RBL TOURNAMENT STATS & LOUNGE Thread (Updated 6/30/11)

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Extreme Venom, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheIlliterate

TheIlliterate Well-Known Member

No stips. 3 rounds is good with optional rebuttals but RBL's not about stipulations.
    test
  2. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

this. in my few years here, flips/rebuttals/whatever have always been frowned upon. theres never been stips really. either do a normal match where the battles choose line limit/anything else, or do the 3 week format i suggested. fuck rebuttals, fuck stips, fuck flips. this is the rbl, not some fagfest.
    test
  3. D-MONIK

D-MONIK Active Member

Just post something venny
    test
  4. 209twitch

209twitch New Member

If we are new, is there a callout thread area to start?
    test
  5. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

Sign in in the sign-in thread.
    test
  6. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

You just stated the components of a voting guide. No flips/rebuttals.No stips. 1 round with miniscule to moderate line limits. My statement--and others,like mrjdm998 and many others who at least equal the number of people in the RBL who're of the opposite--is to expand that narrow scope.You don't LOSE anything,you GAIN significant advantages...not the least of which is burgeoning text activity.I would guess--based upon the various comments that I've read for awhile onsite,some of which predated my arrival onsite late last year--that expanding interest in the text HASN'T worked under the old way that y'all have done things.So you got NOTHING to lose and EVERYTHING to gain. Put real lyricism on deck,attract real lyricists who will populate the RBL TOURNAMENT (paid league) and up the rep and prestige of the RBL to levels it never has been before.I did my homework,this league has always had trouble being consistent for a year or so--even with cash prizes--because the narrow minded knee-jerk bullshit reactionary RBL regulars have developed a rep for circle-jerk voting and that was looked down upon by lyricists of all stripes outside of the RBL...the same people that the RBL will have to rely upon to keep being vibrant growing and viable.

The worst thing that can happen is that the RBL goes through its periodic cycle of activity followed by long spells of inactivity...which is mirrored by the text aspects of this site as a whole with the exceptions being RSTL,the CYPHER threads and specific sections of Lipstick Alley.You get these cycles doing what you've always done.Time to change and upgrade.No mod wants that,no site owner wants that.Text activity is vital to sites.Worst you can get is the RBL will still suck and TaC can say:"I told you so". but ANY improvement will be exactly that...iMPROVEMENT.You gotta change to improve.You can't do what you've done before or you're GUARANTEED to get the same results that you don't want for the RBL.

the fact that TaC and Theill said to keep it the same..and anyone else saying keep the RBL the same...that's exactly why it SHOULD NOT be the same.We ALREADY KNOW what happens when you keep stuff the same: the RBL fails. Make the multiround,true lyricism,multi-bar,stipulation havin battle happen. 3 rounds. 1st round 16 bars,2nd round 24 bars,3rd round 32 bars.Flips. combine the stipulations in previous round.Damn they were good enough to determine the path to the championship,then they're good enough to determine the champion...and the stips are a sharp departure to all that previous crap. The RBL needs innovation to continue,never to wane or weaken.
    test
  7. 209twitch

209twitch New Member

done. i guess i wait now? ...
    test
  8. Tacky Jones

Goddamnit deth quit writing fuckin essays.
    test
  9. KroniK

KroniK R.I.P. U

Deth's ironman match idea will be an added stipulation, however it will not be used in the final match of this tourney

Final match will be 30 lines and will be sent to one of the mods so that both verses are posted at the same time so neither competitor has an advantage.

And if you respond to this Deth, please refrain from using essay format, thank you.
    test
  10. DethStryque

Thank you for adding the Ironman stipulation,but...what exactly makes the championship match stand out from any other moderate line 1 rounder,then? Since we have the RBL's history proving that continually doing things the RBL way--1 round,low to moderate lines,no flips,no officially written out voting guide,etc.--not only keeps the prestige of the RBL low and its rep as being slanted unfair ignorant hate d/r circle jerk voting and and lyrically second-rate solidly iin place,but also locks in its cycle of periodic activity followed by long bouts of inactivity...how is that helpful? Why not meet in the middle: 2 rounds,18 bars each,flips allowed and a fair voting guideline written out to keep battles--especially title matches--fair.The RBL already has a voting guideline,it's just unwritten: personals and punchlines above all else; with punchlines and personals being very narrow in definition and scope.Write a fair one out.
    test
  11. DethStryque

so when's the sudden death matchups gonna be up?
    test
  12. Tacky Jones

the mod idea is a good one.

-.- 30 lines though? fuckers
    test
  13. TheIlliterate

TheIlliterate Well-Known Member

30 lines is good for a title match.

Deth, I don't know where you're gettin this "hate d/r jerk voting" thing from. The essence of a battle is to personally stab at what they represent (personals & punches), but rhyming ability and multis and such are obviously taken into consideration during voting.
    test
  14. Tacky Jones

Deth thinks because he's lost a few matches that people hate vote against him.
    test
  15. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

I got more votes than Deth (Like, actual written votes in posts) but lost. THAT'S a conspiricy if there ever was <__<
    test
  16. Gramur

Gramur Yung Troy

just so yall won't say this is swaying, close our match, Deth won...

but Ima just say, some of that reasoning I seen in the voting was hypocritical...especially when you say i had forced multi's anywhere in that verse without noting Deth's...and he had plenty and when I clearly had the better punches

this aint hate I'm just saying...but I guess everyone has there own opinion about the way they decide so whatever..

but it seems like niggas don't know how to vote on Multi matches, I'm not even seeing thorough break downs like I used to...

anyways, I'll holla bak later, taking a break to focus on my mixtape...it's gon be fire
    test
  17. Tacky Jones

^ pm me a link when you finish, bruh.
    test
  18. Gramur

Gramur Yung Troy

oh fasho I got you, tryna do some big things...
    test
  19. KroniK

KroniK R.I.P. U

So if Extreme doesn't show up anytime, I might post the following matches...

RaZ vs t.a.c.

Deth vs mrjdm
    test
  20. DethStryque

mrjdm definitely deserves a rematch...2 rounder,too.Let's go.And RaZ vs T.a.c. will be good.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.