RBL Mini Pre-Mag

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Oneduh, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oneduh

Oneduh Guest

RBL MINI PRE MAG
    Brought to you by Blackdef, King Grimet, and Oneduh

RBL is finally where it's at and where its going to stay for a looooooooooong time. Dopest Mags, Dopest matches, and dopest battle system ever seen. This is the "evolution" as some might say. Def is now here and with my ideas we are going to set it off right and make RBL once again the best league on the net period. But let me forewarn you before you press that reply button. This league is not for your average battler looking to simply post a verse mindlessly each week. You will not only need skills to succeed in this league but actual strategy. This system actual will allow the battlers more control over their RBL run. Their success will rely more on the battlers and not the Mods. Every match, every vote, every point, every poll, every title, and every crew will matter here. This league will be the most in depth experience any battler has seen and it’s only right that it be hosted here at rapmusic.com. The Mag and Power Rankings will go up each Sunday. The Mods will then post up your battle threads before the end of the day. Power rankings and voting will be closed Saturday night. Battles are due Thursday nights as usual and voting will end early Sunday. Battles will be still considered open for votes until the threads close as well as the power rankings. You’ll understand that later in the breakdown.

SIGN INS

[​IMG]
    [table="head;autonumtitle=rank;width=40em"]RANK|RBL TITLE|RBL POINTS|EDGE %|RECORD|BATTLER NAME
    000.|NONE|000400|050 %|
    00-00​
    |Name Here
    000.|NONE|000400|050 %|
    00-00​
    |Name Here
    |
    000.|NONE|000400|050%|
    00-00​
    |Name Here
    000.|NONE|000400|050%|
    00-00​
    |Name Here[/table]
    [​IMG]
    [table="head;autonumtitle=rank;width=40em"]SET|MATCH TYPE|POINT GAIN|EDGE %|RECORD|BATTLER NAME
    DEF.|PINK SLIP|000400|050 %|
    02-00​
    |Name Here
    CHA.|PINK SLIP|000400|050 %|
    02-00​
    |Name Here
    |
    DEF.|None|000400|050 %|
    02-00​
    |Name Here
    CHA.|None|000400|050 %|
    02-00​
    |Name Here[/table]

LEAGUE OVERVIEW
    Some might say this is to much for a League and we wont pull through with this like on BW. The only flaw there was that I was one Mod running such a big league and little time to do it. In this case that problem is solved seeing how posting matches all lay in Oneduh and King Grimits hands. All I need to do is what I enjoy doing. Droppin the dopest Mags and updating the rankings each Sunday. Everyone that signed up will get an extra 100 points starting everyone out this week with 200 points. The actual rankings wont go into effect until 4 weeks from now. Then on the fifth week we will crown our first RBL champion. We got a shit load of sign ups before I even posted this shit so that’s great. Looking forward to seeing what everyone’s got.

POWER RANKINGS
    First of all I want to give thanks to Mod Stash for making this possible by installing the hack needed to make these wonderful tables as you can see above. The rankings system will now feature not only the rank of a battler but his or her Rank, Record, Points, Title, Edge % and grudge matches. This shit here is to give everyone their status the league to help them strategize their way up the rankings. I’m actually looking into placing multiple titles in the league if everything runs smoothly. Rank is self explanatory. Points are what you earn. Edge % is not a prediction but simple showing who has the bigger momentum going for them. A lot of shit goes in to account with this like writing ability, current record, winnings streaks, losing streaks, league favorite, title history and much more. Once again, NOT a prediction. You will notice every two names are separated to show who’s battling who and how the Edge% ties in. I tried to make things simple as possible for you guys so don’t be a dumb ass but ask questions if you really don’t understand and I will clarify to the best of my ability.

BATTLE RULES & REGULATIONS:
    Lime limit will be strictly 10-16 lines excluding Title and Special matches. If there is no agreement, 2nd emcee to post must match 1st persons verse (2nd emcee can post less but not more lines then his opponent)
    All verses will be due THURSDAY night at 12:00 Pacific. (Voting is considered open until Mods close matches)
    You Must Post Links to 3 Battles you Voted on
    Each Battler is required to vote on at least 3 Battles
    1 Vote deduction for each battle not voted on
    Voting is open only for those who are signed into the RBL
    If You are signed in you CANNOT vote until your first battle is up!
    Votes must be explained, No Hate Votes, Crew Votes, Revenge Votes
    Everyone Mustvote on Contender, & Title matches

50 BATTLER CAP / Sign In’s:
    Yes, there will be a cap on this league but don’t threat because a cap doesn’t mean there wont be any sign in’s. I’ll assume there will always be room for replacements due to a no show or two unless everyone’s shows up. But even then battlers can kick each other out the league with pink slip matches so it’s bound to get ugly. Think of the sign in’s as a draft pool because it won’t be a first come first serve type setup like in the past. You will need to have some type of battle history to even be considered let in on the action by me Oneduh and King Grimet. And that leads me to say this league is not for you newbs out there… Take that wack shit to the Lyrical Dojo forum kid. If the league is too successful to the point where there’s 50+ sign in’s we will bump the battler cap up accordingly.
    test
  2. Oneduh

Oneduh Guest

GRUDGE MATCHES
    Ever wanted to earn more than just one win a week or just battle somebody but never could get the shot to due to rankings? Here battlers have the power to call eachother out in this league for extra matches. You can only have one extra match a week and you must have enough points to do so. If somebody no shows a battle call they wont get a loss but they will lose all their points to the challenger.

CREW MATCHES
    This shit wont go into effect until later. I don’t want to overwhelm you guys with to much but I do want to give you a heads up on the crew division coming in a few weeks. Every match will be tag teamed. Each battler dropping 8 lines each making it a hot 16 from each crew. Each crew member gets 100 points each weekly win. 200 extra points to each if a crew wins the tag team title.

POINT SYSTEM
    This is what I think could make or break battlers in this league because with points you can do damage and without them you could be sheep to the lions. Not saying you can’t win a championship without them but it would be stupid not to use points to your advantage. There are so many ways to get points and so many ways to lose them so you’ll need to be on top of your game to use them to your advantage.

USING POINTS
    Battlers can buy from the point shop in the power rankings thread each week. Everything will go into effect the following week. Each Sunday at the end of the week I’m going to close the power rankings and then go down the thread from the fist post to the last and set up matches and make edits from what’s bought accordingly. First come first serve basis’s so whoever replies to the power rankings first has first dibs as long as they have the points to do so because if they wanted to their post asking for a grudge match they would get if somebody that posted after them asked for the same battler. Pretty Simple.

HOW TO EARN POINTS
    200 - WHEN YOU SIGN IN
    100 - EACH WEEK YOU SHOW & VOTE
    100 - EACH MATCH YOU WIN
    100 – IF PUNCH IS CHOSEN FOR VERSE OF THE WEEK
    100 - VOTING ON 10 MATCHES WITH LINKS
    200 - WIN SPECIAL MATCHES
    200 - WIN A TITLE
    500 - WIN MINI MATCHES

HOW TO LOSE POINTS
    NO SHOWING = LOSE ALL POINTS
    NO SHOWING GRUDGE MATCH = LOSE ALL POINTS TO CHALLENGER
    SIGN OUTS = LOSE ALL POINTS

HOW TO USE POINTS
    500 = CALL ANYONE OUT (GRUDGE MATCH)
    1000 = BYE A SECTION IN THE MAG (200-300 words)
    1000 = CALL ANYONE OUT (PINK SLIP MATCH)
    2000 = TAKE A LOSS OFF YOUR RECORD
    10,000 = GRUDGE IMUNITITY

This shit is subject to change at any time depending on the demand of shit until everything levels out so make sure you keep track of the updates each week in the thread.

RBL FAQ’s
    How do I lose and earn RBL points.
    Answer - Scroll back up.

Can I give my points away or borrow points from somebody else.
    Answer – No you can’t give away or take point’s dumb ass.

If I lose in a special match do I get a loss on my record?
    Answer – No, but you don’t get a win either. Just points

Can I choose only battle in the crew division?
    Answer - Yes, But why tha fuck?.. lol

How do you sign up a crew, set up grudge matches, and shit?
    Answer – Do it all in the Power Rankings thread each week.

What if somebody calls the person I wanted to battle out before me?
    Answer – To damn bad. Everything is a first come first serve basis.

Will I receive a loss on my record if I no show a grudge match.
    Answer - No but you will lose all your points to the challenger.

Can I challenge more than one person in a week?
    Answer – No, nor can a person be challenged more than once a week.

Do we get a win and loss on our recorded if we both show for grudge matches.
    Answer - Yes

You can find the Week 1 Power Rankings and breakdown of the point system here:

http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=1076833

Feel free to ask us any questions you may have about the changes & lets get it my niggas.
    test
  3. King Grimet

King Grimet King Grimet

test
  4. Revanon

Revanon Comeback of the Year.

Why is my name not in Week One?
    test
  5. Vivify

Vivify New Member

pink slip matches.....is the loser banned like, forever? or can they come back after a while?
    test
  6. Ricardo Mayorga

Ricardo Mayorga γγγжжγγ

this is confusing
    test
  7. King Grimet

King Grimet King Grimet

I will get back to you on this one.
    test
  8. LiL Man

LiL Man New Member

that would suck...

do the crews in the crew matches only consist of two people? It says eight from each making it 16 lines...but if you had four people in a crew, could they each drop four lines?
    test
  9. King Grimet

King Grimet King Grimet

As far as right now goes, this isn't in affect, so don't worry about it. Good question tho, I'll make sure BlackDef addresses all of these questions after talking to me & oneduh about it.
    test
  10. King Grimet

King Grimet King Grimet

Heres the deal on the pink slip matches.

Oneduh says its ban forever, so im guessing thats what blackdef says as well.

I say this,

If you get the amount of points needed, & you call someone out to a pinkslip match, the loser of the match is forced out of the league, for the next week only. however, if your out of the league, signing back in means you start over at 0, with no points.

So that way nobody gets banned from the league for a stupid reason, and if you have a grudge with someone this will be a good way to get at them. by makin them lose all of the points they have earned.

Ya feel me on that?
    test
  11. King Grimet

King Grimet King Grimet

Happy new year everyone

2008 should be a good one.

The rbl revolution! woop
    test
  12. Vivify

Vivify New Member

I think pinkslip matches should be at least a month. cuz for one, it's a lot of points to use just for someone to comeback after a week. second, a month makes a pinkslip match more and be more dramatic, rather than just a week off.

So pinkslip matches should be a month ban, and if you sign up after losing, you lose your record, points, and everything else.
    test
  13. Oneduh

Oneduh Guest

Pink slip will be a month at the minimum..

It's gonna take a while to save up 1000 points.. For someone to dislike another battler enough to drop their whole 1000 on pinkslippin someone & then let the guy back in a week later is a slap in the face.

We'll work it out..

Happy new year niglets
    test
  14. Rated-Are

Rated-Are New Member

rap wrestling ..
    test
  15. Con God

Con God New Member

The Pink Slip Matches are not ban forever matches. We just kick the person out the league whoever loses for at least a 2 week period... Thats half a month out of action and they lose all their points but not their record. And that's IF they can get in seeing how the league will have a 50 man cap on it. So pink slip matches WILL be a big deal here for those shit talkin egotistic put ya money where ya mouth is type battlers. And that's the shit i honestly WANT to see so fuck all you humble pie eating muhfuckas. Get this shit hyped so i can have some shit to talk about in the mags cause im paying attention closely to every little beef and every comment made.
    test
  16. Con God

Con God New Member

Oh yeah and all grudge matches are not pink slip matches which will be rare since they take so many points. There will be different battle types... regular, hype, roast, Pic, gimmick, topical, and so on. made at the challengers discretion. we might have some big shots out there that KNOW they can shit on anybody.
    test
  17. King Grimet

King Grimet King Grimet

Ah Yesssssss

Oneduh & Blackdef I love yall

So nice to have some mods on my side this time..

makes me happy haha
    test
  18. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

i think you guys should figure out whats what before posting conflicting conclusions to the same question

shouldnt you all be in agreeance on the rules? as well as understand them?
    test
  19. Master Peace

Master Peace coolest nigga yo mama kno

So is Pink Slip matches a month or minimum 2 weeks?
    test
  20. Master Peace

Master Peace coolest nigga yo mama kno

Also if your opponent no-shows do you have to vote or post a verse?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.