RBL Mag

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Brown Jesus, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

Hey, sorry for the extreme lateness again. I had ridiculous amounts of work this week and last week; I think I averaged $250 a day, which is good for me. Another sleeper last week, only a couple battles showed; Gramur vs Rico eventually happened and I finally got my ass handled (pause) by SD. Another weeks of rematches ensues, so we'll see how that turns out. Some good additions for the Highlisghts this week, maybe even a real PotW :scared:. Sonny stays at the top of the Power Rankings for another week, but T.a.C is signing back in, so let's hope he can make some noise. I didn't get around to writing my article last week and nothing has changed this week :cry:; the basic idea I had was to clarify that I talk shit and I'm an asshole, and I have ideals that really don't mesh with the current situation concerning text-battles; however, I think this can only be good. I feel like we have a few guys that all have different ideas about how a text battle verse should be constructed; the variety is great. Also, I will be more on time with these. Since I'm only working 40-50 hours a week during the summer, I can spend more time on the Mag early in the week. That's the idea anyway. There is my short spiel. Enough chatter, onto your RBL Mag.
    test
  2. Brown Jesus

C. Sonny Daze(8-1)
    2. Brown Jesus(2-2)

I was thoroughly beaten by SD. I've been running on fumes for a few weeks tbh, not that SD wouldn't stomp me otherwise lol. I think it was pretty clear I lost last week, so... moving on...

:scared:

3. RicoSuave(3-2)
    4. Gramur(1-1)

What to say about this battle? It almost didn't happen, then it did, albeit with grossly mismatched verses, until it finally went down with decent verses. I could talk about this for a while, but you'd be better served just flipping through that battle.

Going over the battle again, and I feel like Rico's style of writing is just wierd to me. tbh imo I wouldv'e fliped a lot of your setup/punch sequences; I was feeling the setups conceptualy, then the "punchline" was kind of a let down.

This is a good example. After I looked at them this way, Iliked the verse more conceptually, but it still lacked impact. still have Gramur winning, but Rico's verse was better than I originally stated.

Gram had another decent verse; that Shang Tsung line was nice. I remember years ago, people would talk about my wording being bad; it probably still is, but I feel like I get it now. Then again, I go over my old verses and feel like the wording was bad; when I posted I felt like it was at least decent. The point is, I'm not sure anyone really knows what they're talking about when they say your wording needs work. That being said, I think it's your wording that keeps some of your concepts from cracking open their potential.

Gramur wins.

5. Calibre(1-3)
    6. Tacitus(0-0)

Double no show after Calibre's faggot ass was talking about showing on time so he could face SD again. Eat a dick tbh.

7. Ion Metatron(0-0)
    8. Get it Duhn(0-0)

Double no show.
    test
  3. Brown Jesus

C. SonnyDaze(9-1)
    2. Gramur(2-1)

The Three-match :scared:. Gram gets another shot at SD; SD gets another shot at extending what may be a record title run. I think we need to pull a vet out of retirement for a few weeks to kick his ass out of the #1 spot tbh :scared:

3. Brown Jesus(2-3)
    4. RicoSuave(3-3)

The rematch. Rico is ahead on me in our head-to-head battles. Let's see where this goes.

5. Calibre(1-4)
    6. P90Text(0-0)

Double no show. I'm clairvoyant.
    test
  4. Brown Jesus

Last Weeks Highlights

I'm better for the win. So you know this lame's doomed
    His soul purpose is to lose so I'll snatch it like my name was Shang Tsung
    Gramur

I didn't grant you an extension because the only thing I like extended is my Clips
    Talk shit, it dont phase me a bit, If your “Lance”ing, Ill have this homos wrist slit
    Rico Suave

Punchline of the Week

http://board.rapmusic.com/emcee-hoo...e-again-n-i-will-re-arrange-ur-face-duke.html

:drakecheese:

http://board.rapmusic.com/rapmusic-...week-38-5-calibre-1-4-vs-6-p90text-0-0-a.html

[​IMG]

Verse of the Week

Battle of the Week

lol Both for showing

:cry:
    test
  5. Brown Jesus

Power Rankings

5. P90Text

Gets the edge on name

4. Brown Jesus

King Shit tbh

3. Rico Suave

Aside from Rico and I, I would just flip the rankings.

2. Gramur

2nd best in the League tbh

1. Sonny Daze

Easiest part of the Mag tbh
    test
  6. Brown Jesus

Outro

It's my birthday today; I turn 30 :scared:. I wasn't going to skip a week, though, so this is all I could get this week. That being said, I'm really excited to have time to write the Mag next week. I want to post the Mag on Wednesday at the latest; it's a shame that I haven't been able to be more regular. I promise you guys the next 13-16 weeks will be much better than the last as far as the Mag is concerned.

On another note, I want to keep any suggestions for any possible changes to the rules. A check in rule and deadlines are a couple examples; I want some input from you guys, because we are going to follow them to a T. Keep it in mind, I will raise the idea as the season comes to a close.
    test
  7. SonnyDaze

SonnyDaze 7 train heavyweight

Couple ideas from me....

-Check in by midnight Wednesday
    -Verse deadline by midnight Friday
    -Minimum of 12 lines
    -If a bar limit is agreed to but the first poster goes under that limit for whatever reason, the second person should be able to post the original number of agreed upon lines. (e.g. Gramur and I agreed to 24, he posts first with 20, I would be able to do 24)
    test
  8. Brown Jesus

Damn, not even a happy bday? Whatta fag!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.