RBL Magazine

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Brown Jesus, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

Introduction

Welcome back, guys. This is the last week before the tourney and I hope you guys are as excited as we are. We have a good number of sign ups already, which is great. Enough about that, though, we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

We had a lot of no shows last week. Shit happens, though, and I was happy with the battles that did go down. I thought they were mostly good matchups; some went down differently than I thought, which is interesting. Highlights this week will probably be a little shorter than usual, but I think it will be a quality/quantity thing. The Preview will be crazy, I think they could all pretty much go either way; Champ Match will be another good one. We have a new Champ this week, so we will obviously have some movement in the Power Rankings; consider this list the people you will have to beat to win the tourney.

Speaking of the tourney, it is right around the corner. With that in mind, I want to give you guys the details of what's going to happen with that. Everything looks great, though, I think it's going to be a really good one. I'm really excited to be a part of it. In the meantime, take a look at our front page piece; tell your friends, share it on FB/twitter, etc.

http://www.rapmusic.com/rapmusic/20...nts-its-end-of-season-tournament-sign-up-now/

I've rambled enough for one sitting. Have fun this week, gentleman.
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. Brown Jesus

Week 51 Review

RBL Championship

Champ Thorne (6-0) vs Contender Ski Mask (4-1)

We all knew ski would be in a Champ Match at some point and he didn't disappoint. Both guys showed up and put on a good show. There was some inconsistency in the verses, but the good points were really good (e.g. Ski with Thorax line). The voters thought Ski took thi and he is now your new RBL Champ. Congrats!

RBL Contender Match

3. egoo (2-0) vs 4. coil grimely (2-0)

This one looked good to me on paper and it delivered. I though it was a really good battle, in contention for BotW with the Champ Match tbh. Coil had some pretty good lines, but eggo had more of them. Expect to see material from both of these guys in the highlights. Eggo took this battle and is now in the Champ Match vs Ski.

5. Eyeurn Mic (1-1) vs 6. EKGenius (1-1)

This one was pretty one sided. EK came out swinging; that bunny slope line was good. I agree with the voters that Eyeurn didn't really have much hard hitting material. EK showed some potential in this battle; hopefully he can carry that momentum into the tourney.

7. Brown Jesus (0-2) vs 8. Benigno

Basically a double no show.

:scared:

9. PharCyze vs 10. Mets

PC wins by no show.

11. Allen Knight vs 12. Smarty Pants

Basically a double no show.
    test
  3. Brown Jesus

Week 52 Preview

C. Ski Mask(5-1)
    2. eggo(3-0)

This one is going to be good (if it isn't already; I haven't checked battles, but ski usually posts early). Ski has been on a good run, I don't really see that ending. Eggo has made an unsurprisingly quick rise to the top. Both have had impressive runs, it will be interesting to see whose streak is ending this week. Stay tuned.

3. EKGenius(2-1)
    4. PharCyze(1-0)

EKGenius made some big strides last week. He posted his best verse yet, showing the potential that he has. PC hasn't really had to do much to get here with the no show last week. It will be interesting to see if he hasn't gotten a little rusty. I think PC win's in clear fashion, but don't be surprised if EK makes this a battle to keep an eye on.

5. Thorne(6-1)
    6. coil grimely(2-1)

How the mighty have fallen! Thorne get's dropped to 5th and he probably isn't very happy about it. Coil has been showing signs the last few weeks, but I think Thorne is just too much for him this week. This battle is important for both of these guys ot build momentum for the tourney. I think Thorne comes out the victor in this one.

7. EyeurnMic(1-2)
    8. Brown Jesus(0-3)

I haven't really put together any momentum since signing back in; Eyeurn at least has a win under his belt :scared:. To be honest, I don't have as much time these days; I never wrote much, but I thought about battles and used concepts that I dreamed up during the week. Eyeurn probably smells blood. I don't know how this one will go. I'm stuck at work all day today, so if we get busy, Eyeurn will have an easy win; if we get slow, I think I'll make it interesting.

9. Split Eight(0-0)
    10. Smashal0t(0-0)

Spit Eight sounds familiar, but I can't recall. I never heard of Smashalot. Who wins? toss a coin, idk.

11. kwikwitit(0-0)
    12. Slugger K(0-0)
    13. Storyteller(0-0)

Read the last comment. I think kwiwwitit is an alias, but I don't know who it is. After a little thought, I think the bottom 5 are aliases. Who wins? Find a three sided coin and let me know.
    test
  4. Brown Jesus

Week 51 Highlights

Im seeing that you improve after each verse, yet it seems kinda funny though
    that your still so Eeeasy to Ski.. he nicknamed you the Bunny Slope
    EKGenius

And with my pencil marks, I write punches that’ll really have him feeling hurt
    cus when I script this verse, it’ll be hard to put Eyeurn on top even with a wrinkled shirt
    EKGenius

Only time EKG inside bitches, tracking baby's heart to listen,
    I'm dissing him 'cos I feel he should be here in YOUR position!
    Coil Grimely

Punches make 'em bleed like menstrual, continued discussion;
    Only time Eggs inside of a bitch is her ovaries for reproduction,
    Coil Grimely

^Damn. by that used line its hopeless how the homies datin
    Bitches rather take a cucumber before they face mask.. like pore exfoliation.
    Thorne

Whenever u say Hi to women they run soon as they met creep..
    Girls like water sports fanatics - once they see a wave they wanna jet ski.
    Thorne

T was Credible, but now with wins from youths to date
    U'd think he had a lung problem how T.B. losing Weight
    ski mask

Austin Powers, Thor is gay, pour, trash, and a snitch
    A stab to his Chest will show how Thorax like a bitch
    ski mask

Punchline of the Week

Die without a hitch, attend ya death tonight it's true
    He'll be right on Q, just be happy Q didn't write on U
    ski mask

Verse of the Week

Battle of the Week

http://board.rapmusic.com/rapmusic-...contender-match-3-eggo-vs-4-coil-grimely.html
    test
  5. Brown Jesus

Power Rankings

5. PharCyze

Let's see if he can get some momentum going before the tourney.

4. coil grimely

Tough loss last week. He'll bounce back.

3. Thorne

He will move back up these ranks

2. eggo

This was going to happen sooner or later.

1. ski mask

Eaaaasy
    test
  6. Brown Jesus

Outro

I said I wanted to give you guys info on the Tourney, so I will give you what I know.

We are still ironing out a couple minor details (prizes, for example). A couple things that I do know for certain:

I'm personally throwing 50 bucks in for prizes (probably gift cards, but I might be persuaded to register with paypal to send you some cash); I wanted to split this between whoever champs it, the runner up and the winner of a punchline tourney between all contestants not involved in the Finals.

Which brings me to the punchline tourney; it will be held on the last day (tentaitive, TBA) of the tourney. The rounds will only be 30 minutes long and it will be invite only. In order to be invited, you must sign up for the tourney.

Back to the prize money, I was thinking the split for prize money would be Champ-30;Runner up-10; Punchline Champ-10. If we can get more sponsors (T.a.C is working on that since he has a prettier mouth), then those numbers will increase. We're getting really close to 10/14, so we should have all this stuff figured out very soon. If you have any questions, suggestions or just want to help out, feel free to send me a pm. I hope to have final details posted in a thread soon, so keep your eyes open.

I hope you guys are as excited for the tourney as we are. This will be one of the rare events where I put this ahead of my personal stuff, i.e. it will be of much better quality than my verses :scared:.

Don't forget to vote and post links. Have fun this week guys.

RBL Staff
    test
  7. Split Eight

Split Eight evilest of 9's

test
  8. Storyteller

Storyteller .:Your Fav. Mc's Idol:.

Props on this nice mag good indepth tourney info

which i did sign up for whoohoo
    test
  9. Brown Jesus

Whoa, 30 to the Tourney Champ, not 10.

@ Split

That might be where I saw your name, never really posted over there, though.
    @Storyteller

Appreciate the support!
    test
  10. EKGenius

EKGenius New Member

props brown.. appreciate the work.. i know how hard it is to sneak in a couple post in while at work ha
    test
  11. Smashal0t

Smashal0t Member

nice mag...kinda salty i didn't come here earlier...
    test
  12. ski mask

ski mask The Don

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.