RBL Magazine: A Change For The Better

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by -Oz-, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

[​IMG]

RBL Magazine: A Change For The Better

Week Overview

Welcome, speaking of which, who would have ever thought a change would be welcome in the RBL. I'm happy to say the new RBL deadline, is more or less a complete success. There was only 2 top 20 no shows, and maybe 4 or 5 in the bottom, which is very good. Not to mention, voting seemed to be increased, so everything worked out well all around. Thanks to everyone on making this a good week, even though I wasn't around to baby sit. So it looks like Thursday is going to become the permanent duedate, keep that in mind folks, I hate giving fucking extensions, and as some found out, I aint online 24/7 to do so. (Sorry Mets :( )

Well, it seems some of the "big names" are signing out. Never worry, there is a never ending stream of aliases, and alot of new names like Tavarez and Brock Sampson doing their thang. Not to say theres no good names in, the league is looking dope as ever with people ranging from Username to Creatical all signed in, showing up and doing their thing.

Still, all in all, I was worried about RBL at first, when I started modding and EVERYONE, literally EVERYONE signed in, I was worried I couldn't sustain that level of talent, and well, you guys prooved me wrong. RBL looking good as ever, and I got the ideas to keep it rolling.

Look out for another chance to remove a loss in the next week or 2. Until then, show up, vote up, and let's continue proving why RM is to battling as the World Series Of Poker is to poker. Fuck a project rhyme joke of a league. If you wanna make a name for yourself, join the RBL, beat down Headless Verseman and reap in the net fame.
    test
  2. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

THE RBL Cypher

Wow. Major fucking props this week, to everyone who dropped in the RBL Cypher and catapulted it from being a small cypher, into being the only cypher on the net worth posting in.

In large part I owe this to User, and his motivating of people by dropping 80 lines of dopeness in there this week. For that, he recieved win of the week (granted rules say you can only post twice).

The cypher recieved a record of 72 fucking posts, and I dont believe any were freeposts, so at the very least, at least Im giving cats something to do on the side of the RBL to make it a little more fun, which was my precise aim in making it to begin with. So mission accomplished, and Ill pat my self on the back. ;)

Major props to Butler, User, Creatical, out Write, Ribonuclease, Defcon_5, E Tha Real for dropping mad dope shit. Infact, there is more shit in there to quote than I can quote, for the fact that people will merely skip over it, but props.

Fuck it, this shit was so dope, I'ma take off some losses from anyone I quote below. As for Out Write, you win bottom half of the cypher, and will have a win added.

Props to everyone in the cypher, this was just the tip of the iceburg, and my favorite lines. Some wordplay, some simple yet effective. But yo, lol try and keep the post amounts down lol.
    test
  3. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

THE RBL Faggot

Whats this mag without me calling out a couple homos? Well first of a fuck you to Calefaction and anyone else who didn't vote this week. Im at least giving Cale a chance to redeem himself. YOu faggots on alias who think your above it wont have that same opportunity, yeah you Atlantis. Your Island copying ass might wanna post 10 links this week, if you even wanna stay in the league, fucking faggot.

Next, and once again is RBLs posterboy newbie HEADLESS VERSEMAN. Congrats on being the biggest faggot 2 weeks in a row.
    Lets sum up his battle this week. both post, headless gets shutout 10-0, Headless bitches, sways & claims none of the voters knows anything, headless signs out (thus ruining some newbs chance of beating him and garnering netfame next week) claiming he has school work or some shit, but really, it cant be taking more than 2 minutes to write them verses dog?
    With you out the league, this column might die next week :(

I sure am glad you discounted me and oneduhs votes before the match started, as if it would make a difference losing 12-0 or 10-0. At anyrate, I dont vote on ANY battles, ever.

Props on this shit tho

That shit was good, but dissing me in a battle against someone else, only makes you look more a fool, and contributes to your loss.

But Pz out headless, I suggest you start stacking some punches, and when you return you might be able to write a half way decent verse.
    test
  4. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

THE RBL No Show Shine

Aight, ima change this section up. From now on, Im just gonna quote good lines from no show verses, aint nobody sitting here reading mad no show verses.

mr. bean look alike or an arab version of jon b isn't wittty at all
    last week he had more trouble facing Cale then biggie smalls
    E Tha Real Vs Phryme

He's claim he's dope, but damn oz why would you send me a liar?
    We all know cats wear ae out, so you can save me the preppy attire
    Agent Oranges Vs Erel Event

step aside, or get stomped till you lose your breath and die..
    and the crime scene will get taped over like the 'Best of Cri'
    I've seen you stomped many times, its my mission to mention..
    to chalk up your losses you'd need all of Bart Simpsons detentions.
    Ribonuclease Vs Criteria

Props to all, and negative props to Butler, C'mon, you could have posted something for me to quote. A good nameflip, SOMETHING!

Other than that, it wasnt too many no shows to choose from, let's keep this ever popular trend of not no showin, going.
    test
  5. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

THE RBL Top 20s Punchlines
    [hide]

This kid got bitches all over the country, got bids? place em here
    Got a Damon New York who just cut her hair and shaved her beard
    Mic Illah Vs Headless

let's speak on ya rank..it's pretty obvious bitch
    u won't get a single digit like when u holla at chicks
    Defcon_5 Vs Creatical

Cre the highlight kid, king of the replay
    I’ll slap you around so much Kay Slay’d think you were my favorite DJ
    Creatical Vs Defcon_5

this kids a biter, & if u didn't know this much
    when battlers say 'spit that
    they don't mean their dopest punch
    Brock Sampson Vs Spit That

OH HELL NAW, looks like you just said fuck it dood..
    how you gon talk about bitin? you copied and pasted the personals Butler used
    But..Dem..and many more..I dont mean to rattle you
    but ive beat heads who've beat heads who wouldnt even fuckin battle you
    Spit That Vs Brock Sampson

He COULD win it, but the way that I clowned this geek
    It'd be an uphill battle...like a tear tryna roll down his cheek
    Young Philly Vs UserName

Completely naive, gay as hell and dumb as a rock, fucka
    Sucked ya own dick, cause I told you to suck a cock, sucker
    Anchor Vs Calefaction

the movement is massive, thanks to his hair, we know the fool is a faggot
    thats a more fucked up Ceasar Cut, than any delivered by Brutus or Cassius
    --UserName vs Young Philly--

Stop claimin ur dope, just with that name it's a nope..
    I'm sailin to a win, so anchors away? no, he's still aimin for votes..
    Calefaction Vs Anchor

Called me a Goat? Wow, I’d come at ya throat now
    but if me being a dick was the case, you’re ready to blow trial
    BlackDef Vs Flowetic
    [/hide]

What's Wrong With The RBL'

--By Oz--

Now-a-days cat's aint concerned with writin & winning
    Their more worried if their opponents biting & flipping
    & If ya writing real personals, cat's might feel some
    But fakes usually get more attention than the real ones
    & If ya were ever slain quick by a lame bitch
    With played shit
    Not to worry, dudes prolly got 1 hell of an aim list
    Now we at a record low of people gettin no show wins
    Yet erryone waits til last minute, hopin dudes no showing
    5 Days to write, ya know what ima mention
    How could anyone possibly need a fucking extension?
    Cats catch a loss, & sign out the door in their shame
    Dunno why the fuck Im bitchin, its all just more of the same ;)
    test
  6. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

THE RBL Bottom 20s Punchlines
    [hide]^and im serious about the change..clear observation
    Coz u only joined B- B o Y s'..thinking it was about that operation

Muffy Vs Nique

we can box for my style that u jocked, ud get broke n clipped
    but the only ring ud get in with me is on AIM..for votes an shit
    u wont sell shit or move units an ya album wont shelf stores
    all king moves in the game are limited to a chess board
    Super Vs King

Box office comedies aint watcha need, alright
    But if ya wanna see the benchwarmers..
    ... then just watch Super's family sleep at night
    King Vs Super

He's a psychic with his name, i wonder how it felt to see
    That his name used to be FUR....then he caught his first L to me
    Atlantis Vs Furl

After I spit ya won't know the path ya should choose,
    Cuz I'll diss the fuck out you, & afterwards the abstinence too.
    Nebs Vs Lampoon

& when dealin wit Out, shells are fillin ya mouth
    Id murder him, But he already talks 'bout killin himself
    but ill fuck wit ya health, cuz ya text is unbearable
    sorry yall, I wouldnt of said 16 if i knew he was terrible
    Out Write Vs Slay Eddie

While I’m flippin the bill…ya streaks over, my flowing is tighter
    He knows he lost, the bitch s’got every other post in the cypher
    John Nash Vs Bill Lauden

A dude named Mickelson raps??
    Fuck it… you couldn’t pick a decent Username in the title match
    Amaze Vs Mickelson[/hide]

Props to the bottom 20 again. Very few no shows, a bunch of good matches, good voting all around, great job this week. Ill be happy to see alot of you make it to the top 20. Actually, a few of you made top 20 this week. Congrats on that, it's not as easy as it used to be...
    test
  7. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

The RBL Power Rankings

10. Creatical
    Last Week (10)
    Cre might have fell off here this week, but he really deserves to be here, even with a loss. He dropped some flames in the cypher, and is still in the top 15. Just needs to think them verses out a little more, and make sure ya getting all quality lines, god knows you can write em.

9. Anchor
    Last Week (7)
    Alias lost some steam losing to calefaction, but has assured me he aint going no where yet. Aint no shame in losing to the alltime record holder of wins in the RBL. Look out for Anchor to make some waves this week, and coming weeks, just needs to stay away from counter plays that do little to help verses.

8. Versatile
    (New Entry {Kinda})
    Back in the power rankings. its Demik. If for nothing else, I enjoy his witty comments toward newbies in the sign in threads, but he is pretty nice. Tho I get the feeling he just throws shit together these days, if and when he should decide to try again, he might find himself higher on this list. Until then, keep me laughin.

7. Blackdef
    (New Entry)
    Ive always liked Blackdef, but since he signed in this time around, he been dropping something fierce. Its like a whole new blackdef, hungry and shit lol. Some of the best lines in the league, and has a way of taking simple shit, and making it ill. Look forward to seeing him in the title matches soon.

6. Spit That
    (New Entry)
    My first league champ, and becoming one of my favorite battlers in the league. I like his witty personals, and occassional plays off verses. Spit is dope to me, but has a tendency to come wack once in a while, so long as he avoids that, he should be able to have a chance at another title shot. Possibly the first 2x champ of my leaugue??

5. E Tha Real
    (New Entry)
    E is a dope battler, real creative and got some good personals. Dont get the respect he deserves, think he might have been a champ when the league was bullshit? Well, he has his chance to prove he is champ material against Calefaction this week, so he is gonna need his best verse ever to overcome both the name and the verse.

4. Defcon_5
    Last Week (9)
    Surprised me shutting out Creatical this week, not that Def is bad, but I really like Creatical lol. Defcon can come pretty nice as he showed this week, looks like he been actually trying again, plus he taken a few wins in the cypher. Defcon might finally be in power ranks to stay.

3.Calefaction
    Last Week (5)
    Up to contendership. Cale put down a beating on the anchor alias last week, and he will need to sustain that heat to continue winning, and win his title again. E Tha Real this week, no push over, But Cale should be able to pull the win.

2. Butler
    Last Week (3)
    Well, Butler is in the title match, one of the better battlers in the league who actually has a chance in beating UserName. Granted he won by no show this week, he might've beat Mets anyway, I dunno. Im hoping for a good pic battle this week.

1. UserName
    Last Week (1)
    Yessir,up to 9-0. User not only stomped Philly this week, who came nice, he also ate up the cypher with 80 some lines of niceness and took a W in that too. User has a tough match this week, against Butler, whom he already beat, but I think Butler gonna put up a better fight this time. All hail the champion!

Late?
    Still, I'ma Hold It Down!
    test
  8. Versatile

Versatile Mr. Slip a Micky

hooray for power rankings!!!
    test
  9. Oneduh

Oneduh Guest

test
  10. Oneduh

Oneduh Guest

Or not..

I hate you demik lol
    test
  11. Con God

Con God New Member

dope mag oz. shit's up hella fast. i came back just expecting the threads to be closed and thats about it but everything and up. lmao

but on a serious note...

da fuck am I not in the archives for? I beat like half the people on it.
    test
  12. Versatile

Versatile Mr. Slip a Micky

studying for an 8 oclock exam all night *thumbs up*
    test
  13. U S E R

U S E R NON-DOHPE.squad

werd, props to everyone in the cypher with me

that shit was EPIC

and congrats to philly, win or lose... you still had some fresh shit. aint even nothing to be mad about.

yo butler, Oz said it first... he's lookin for the pic battle... so if ur down, im down.
    test
  14. U S E R

U S E R NON-DOHPE.squad

hit me on aim with some shit you think should get archived from ur previous rbl run, otherwise youll have to wait til u make it to the champ match
    test
  15. Spit That

Spit That aka ST

test
  16. Strike2

Strike2 Man Meets Creator

test
  17. E Tha Real

E Tha Real Real Life

good job OZ.
    test
  18. Defcon_5

Defcon_5 Relax and take notes

user vs butler pic match would be great this week

props on the mag yo....got the RBL poppin like it's never been poppin before

good shit oz and one
    test
  19. John Nash

John Nash New Member

props on the mag yo
    shits looking good mayne
    test
  20. Algebra

Algebra sooo classic

I'll be up there soon enough
    test
Thread Status: