RBL Magazine Issue 4 Volume 1

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Brown Jesus, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

Introduction

After laying an egg last week, I'm back with a better Mag. Last week was pretty good; a few no shows, we had some impressive verses. Recap is gonna be good!... sorta. Battle of the Week was between new sign ins (Gram's a newbie :scared:). This weeks preview is interesting. Sorry, T.a.C, it's my Mag :fu:. League looks very good the of the way down. On that note: Welcome back, Noble! Kick PharCyze's as for actually admitting he's from HollaFront (sorry, homie, no RIP here lol). Highlights is getting to take a lot of time and that's great! I'm going to start working from lines you quote, so mention them in your votes, por favor. I'm gonna take a shot at Power Rankings since I completely forgot to do an interview :cry:. As the Italians say: Domani. Hope you guys are having a great week! Show up, vote, and be active on here (the lounge is lonely).
    test
  2. Brown Jesus

Review

Sonny Daze vs Young Philly vs Gramur

This was clearly BotW.

Young Philly dropped a good verse early, not sure it worked out as planned, though. Opener was cool and kill it in its sleep was nice, but...

Yikes! Philly was going HAM, no doubt.

Gramur had a decent verse; I thought his wording was sorely lacking, but some of the concepts were good. The verse opened a little choppy, but, the BC lines was cool. The thing about your verse that stuck out bad was the rhymes:

I think conceptually it was ok, but the rhyme was too simple. Not enough this week for the W.

Sonny Daze had a consistently dope verse. The "fuck Gramur" line was dope and the followup was simple, but it had decent wording. Damn at these nameplays, though:

Dayum! Very good showing here. Sonny wins for posting links, shit would've been tied up otherwise :cry:
    test
  3. Brown Jesus

Hawkh2e vs C Price

Hawkh2e no showed.

C Price had the no show verse.

Not much to say here except show up to your battles and vote. C Price Loses on Links.

SanerHxS vs Holla Hutch

A rematch of the BotW last week.

Holla no showed.

Saner dropped the no show verse.

Not much to say here except show up to your battles and vote. SanerHxS Loses on Links.

Breathless vs Bruce Lerone

Bruce no shows.

Breathless dropped one of his best verses lol. Opener and closer were both good. You got 2 nice lines in a verse!!!!

:cry:

Breathless Loses on Links

:dead:
    test
  4. Brown Jesus

tbone vs Brown Jesus

tbone has a unothodox style. I'd use breathless as an example, but they're completely different, too. He doesn't always go for a punchline, but when he does:

First was cool, second hurt my feelings. Good shit, homie!

I was swamped last week, this week, too, but not as bad as last week (thank God). I still had some moments through the week to scribble down concepts that I worded on Thursday; usually how I do it btw. I really only liked my drag queen line (probably should've worked queen in there somehow for a little extra).

I thought it should've been closer, but, I won 2-0.
    test
  5. Brown Jesus

Champ T.a.C vs Gee Willikers

First off, I didn't realize that I didn't vote on this battle, just gave my opinion of both guys. I thought T.a.C won fwiw.

Anyway, T.a.C dropped first with a decent verse. Very straightforward, but not bad. Much better in the heart of the verse than the open/close section. Lines such as:

...were cool.

Gee had some heavy wordplay, but I thought that his wording was takking the edge off. e.g.:

I thought this was a little forced, but I can dig the attempt. The hemlock line was good, too, but the wording was kinda weird to me. Not from an impact point of view, but from a flow point of view. I think "was greeting males in gyms" would flow a bit better, I think.

T.a.C won this one. Good battle guys.
    test
  6. Brown Jesus

Preview

C. T.a.C(15-1)
    2. Brown Jesus(3-3)

T.a.C sucks, I'll win this one with my eyes closed... thanks to my high school keyboarding teacher :scared:

This is like our 5 rematch, and I am defeated against T.a.C :)scared:), so I want to feel good. Therefore, I'm going to see how many times I can diss him for the rest of the Mag.

:wave:

3. Sonny Daze(1-0)
    4. Gee Willikers(2-2)

If Sonny drops a verse anywhere near his last one, he'll be seeing me in the Champ Match. Should be good, though. Gdubs has dropped some good shit in the past. Sonny should take this one, though.

5. Tbone(2-1)
    6. Breathless(8-19)

Breathless drink beer that my female friends call bitch beer, so I don't think he has the cojones to hang with tbone. tbone will drop another good verse, I'm sure, so breathless better start asking for help on his verse early this week. tbone will win this one 100 to -∞

:jaydamn:

7. SanerHsX(0-2)
    8. C Price(0-1)

I'm going to give Price the benefit of the doubt and say that his verse last week was a no show verse. I'll say that this is a toss up, but my heart says Saner

Pause

9. Gramur(0-1)
    10. Noble Soldier(0-0)
    11. PharCyzE(0-0)

This should be good. PC is nice, Gram is good, and Noble.... well.. Noble is noble! Nah, Noble has been around for a long time and knows exactly what he's doing; might need to shake off some rust, though. I think this will be battle of the week (something about being in last place brings the best out :dunno:) and close. I'm riding with experience, but PC will bring it, and Gram isn't giving away W's (you don't want to know what he is giving away). Noble in a nail biter.
    test
  7. Brown Jesus

Highlights

So if you conceived a plan to battle rap & be the illest in the streets
    I suggest you give it a rest.........grab a pillow, and kill it in it's sleep
    Young Philly

But these fudge-packing freaks keep their words tight & creep
    It's always sunny in Philadelphia.
    while it's only Sonny in Gramur a few 'late work nights' a week
    Young Philly

Ur punches suck, ur vocabs awful, & ur wording ain't refined
    If there was a country "Gramur", it'd be third world and in decline
    Young Philly

and Phil is older than McCain..fuckin' has been...believe me
    my writtens Grade A...Yours are more like B.C.
    Gramur

Its a sad thing when this guy bruce competes
    This black chink's like charred armor, he'll even lose to me
    Breathless

I'll miss every bsingle punch an knock him out with my back swing when half assed
    Totally disgraced leave him kickin' rocks like a track team at fat camp
    Breathless

This a rematch, but it's looking like Ortiz and mayweather
    u would think bj wore knee pads, how he flop more than a NBA player
    tbone

Younger cats carry the iron in, but obviously,
    Its mostly retired men who hit on the T,
    I call what I see, son, your pops is mourning, father is hurt,
    Its a drag to him... he didn't have to peek under the skirt,
    Brown Jesus

6 lines an I’m feelin I realized this a lil late
    Fuck a punch…In Riot’s league, you were 1-4 as a middle weight?
    T.a.C

Fuckin fizzle, mate, fuck the cost, boss
    Gimme your name, I’ll work some Magic…
    …But I aint putting 2 bill into this lost cause
    T.a.C

They suicidal betting Tac’s wack rhymes will prevail
    If you got hemlocked^ then go ahead and drink it to kill yourself
    Gee Willikers

Punchline of the Week

All of Breathless verse is in the Mag and still couldn't get VotW.
    Verse of the Week

test
  8. Brown Jesus

Power Rankings

5. Brown Jesus

I'm not even sure I belong in the list

4. SanerHxS

If this guy votes, he should be in Champ matches regularly

3. Gee Willikiers

Lost to T.a.C, but he still has some decent punches.

2. Sonny Daze

He's gonna beat me next week.

1. T.a.C

Being Champ comes with some benefits... such as losing to me.
    test
  9. Brown Jesus

Outro

Outro tonight.
    test
  10. Brown Jesus

I will post the rest in a couple hours. Enjoy what you have in the interim...

...bitches!

ps: formatting later, too.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.