RBL TOURNAMENT STATS & LOUNGE Thread (Updated 6/30/11)

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Extreme Venom, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EL SORDO

EL SORDO Chargers, fuck ya'll.

whats up with this gay ass thread

think i clicked the wrong link
    test
  2. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

test
  3. D-MONIK

D-MONIK Active Member

Open Mic match for the RBL title? get tha Fuck outa here
    test
  4. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

tbh, there should be no stip for the champ match. make it 24 bars. plain and simple.
    test
  5. D-MONIK

D-MONIK Active Member

No stip for champ match
    test
  6. TheIlliterate

TheIlliterate Well-Known Member

Yeah fuck it. At the end of the day the RBL's about 1 round shit. Maybe just 1 round of 24-30 bars would be ideal.

But thanks Deth, detailed analogy haha
    test
  7. Tacky Jones

i like the stips but they shouldnt be over used.
    test
  8. D-MONIK

D-MONIK Active Member

I hope Ion shows
    test
  9. DethStryque

You get the fuck outta here.The Open Mic idea was just an idea.Look,make it a multi-round affair.1 round straight battle. 2 rounds of rebuttal with a stipulation.This way nobody has an advantage over another person. 16 bars per round,and 3 rounds to make the winner beyond dispute.
    test
  10. IAmBenT

IAmBenT Eat a dick, faggot

i dont see how you can justify a one round champ match. thas so weak
    test
  11. DethStryque

I completely agree.That's a cop out yo. Championships should be multi-round affairs.3 rounds.Stips on 2 of them easy.Voting guideline to make sure no cheatin happens,no d/r and slanted votes.Straight up honesty,straight up flames.Real battle lyricism.No punkin out.
    test
  12. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

To me, as a champ, you should be able to write quality material consistently. As voters I'm sure most of us have seen battles won by just one or two great punches, and then the rest are only decent. A multi round champ match would stop that and ensure that the champ is good enough to deserve the belt. Either that, or have a fixed line limit for champ matches like 32.

Only problem with multi round matches is people posting late so the other person has less time to write.
    test
  13. Tacky Jones

what about just having a best of 3? 1 round, 12 lines. have people vote. next round, 12 lines, have people vote. third round if necessary, 12 lines, have people vote.
    test
  14. DethStryque

champ matches come with inflexible timelines (like in the RWZ).You have 24 hours to drop after the first verse,and the first verse is due 24 hours after check in.Check in is mandated for no later than 12 hours after the champ match thread is made.Extensions are the purview of the mods,and you get only one...at the cost of 2 votes (just like in the RWZ). Flips are allowed. round battles with a 16 bars minimum 24 bar max (48 in the RWZ) are mandated.Voting guides are mandated--not optional in champ matches,but MANDATORY--to prevent any form of swaying,cheating,bytching,whatever.Everyone who participated in the tourney is mandated to vote in the champ match...and all mods are required to vote (unless the mod was in the battle).This is what separates champs from chumps.
    test
  15. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

I'd say yes except it would take 3 weeks to have the match. When would voting on each round close? People would complain and say they got screwed by the rounds closing at certain times.
    test
  16. Tacky Jones

post the threads on monday, post verses by friday. friday-monday is open for voting. run the regular league concurrent to this and make it mandatory that people in the league vote on the champ match.

to do this shit would have to be done on a strict schedule. threads must be up monday, and closed monday.

also, when i make it to the champ match, the match will only go 2 weeks :funny:
    test
  17. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

I'd be OK with that format. If it's like that I'd say 16 and insta-loss for lateness. Co-sign TACs idea.
    test
  18. TheIlliterate

TheIlliterate Well-Known Member

So many options doe.
    test
  19. Ion Metatron

Ion Metatron I Punch Faces 4 Fun

Pretty much...

Ay Raz I'm typing now boy boy...
    test
  20. DethStryque

Nah.Anybody in a championship match can hang with anybody else in a championship match with only 12 rounds.That's why title fights are 12 rounds (used to be 15 and before that? unlimited) and non-title fights are never more than 10 rounds...unless these are matches with title implications. Hell,a GUEST VERSE is 16 bars on a track. A reeeaaalll champ should be able to effortlessly drop 48 bars of flame at will,so a 3 round multi-stipulation tournament championship battle should go 16-24 bars per round.Anything less will gut the purpose of showing championship heart will endurance and firepower.Going 12 bars is like trying to have a championship boxing match have a mandated limit of 7 rounds. Rounds 8-12 are the championship rounds.
    Well,verses 24-48 are the championship bars,but for the RBL writers are notorious for not wanting to write bar lengths that would be standard (48 bars) even for wakk dudes like Souljah Boi and Wacka Flocka or whatever they are.

Hell,we could even go round 1=16 bars, round 2= 24 bars, round 3=32 bars...with each round stacked with stips that have to be used in attacking the other guy.No excuses,just knuckle up.Do something that not only proves that you're champ,but SEPARATES YOU from all previous champs.Gitcha bahz up,up ya pen game.Hell,we could even use the voting guideline on each round to evaluate who's winning and why...and the RWZ guideline prevents slanted,d/r,klikkish,ignorant,inaccurate,hate,etc. votes while it mandates that every style gets equal respect and appreciation.

Are you a true champ...a champ among champs...or not? This proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.