RBL Mag

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Brown Jesus, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

Introduction

Welcome to another week of your RBL Mag. Summertime is upon us, and with that I will be able to do these more on time. Thank you to everyone that showed up last week, T.a.C and I appreciate that. Some good battles, and some surprising results tbh. I thought Cal beat Sonny, Beyond dropped VotW material, and Rico and I battled after out back and forth. This week should be another good week; I think we have some interesting match-ups. Sonny and Rico in a rematch, Beyond. facing Gramur in what should be a good one (if Beyond. shows :cry:), and Cal and I will battle this week after our back and forth in Hook Ups. Highlight will be somewhat small again, but hopefully that changes as more people have time in the summer. Some vertical movement in the Power Rankings and some arguable lateral movement. I'm going to chat about the RBL Tourney that will happen in a few months, kind of a town meeting thing. I want to know if you guys have any suggestions for the tourney. Without further ado... your RBL Mag.
    test
  2. Brown Jesus

Review

C. Sonny Daze(6-1)
    2. Calibre(1-1)

This was clearly BotW last week. This was a matchup between two almost diametric styles. Sonny always has creative lines, working in nice wordplay/similes/etc; whereas Calibre is more personal, focusing more on humiliating his opponent than sounding witty. Don't get me wrong, they both are nice, and in a way, they both incorporate both styles, but... yeah. Sonny had a pretty dope verse, but his lines were getting really stretched; if you don't know, I'm big on verse with clear flow and shorter lines. Calibre dropped a pretty good verse and if Beyond hadn't dropped a gem, might've had VotW imo. The voters disagreed with me and made a mockery of the so-called "Peoples Champ," and Sonny retains the title.

3. Brown Jesus(1-1)
    4. RicoSuave(2-1)

I refuse to Recap my battle last week tbh

5. Breathless(8-24)
    6. Burd.(0-0)

Breathless wins by no-show and loses on links. If you no show, I am going to obliterate your pm inbox; you'll have to register a new name and hide it from me.

7. Doseof happypill(0-0)
    8. Beyond..(0-0)

Beyond by no-show, thanks for voting. Beyond. had VotW.

9. Allen Knight(0-0)
    10. Gramur(0-0)

Gramur wins by no show, thanks for voting. Gramur had a nice little verse; some of those lines were nice conceptually, but you have slight wording issues. I'll give you some feedback, but I don't have any better solutions than you did on some lines.

really you're brave to face me, Ima king bringing distress
    and a knight is nothing but a pushover like this was chess

Thought the concept was good, but this one was hard for me to reword without competely reworking the punchline.

confess it...you're gay bro...prove me right if you beg to differ
    Allen's crossover was swifter than that 76'er

Me likey. The rest was eh to decent. Good shit, Gram. I hope Beyond shows and we can get a decent battle.
    test
  3. Brown Jesus

Preview

C. Sonny Daze(7-1)
    2. RicoSuave(3-1)

The Rematch. Rico is probably pissed that he lost last time, and should bring some good material. Sonny usually has good material, so Rico doesn't have much of a choice. I think that Sony take this and retains his title again.

3. Beyond…(1-0)
    4. Gramur(1-0)

This will be a good test for Gram; he is facing a vet that is pretty dope. Bring your A game, Gram. If Beyond shows, I have him winning this week.

5. Calibre(1-2)
    6. Brown Jesus(1-2)
    7. Breathless(8-25)

After the last few weeks, Cal and I have been going back and forth in Hook Ups; go check it out, I was going HAM tbh. That said, we both have some desire to win this one. Additionally, Cal is emotinal about losing last week, so who knows. I think Breathless wins by shut out.

:scared:
    test
  4. Brown Jesus

Highlights of Last Week

confess it...you're gay bro...prove me right if you beg to differ
    Allen's crossover was swifter than that 76'er
    Gramur

But you can clown the Mag, we all know it's rushed and sloppy,
    But in this run-in, you're Santorum for Pres and I'm fuckin' Rocky,
    Brown Jesus

Since Im sweet, Its only right that with 16 lines I end this homos career
    Because the last time Jesus saw a Sunny Day, he made rainbows appear
    Rico

You'll die when I pop a cap N don't LIE like you hot at raps,
    them rhymes that you drop are trash. .
    . . N there's no way ill lose to the GUY who lost to the GUY who lost to TAC!
    Calibre

I'm proving ya wank, No one here approves of ya rants,
    Even looks like the MAG ain't been produced with a PLAN
    . . Cos it had nothing to say about a league with YOU AS its champ!
    Calibre

Now I'm Whoring ya stuff, ur treading the wrong path N I know being cautious is tough. .
    But you looking to come with a HENS style and still Look more like a DUCK!
    Calibre

Aint faced a Champ. .u 6-1. .? but I bash N abuse victims. .
    . .So stay praying on a 7th 'day' Like practicing Judaism!
    Calibre

How you figure your hard. . I spit hot to sizzle ya bars,
    Everything you're spitting is garb. .
    . . you're nothing but a 'Fake ASS 'rapper -I'm thinking nikki minaj!
    Calibre

You see I never dodge challengers, so why would I dodge caliber
    You’re just another model to cross off this week when I look at my Dodge calender.
    SonnyDaze

And I couldn’t give a fuck if no else caught that. This faggot needs to fall back.
    4 years younger than Prince William, but would die to lick his ballsack.
    Sonny Daze

Half ass anything against me and you’re knocked out with a hard right
    Fuck your alias, you’ll regret “going back to Cali” more than Biggie did on March 9th.
    SonnyDaze

Punchline of the Week

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Verse of the Week

Battle of the Week

http://board.rapmusic.com/rapmusic-...hamp-c-sonny-daze-6-1-vs-2-calibre-1-1-a.html
    test
  5. Brown Jesus

Power Rankings

5. Calibre

He'll be off this list next week tbh

4. Gramur

If he can stay consistent, he will contend for the title.

3. Rico Suave

He simply can't be any lower.

2. Beyond.

Beyond is just that good.

1. SonnyDaze

This one is always easy.
    test
  6. Brown Jesus

Outro

As I mentioned, this article will focus on some feedback for the RBL Tourney. My rough ideas, that I haven't run by T.a.c yet, is:

32 participants max
    Participants must either have been in RBL or pass the qualifying round.
    20-30 line max
    Panel of Judges
    4-5 day rounds

I want it to be fast paced with little down time. The 32 man max is pretty much a management thing, but I'm fine with more if the interest is there. I'm committing at least 50 bucks to the winner. So brush up and get writing. Tell your friends to sign up to get a feel for writing and enter to win some cash. In addition to the Tourney, I wanted to have like a Royal Rumble Punchline tourney kind of thing go on to keep the mood light; and maybe keep people interested in the tourney even after they lost. If we do this, I'll toss 5 bucks to the winner of each of these events in addition to the Grand :)scared:) Prize. If any of you ever have ny ideas/suggestions/etc, let me know via pm/email, or better, this thread so we can get a discussion going.

I mentioned in the Lounge that I'm going to be insanely busy with clients until the 13th, so the Mag will definitely be late (what else is new :scared:). Summer is my down time since I'm in the education industry, so I will be able to do this more regularly.

I hope you enjot this edition of your RBL Mag. Have fun and vote.
    test
  7. SonnyDaze

SonnyDaze 7 train heavyweight

You have any ideas as to how you would seed participants for the tourney?
    test
  8. Brown Jesus

Nope. Win percentage? Aliases mighty be a problem, though.
    test
  9. SonnyDaze

SonnyDaze 7 train heavyweight

Well I guess there's still time to figure it out. Gotta see how many former RBL members join then how many newbies and go from there. The ground rules look pretty solid though.
    test
  10. Brown Jesus

Yeah, I just wanted you guys to know what's going on. I'm sure T.a.C will work his "magic" and get us a site wide announcement, too. So I'm hoping for a good turnout from people all over the site; RBL verses take a lot less time than RSTL verses and it loks like they're doing ok with signups. I'll be talking about it in the Mag's as time goes on.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.