RBL Under30 Mag + Punchline Pan + Top 10 Prospects

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by U S E R, Oct 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. U S E R

U S E R NON-DOHPE.squad

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Under30 Mag

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voting, Fucked Or Not? By Vember

while most would say the votes are fucked up, and the breakdown's aren't thorough enough, I tend to disagree. I believe the votes are going okay, especially in the top 30, however bottom is a different story. It takes too long for people to vote on battles, there's maybe 2 votes a day it seems, and some people like Nasif.....just refuse to vote at all cus they're too special. A way we could improve votes is put it down to only 4 votes
    needed, that way kid's in bottom 30 that actually have decent skills, dont have to waste their time voting on a bunch of wack battles, and even with the good battles. I dont think anyone wants to spend like 10-20 minutes reading a bunch of verses and then voting on all 6 of them with Good breakdowns. so 4 gives a more free feeling of voting when they feel like it.But all and all, votes are not that serious of a problem, but a 4 vote rule could greatly improve voting in RBL.

Vember out......

Alias: The Good And Bad By Aloe

Intro

It`s enlightening. a true test to see if you really are good in the text world is to use an alias. it use to be, back in the day, you could just battle, and the winner of the battle would always be the winner. however, that isn`t the case any more. today, unfortunaltey, battling comes down to status, politics and who you know. rarley does it come down to pure skill anymore.

Now theres no sure fire way to cut all this out, but one way to level the playing field a little bit is to use an alias. using an alias cut outs all the status and who you know factors. the fact is, as an alias you have to prove yourself worthy of winning battles by actually beating somebodies ass in a battle. you can`t use who you know, and it often cuts out SOME of the politics associated with battling in general. using an alias really gives you a chance to evaluate how good you actually are and get an idea of what people think of your lyrics, not you as a net persona.

Keys to a Sucsessful Alias

I found that there are a number of different things associated with having a sucsesful alias. The most important thing is to NOT TELL ANYONE. i don`t care how bad you want to claim your props or any of that, you gotta keep your damn mouth shut. if the word leaks to only one person, its as good as all over the net. kids these days have nothing better to do than gossip, so believe me, word will spread like wild fire.

Another important aspect of a sucsessful alias is generating buzz. the best way to do this is to have hot verses and blow people out the water. without a buzz, there is no sucsessful alias. generating buzz is a fine line you have to walk between promoting yourself and not giving yourself away.

Verse Writing

Writing verses as an alias is a challenge. you have to totally re-evaluate how you write, or even attempt a verse. in my case, i decided to change the format i write in so i wouldnt get recognized. this means not putting the same things on the ends of bars as i use to, not using commas or ...`s in places i usualy would, all that cosmetic crap. its really a minor issue, however it goes a long way in not being recognized. i actually like this effect of using an alias, it keeps you on your toes and keeps your style from getting old, boring and monotnous.

Negative Aspects

Up to this point i`ve talked about a lot of the positive aspects of using an alias. and while there ARE a lot of positive effects from using an alias, theres also a lot of negatives ones. while using an alias can level the playing field at first, if your really good, and the alias does well, you develop a big net fan base and your back at square one with the politics and the status stuff. theres really no way around it, it`s just what happens.

An advantage of using an alias is that nobody has any personals on you. however, you can`t use any personals on the other person either, cus it might give away your identity. this is one of the biggest obstcales there is with writing an alias verse. you don`t want to use too many generic punches and you don`t want to use too many name plays, so what do you do? you balance and just come up with REALLY hot lines, so even if every line is a name play or a generic punch, people still like it lol.

Another negative effect is that when people get beat by an alias, usually their even more pissed than when they get beat by a non - alias. so they go out of their way to talk shit, ruin your rep, or try to reveal your alias.

Conclusion

Using an alias was a great way to see if your skills really match up to your "net rep". In my case, every time i`ve used an alias, whether it was dreX, speed, island, whatever, its always been a good test for me to see if i still got it, without having all the presure and negative qualities assiociated with using the name "aloe" in a battle. it`s a good way to spark yoursef back up if your in a slump or have writers block. Using an alias can be a really postive experience as long as you don`t take advantage of it, mis-use it or go about it the wrong way.

Are The Mods Bad? By Trap

Why can't the mods of the RBL do anything right? I mean those idiots can never get the sign-in / sign-out sheet correct and they never rank anyone correctly. All the dope vets get thrown into higher rankings and all the no-name newbs or people with less clout have to run through the gauntlet to even get any respect at all. Personally I think this is bullshit.

That was a pretty good impression of chapterz, tuke, BuGG, TheEliteNewbie, TheBell-Hop. Rys', Grimage, 5Starre, vectoreman, spookytooth, dizthachozen1, word up, PAQ., Allanon and about every other whining ass baby crying about their RBL woes.
    Give me a fucking break, let the mods do what they have to do. It's like a goddamn babysitting service in the RBL, with about 125 starving, temper-tantrum throwing, shitty diaper wearing children. If the mods make a mistake, just bring it to their attention in a nice manner. Im sick of these egotistical kids who think they are better then everyone else because they are the "gold belt champ in the RHGHIETML league". Who gives a motherfuck? NO-ONE. And no-one's perfect, thats why there is 4 mods in the RBL to help run it smoothly. Everyone has lives that don't run around the RBL, unless your Whizzy or Verb of course. But seriously, let the RBL run its course. Hell, even i bitched about the having to vote on 6 battles, but i didn't fucking whine about it. I asked manic, he shut me down, gave me a alternative to voting and that was it.

The lesson learned folks ... BE A MAN ABOUT SHIT. And thats the commentary from the king of commentaries, your hero trap. Thank you.

test
  2. U S E R

U S E R NON-DOHPE.squad

Under30 Punchline Pan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Courtesy Of Eye-Z aka Bobby D

10. The predictions even said Paper will be killin this troll
    So many heads pictured ya losin, we ran out of film on the Roll - Papermate

9. though our records wont relate after this, i’ll still find him 'n I alike
    cuz mine will be a good 4-nothing, ‘n he’s been that his entire life! - Namix

8. Craven makes spleens rot – try to kill or be snuffed
    ‘Cause that verse was garbage and my 16’s hot like Hillary Duff - Craven

7. That’s right I’m 100proof .... so I get mad when I’m sober
    Your verse had a such a happy ending.. nah, we’re just glad it was over - theFranchise

6. dumb herb, i'm ur savior, my ego and me rule u so be nice to us
    butler, do me a favor, before u bite the dust can you wipe it up? - Courtesy vs. Butler

5. Well how about it bet you didn’t think I’d rip this long son
    But how we ‘gone agree on Bars.. u only like the gay ones - Butler

4. You'll call me Moses when i start my crazed ways
    because I'll split ya wig and then part ya brain waves - Glasseye

3. You fuckin suck, also deaf and parted son
    leavin more of ya contents on the floor than a chef with Parkinsons - merc 11

2. Front like you’re pimp, but truth is this loser’s girly
    Only time you’ve ever knocked boots is when your shoes was dirty - Craven

1. Disgustin pedophile, when I say to prepare yaself dude
    He didn’t reach for the nines, he grabbed the 10 year olds Too - Papermate
    test
  3. U S E R

U S E R NON-DOHPE.squad

Under30 Top 10 Prospects

Courtesy Of Inkwell

10. Dr. Knockboots

A B-Boys head, Dr. Knock came out of nowhere to give a little comp to a proven netwide head, Craven Moorehead. Doc Knock lost last week, but just giving some comp to Craven was dope of him, he had a nice verse. Watch out for this kid to make an impression on the Top30 soon.

9. DamoSport

RMC vet, Damo knows what it's like to be on top, cause he has been. The only thing about Damo is the bombardment of questions about "Does he still have it?" This is something only time will tell, but I can definetly see Damo in the Top30 soon.

8. War

Another alias, and I know who, War is a vet to RM, and would probably get dickridden by most of the people who try to diss him in Hook-Ups. But it's all good, I won't be surprised if War makes a fast run into the Top30 by the time this comes out.

7. Trap

Trap is like .. A tomb of net-knowledge. He's been on the since around '97 or so. So I think he easily falls under the class of "Veteran". Though Trap seems more open mic orientated to me, he's versatile. Which is never a bad thing. His versatility should make him a future Top30 mainstay.

6. Papermate

Papermate, the alias. Not as much as an impact as people like Island or Rev 9 have made, but enough of an impact to be noticed. Now, the real question is wether Papermate will stick with it, or become another failed alias, like 99% of the attempts.

5. Mr. Body

Another alias, but I think most people know who he is by now. Mr. Body was RBL Champion before, in the old RBL, and has recently gone through some heat for bashing the leagues in a Hook-Ups thread. But it's all good for the Body, as long as he keeps winning, I see him in the Top20 soon.

4. Lares Viales

Lares, after some abscence from RM, and some time at RTM, he's back. One of the most talked about heads on RM, since someone with the name Phasos Lares came around, giving him some attention wether he knew it or not, Lares, the real one, is back and ready to start ripping heads, you'll def see Lares in the Top20 soon.

3. Conflict

Conflict .. Is ill. The only thing stopping his run to the Top20 would be himself. It looks like with him, it's all about how much effort he's gonna put into his verses every week. If he doesn't care, then he'll probably no-show, but if he cares enough, you'll probably see Conflict near the top of the rankings soon.

2. Craven Moorehead

Craven, who originally is from HHH to my knowledge, started to really shine on UPN, he then made his way to RMC for the RBL. Where he's going nicely already with a 2-0 record. This is one head who I can see as champ in the future. Word.

1. Nasif

Fuck what ALL OF YOU THINK. SIFGOD REIGNS SUPREME. Gaining fame from being in both PBA seasons, SifGod is a Net Icon. I am 100% sure that SifGod will be RBL Champion in no time at all. And that's Word.
    test
  4. Tha Mic Rippa

Tha Mic Rippa New Member

test
  5. Papermate

Papermate Registered Writer

number one

nice
    test
  6. Noggah

Noggah Politically Incorrect

yay n shit
    test
  7. word up

word up i spell gud

my name was mention like 4 times
    test
  8. Resen

Resen Do i need a title?

good looks ink
    test
  9. X sample

X sample New Member

good read...though never, ever, ever let vember do another article, jesus christ, its not help a spastic day..

"that way kid's in bottom 30 that actually have decent skills, dont have to waste their time voting on a bunch of wack battles"

yeaaaaaah, good way to not have votes on half the batttles, lol

yeah, i thought the bottom 5 punches were better then the top 5, but good looking..
    and why put nasif in that prospect list?
    lol, that just makes our league look like a joke, damn..
    test
  10. wtf..

bobby d or whoever did this bullshit, did you even check my battle?

im not even trippin off net bullshit.. but i shoulda got a top 10 punch.. the fuck you gonna write a mag for if you aint gonna read every battle..
    test
  11. Tha Mic Rippa

Tha Mic Rippa New Member

test
  12. X sample

X sample New Member

jesus, your gonna get sonned again, lol :)
    test
  13. you aint even in my league, you sorry piece of shit.
    test
  14. get the fuck outta the bottom 30 you wack piece of shit... i swear, your garbage ass is hangin from my nuts.

nerdy ass muhfucka.. 900 posts and shit and you barely came here.. go get a fuckin life, kid.

lol.. the fuck can you get ''sonned'' online.
    test
  15. Houdini

Houdini Humor Me!!!

str8 mag...
    test
  16. Tha Mic Rippa

Tha Mic Rippa New Member

j-nyce...lmao even ure name is wack..lmao..:)
    test
  17. BoogaTheGreat

BoogaTheGreat yuuule!

craven's cool and all, but he's not better than Mr. Body
    test
  18. ''insane clown''..

you icp reject.. dont even type to me.
    test
  19. Imperial

Imperial Lex

This was dope guys.. a nice looong mag. Kept me interested.

But about the 4 vote rule yall are tryna get... I think it should stay at 6. I see what ya sayin, but still.. the reason some battles arent gettin votes is cuz EVERYONE votes on the CHAMP battle, #1 contendership battle, and all the top ranked ones, and noone bothers to look at the other ones.

I think they should close a battle when it reaches like 12-0 or somethin. Enough to determine a winner, so other battles can get more votes.

Pz
    test
  20. Papermate

Papermate Registered Writer

i thought the shit was straight..

why so many kids beefin' in here
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.