, really 2 weak wordplay is what's hot on here? and then he finished it off with "when your coochie hurts" that's lyricism?

"C'mon are keys' (monarchies) to a palace-door what you need and more to 'empress' a whore? "

Again he uses wordplay that doesn't work, for one it's not natural sounding at all, who would actually say a sentence like that? Then replace 'mon are keys' with monarchies and the sentence doesn't make sense.

"Inherit his Pawns without En-Passant when I take a 'Peon, the John'"

Not only have a heard a john=toilet line a million times, a pee on John line was used against me last battle.

"Havin a fagot son was the only time you ever caught 'prince on the pauper' "

"prince on the pauper" really? Who the fuck has ever called a gun a "popper"?

"Guillotine neck and spine when I'm shootin the shit and hit the 'Lou', minus X-V-I "

No expo needed to why that's garbage.
    test
  5. smittyrhythm

smittyrhythm you love 2 hate me

There's no point in arguing this with you. You clearly dont get it, I even tried to give you a guide to help you and still you complained. Atleast when I got pissed and signed-out it was over a legitimate robbery, this is a majority vote with people that Ive had open battles with and have no reason to vote for me, other than they determined original lyrics from ones that were played out. Of course I used a KING theme and toilet jokes but the point is a stuck to a theme what other personals do I have against you other than your name and youre from Texas? You came with redundant played out bullshit finished it off with a name play thats already been used that went wayyy off of your played out theme from the get go. No matter what jaiz and whoever the fuck choppa is (I'll battle you ANYTIME duke) says, you actin like a punk right now. True story.
    test
  6. King John

King John ♛♔♚♕♛♔♚♕

What I don't get is how you(or anybody else) can say that your style is anything less than garbage, like I said the angles you took weren't "original" I've heard them before, as recently as my last battle, if you used an angle that was used against literally a week ago, how is that original? Using obscure references doesn't make it original, it just makes it convoluted. So you can have your horrible wordplay in text battles because in anything that even resembled a real battle, that shit would be considered garbage.
    test
  7. smittyrhythm

"Garbage, Garbage" you sound like oscar the grouch holmie :funny:

this dude is really bitchin about an 'angle', what do you expect you remind me of Fresco gettin pissed for bein beat by gay jokes all the time

obscure references, how? I mean do I really have to go through what you just did and break your verse down??? I'll be more than happy to. Find one of my bars that are bit or recycled and post it. I want to see them.

Tell you what better yet, record your verse against me acapella and post it, if you do that I'll do the same you have my word. Audio battle. BET. If not I got nothing else to tell you, you might as well stayed signed in and try to redeem yourself. You know where to find me.
    test
  8. King John

King John ♛♔♚♕♛♔♚♕

You're the one talkin about me having played out concepts,yet all yours have been done to death, and aight, record your verse and post it and I'll do the same.
    test
  9. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

King John is NOT trash,he is TITE. Be real. The only reason he lost that battle smitty is NOT because you beat him per se,he beat himself. He told a story with his last 8 bars when he should've closed the show. It's like Oscar de la Hoya dancin away those last four rounds against Trinidad when they fought back in the day. Oscar won every round from 1-7 and he SHOULD have won the fight...but you CAN'T LET UP ON THE GAS IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP ROUNDS. If anything? Cruise rounds 4-7 and slaughterhouse 8-12. My manz KJ made a tactical mistake....right when smitty threw his hardest punches.
    test
  10. smittyrhythm

:funny: OMG you are a parrot, just take the words right out of my mouth

Like I said SHOW ME or RECORD YOUR VERSE AND POST IT.

I dropped first in our written battle, you can do the same this time around if you feel that bad about it.

Same verse, acapella. Drop it or drop it. Nuff said.
    test
  11. smittyrhythm

:funny:LMAO
    test
  12. King John

King John ♛♔♚♕♛♔♚♕

Personally, my closing bars were the ones I liked the most, that's why I put them at the end, but niggas on here weren't feeling them which is cool, but overall, my verse was MUCH better IMO.

Aight, I'll try to get it posted before I go to sleep tonight.
    test
  13. smittyrhythm

:funny:LMAO!!!!!!!!

AWESOME!!! I honestly can't wait!
    test
  14. King John

King John ♛♔♚♕♛♔♚♕

I probably won't be able to post my verse tonight, I can't find my mic.
    test
  15. Ion Metatron

Ion Metatron I Punch Faces 4 Fun

You spit audio kingdom? We gotta colab foo!!! :D
    test
  16. TheIlliterate

Does anybody on here even have any recorded audio?

Send me them links if you do.
    test
  17. PerfectoUnoJr

PerfectoUnoJr RM Jobber

I'd record all my battle verses here if I could. I write as though they were spoken aloud, even my RSTL verses.
    test
  18. TheIlliterate

I think almost everybody does that ^
    test
  19. PerfectoUnoJr

PerfectoUnoJr RM Jobber

That's actually good to know. Cause it feels so different writing it down and shit that you just aren't sure how it comes off when it's read by other people.
    test
  20. smittyrhythm

I think rbl's about to fall off for a minute..not enough competitors.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.