RBL Mag vol. 5

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Master Peace, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john hensley

john hensley 7xRBL

especially in situations where your opponent posted their verse much earlier, and someone still waits till the last minute to post. but there's alot of variables i'd imagine, and posting early leaves yourself open to that.

the truth is I haven't even read the Rev battle, so I don't know what the feeding was, I just heard that Rev fed lol.

But I still think feeding is worse. Because the battle is all about verse against verse, and if you have the ability to use what the opponent dropped to your advantage, then it's an unfair advantage over your opponent.
    test
  2. john hensley

john hensley 7xRBL

I see this point of view as well, when I first started verses were graded off alot more than what the concept of the line was. Flow, rhyme scheme, even advanced multi's were graded in each vote.

But punchlines to me have always been the main point of a battle, and be it fortunate or unfortunate, over time leagues have transferred from being about flow, imagery, and the other characteristics, to who just has the more creative and original disses. Now I grade most of my votes based off of what lines had the most impact to me, and I usually will go for the verse that had a smoother appeal, better wording, and more creativity in their concepts.

I think originality, and lines being called played is what's put such a big emphasis on punchlines being what's considered the more important part in current text battling.
    test
  3. MetaSin

MetaSin I Don't Believe In You...

I always wait til the last minute, or atleast last day, cuz I'm a procrastinator. lol. I spend a lot of time doin everything else, and always worry about this last.
    test
  4. john hensley

john hensley 7xRBL

Yeah, I don't usually write until the last day either. I might get some good ideas throughout the week and jot them down, but when I write my verse I have to feel that sense of urgency or else I don't feel as motivated to write.

I know that pisses people like E tha Real off haha, but It's just the way I've always been.
    test
  5. E Tha Real

E Tha Real Real Life

one hour before deadline, I'm putting up 20 more lines then. lolol

j/p
    test
  6. john hensley

john hensley 7xRBL

E, what I don't get is if you don't like waitin, why don't you just save your verse until the deadline anyways? I mean, unless you both agree on posting early.
    test
  7. MetaSin

MetaSin I Don't Believe In You...

nah, Ima write soon. I got some lines in my head... I just happen to busy workin on a beat/mixin a song.
    test
  8. Defcon_5

Defcon_5 Relax and take notes

lmmfao@rev tryna make excuses for feeding talkin bout the second person has the advantage..yeah u have the advantage of readin ya opponents verse then coming up with your own stuff that is better..but nigga u fed directly off his verse in ya opener then u actually quoted a line from his verse and wrote a few words after that to try to turn it around and diss him....u bitch doin bitch moves..simple as that
    test
  9. dizthachozen1

dizthachozen1 ...free your mind...

^that's some funny shit right there...real emcees don't give a flyin fuck when, where or even why...real just does. i ain't carin if i go first or last. a real emcee knows that they've put their best effort out there so it doesn't matter when the verse gets dropped. self forseen quality. it's ya swag...a demeanor that epitomizes "I will not lose". that killer instinct.
    real has nothing to do with droppin second, because if you feel you're going to win in the beginning, you should feel you're goig to win no matter what order your verse falls, first or second.
    some one said that the whole idea is to humiliate your opponent...exactly right...every line you get a chance(make sure it rhymes...the more it rhymes, the better. niggas don't get into multi's(3, 4, and 5 rhyme couplets)---lamen's terms:
    a two line bars with more than just rhyming the last word of each line.
    niggas here don't consider that to be a battling skill at all.
    in my eyes, if you're just rhyming the last word of every bar...you're not doing anything special...uh...it's 2008.
    rap has been around since 1978. you mean in 30 years, we're still astonished and amazed by one word rhyme couplets? sugar hill gang, afrika bambataa, furious 5, funky 4 plus 1, i mean we're talkin about a rhyme template that's older than half the cats on this site, and that's what is hot now? KRSone, big daddy kane, rakim...all real emcees that have pioneered the multiple rhyme couplet from out of the simpler 'run dmc' style transcendant into the patterns and rhyme schemes of some of the illest lyricists today. eminem, canibus, immortal technique, talib kweli, mos def, xzibit, pharoe monch, jay z, nas, AZ, even biggie and pac! don't get me wrong, if you use multi's and no punches, then u belong in open mic, not the RBL. and yeah, ya shit needs to be wittedly worded.
    take from it what you will, but the bottom line is humiliate your opponent. the more witty the wording is and complex the rhyme scheme, the better. funny helps, but as long as it's more humiliating than it is funny. that's just my take, son.
    unfourtunately for me that's how i write and i won't stop. if they don't like it, fuck'em. that's me and i ain't changin for no body.
    the feeding issue? man it's like this, if you want to use the previous verse for ammunition in your verse...whatever. not really an issue to me. that comes with the territory of postin first...everybody knows that. if you drop first, be prepared to have your verse fed on. now if it comes to the point where they've re-flipped concepts, re-worded and repeated every line? that's different. that's biting. re-flipping a concept into a better worded punch from the first verse is biting. plain and simple. gaining a new concept out of what your opponent said is different. that's being cunning. fine line, but the difference is easily noticable.
    test
  10. Axeshun

Axeshun Chop Chop...

wtf?...why did you type all of that?
    test
  11. dizthachozen1

because niggas have lost track of what battle rappin is.
    no one seems to know what they're doing anymore. they all need poiters, insight and all that shit.
    maybe me postin all that can get them to realize the one thing that is most important:
    Do You and bring something new to the table...innovate.
    test
  12. Axeshun

Axeshun Chop Chop...

Dude, this is a text league...but I understand what you're saying.
    test
  13. Pivotal

Pivotal yo

i dont understand how you cats vote..i mean on my old english battle websites we voted for who was stronger line for line..o an btw i dont see wats forced in my verse 'there a problem with accents or summin..i dont like to go on about my battles if im losing but seriously theres too many biasts.
    test
  14. dizthachozen1

text yes, but it's still 2008. do we all have to be condemmed for bringing something else than the norm around here?
    test
  15. Pivotal

Pivotal yo

looks like im gonna have to change my style for you american cats
    test
  16. John_Dough

John_Dough New Member

roflz @ all this
    test
  17. don killa

don killa New Member

Shit neva changes an' ppl will ALWAYS be unappreciative or critical o' othas.I jus hate when someone is good at somethin' or "think" they are good they get all gassed up an' offended when someone says somethin'.POINTER OF THE WEEK "Get over yourselves already." I seen a couple shots in my direction readin' through all this but ya'll know what, I'ma be an adult, show some dignity an' whistle as I walk out.Good day ta ya'll.
    test
  18. E Tha Real

E Tha Real Real Life

that was shorter... see you're making progress.
    test
  19. John_Dough

John_Dough New Member

instead of everyone bickering over the semantics of what's played out, I think we should focus a little bit more on the voting turnout. Me and anti can't get no love in our battle for starters...LMAO jesus
    test
  20. Pivotal

Pivotal yo

u voted against me so no....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.