RBL Mag vol. 5

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Master Peace, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revanon

Revanon Comeback of the Year.

there's NO RULE saying you can't feed...so kiss my ass..

I think you're 0-1...or some shit like that...so when you ever CATCH THE FUCK UP...

Your ass belongs to Revanon.

Oh believe it bitch.

Believe it.
    test
  2. lol.. I just find all of the arguing back and fourth to be very entertaining..
    test
  3. john hensley

john hensley 7xRBL

Feeding is pretty much wack as fuck, Rev. No offense to you, if it's not in the rules, then it's not in the rules.

You're sittin here last week sayin extensions are a bitch move, how about feeding?

It's a clear advantage.
    test
  4. Defcon_5

Defcon_5 Relax and take notes

nigga that was a no show loss u wack piece of shit...shouldn't u be prewriting 10 lines and waiting for ur opponent to drop next week so u can quote 6 of their lines and add a extra word to make it look like ur own diss..u seal lookin faggot
    test
  5. john hensley

john hensley 7xRBL

test
  6. Axeshun

Axeshun Chop Chop...

feeding is gay, imo...if your have to get the best out of your opponent by feeding off of they're verse, you're not battling, your voting.
    test
  7. Proof

Proof Jamaicans do errything

question for the masses-

is feeding worse then reading the 'level' of your opponents verse and then gettin to work?

i think that happens ALL the time as well.
    test
  8. Big Mack

Big Mack Boss

Yo if this was directed towards me, that's funny....how many albums you dropped? how many people copped it? how many felt it? Probably none. You're gonna stay on text battlin' leagues for a reason..Italitics and quotes don't flow in audio, bitch

If not then ignore all that shit I was talking bout ya.

I think Nasty and Master are doin' a good job man. If you got a problem cousin, suck a dick. I'll fly down to where you live, Don't make me get angry on you, I'm a white skinny rapper from the suburbs! haha

Peace!
    test
  9. Revanon

agree with Proof...

whoever drops second has an advantage..whether they take a direct shot at the verse or not.

But to John's credit..it's the "same boat" theory.

if we need to admend the rules..lets do it. But I know for a FACT cats have FED off my verse and no one has said anything...

last week it was the VERSE OF THE WEEK..this week it's FEEDING...

would this shit be an issue if I was 1-2 and losing? I don't think
    so.

oh and Defcon...that NO SHOW LOSS...and...that's who's fault?

step your game up.
    test
  10. The Purifier

The Purifier cleansin text of wackness

yo forget swaying accusations or whatever, I'm just confused, someone explain so I can understand this league's mentality better.
    I got no issue with you Rev, you came, n you dropped your verse.

I dont care about Rev feeding right now, and ok, I can see people say he had the better flow, but WTF? I thought this was a punchline battle? Anyone can flow, look at the 2nd part of the verse here if you just want flow:

http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=1094845

but surely in 2008 text battling is beyond the point where who flows better wins?

so yeah, please someone explain how punches like:

your two wins came from no shows, still you wasn't considered
    not even a punchline listed...now what's wrong with that picture?
    how the fuck you gonna talk...what's wrong with this ni.gga?
    fuck a punch for a minute....really...what's wrong with you nig.gga?
    see you sluts always wanna talk like you somebody famous
    'you known to devour opponents'...who??? name em!
    when you finally had a challenge for you to stand by your swagg
    Prodigal son dropped a verse that got you handed your ass

are being considered as punches? I mean anyone can write a statement and make it rhyme, look

With skill like mine dude, I said, you'll get butchered, done in like cattle
    With skill like that, I wonder, Rev, how you WON ANY BATTLES

I'm honestly curious why are simple punches that any one can write without wit being liked here?

compared to punches like:

lus ya sexuality's more questioned than your punches on this rap forum
    kid's got wack hits, the other team only grudgingly let him bat for 'em
    I'm like my dad, got class, but YOUR fam's ranked the nastiest scrubbers
    s'like ya mom's the first to take dick, n Rev takes after his mother

u know where I'm at least trying to include at least 2 levels of wit, you know the saying bat for the other side and I'm sayin he has wack punches at the same time
    and takes after his mother means he inherits traits from, but also, in that punch meaning he takes the dick after his mother. (I really shouldn't have to explain)

so yeah I'm not sayin they're great, but they at least attempted wit, so yeah, I need to understand this league's mentality to decide whether I can even compete here. So yeah, if someone that knows what they're talkin about could explain, I'd appreciate it. thanks, cos I'm confused right now.

and sorry if y'all think this is swaying, I assumed it dont matter now since it seems rev has already won
    test
  11. Revanon

it's not really a punchline battle...it's a who's verse was nicer battle.

Respect to you to Purifier...

it's all based on the voters perception. If it was specifically a just punch driven contest then yes..your post has more focus and point to it.

but it's a battle...it's not specialized.

one thing i can tell you in the future..is just write to humilate your opponent..don't think of anything else...do you...and do that other nigga in...

plain and simple...whatever it takes...

cause cats will bitch...but that WIN is all that matters son...
    all that matters...
    test
  12. Proof

Proof Jamaicans do errything

Purifier-

That was the point I was trying to make earlier... it's not a punchline battle to some of us. It is a punchline battle to others.

There was a time, probably prior to when you started text battling, when a classic verse had to incorporate ALL of those elements to be successful.

Just as rap has digressed into a simpler form over the years, so has text battling. If all I was interested in was winning a battle for win's sake, I could easily drop a verse of 16 "witty jokes" and figure out a way to make the last word of each line rhyme.

But that's not what I consider to be quality. I think it's much harder to mix together believable swagger, wit, intricate rhyme scheme and spittable pace then it is to come up with 16 funny jokes that you can use as many words as you want to get your point across.

But as Rev said, do you. Whatever YOU determine to be a quality submission is all that matters at the end of the day. Peas.
    test
  13. E Tha Real

E Tha Real Real Life

aight Purifier if your battling just flow a line would look more like....

I cripple the dim-witted, don't you know my account triples six digits//
    I'll smack you with my balls and say the pimple on my dick did it//

vs.

your two wins came from no shows, still you wasn't considered
    not even a punchline listed...now what's wrong with that picture?

see the rhyme scheme here isn't even worth mentioning in my opinion, really I think your interpretation of flow is a simple A rhyme scheme, not AB with internal rhymes. with that being said... I feel everyone is going to read into battles differently. what you say is WIT, clever, creative others may think is simple.

I read the take after your mother line & was bored.
    i would've preferred, the wording to be different like maybe.

my dad has class - yours has class too, but the special ed & small bus go with it
    he takes after his mother. rumor is she produces techno beats while blowing dick

^much better in my eyes but it's all interpretation, just keep battling and do you.
    test
  14. The Purifier

I'm beginnin to see where y'all comin from, not that I agree, but understand a bit better. But E - the line you talkin about flow, wasnt my lines, so that's not MY interpretation of flow. MY interpretation of flow was what I linked in my other post

Problem I see is that the only way to be original these days is to incorporate creative wordplay or whatever - every word has been rhymed and all these simple disses have been done a million times. So how do y'all fit that together with what you're saying and voting for?
    test
  15. MetaSin

MetaSin I Don't Believe In You...

Why is it that you people "assume" I don't do music, just cuz I'm good at text?
    test
  16. Big Mack

Big Mack Boss

Dude, other cats feed off verses all the time. They feed off the signatures, their pics. What is gonna be next, you can't say the N word in here? Hell, even all the skinny white bald rappers say it on this place.

If it's gonna be done, then do it, but that is why a lot of cats wait to drop their verse, to flip what their opponent said back at them. That is why in freestyle battles you want to go second. You can flip what they said about their verse. I will use an easy one that everyone should know. "Jin aka Jin The Emcee" He said after being made fun of being the only asian rapper "Yo, you wanna say I'm chinese son, here's a reminder check your tips they probably say made in china."

You know if your a real Emcee you wanna go second, unless you have to drop early, which in most cases I do have to.
    test
  17. Big Mack

Big Mack Boss

ahhhhh cause you don't have a page up in your sig. If you do music fam, then I'm sure you'd have a soundclick or somein. You should be out there promoting that shit. Like "Man that's an ulgy baby, you should have been playing my cd, here have one it's free, cause this one's on me"
    test
  18. The Purifier

lmao @ if you're a real emcee you wanna go second. I think the main problem is cats mixing texting up with real rap. text's a different format completely, u cant compare it to real rap
    test
  19. MetaSin

MetaSin I Don't Believe In You...

I don't rap or produce under this name, so I don't feel the need to promote under this name...
    test
  20. E Tha Real

E Tha Real Real Life

speaking of going second... stop making me wait for a verse MetaSin.

:/
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.