RBL Mag vol. 5

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Master Peace, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defcon_5

Defcon_5 Relax and take notes

my issue if u feeding and nobody sayin shit..if ya'll r gonna have rules then have complete rules..and i don't respect people who have to read their opponents verse to think of lines to use against them..that's a pure bitch move
    test
  2. dizthachozen1

dizthachozen1 ...free your mind...

why can't we all just drop what we drop...vote on what WE like and let it go from there? what's with all the 'i need good feedback' and 'i want quality voters' and 'the corp runs the league' talk?
    fuck it...let your verses speak forthemselves. now i ask questions about votes and lines...but to just keep grueling on about how the league is geared towards your demise is preposterous. yall are better than that. especially you metasin. so what if the noobs -to you- don't know what a good line is...maybe that's just how they are...fuck it...the more you drop quality erses and lines, the more easily they'll recognize quality lines from garbage...but as you can see there is no expllaining it in words...ou just gotta drop and vote like everybody else...who gives a fuck about the feedback from the noobs...of corse their feedback isn't up to your standards...they're new!...hello...look-all i'm sayin is give it like 3 to 4 more weeks-all yall who have a problem with the league/mods/votes/feedback/newbs...etc-let the process better itself. it's runnin efficiently for now. the kinks and bugs will work themselves out.
    if you're worried that because of hate, newbs will beat out vets/garbage will beat out quality...just wait. that won't last forever. dopeness is dopeness and you can't ignore that. hell, that makes it that much more challenging. to ovecome all this adversity to become champion.
    i got a pair of jordans the other day and on the bottom reads:
    "Nothing of value comes without being earned."
    well, no matter how much of a vet you are or how well established your status is on RM, you are gonna have to really dig in and keep pressin to get to be champion in this league. maybe in your eyes, not because of the competition level...but that's semantics....all in the eyes of who's lookin.
    fuck it...just keep gettin busy like yall are and motor right on through this til it fixes itself as i said before.
    test
  3. Proof

Proof Jamaicans do errything

HEY HEY HEY! There's no room for logic and rational thought here! I'm never voting for you again.

Mer personal, I write for me. Learned a long time ago that what I value in a verse isn't what the masses do. I guess you could say I'm not versatile because I can't pre-plan what I'll focus on before writing. I love flow- if 4 lines contain 1 punch but were hard hittin with swag and a intricate rhyme scheme, I'd favor that to four consecutive punches that only the last syllable rhymed.

But that's me, I know that doesn't hold. Hell, it doesn't hold in real life battles, it's just my preference so I write to what I think are the gold standards.

Now with all that said, thank ya kindly for my shoutout from last weeks verse. I thought Rev's verse was tight as hell, but I've favored Rev's style since when he wasn't 'in style' anymore. I've never seen a cat catch that much backlash for consistently being top-tier. I thought Noble vs Don was the hardest battle to vote on, so I have no issue with that being the battle of the week. It was a lopsided week.

Anyways, me and Mariah are up, but no votes yet. Check it out, I enjoyed reading it.

Peace(i gotta headache so i'm mellow as hello)
    test
  4. E Tha Real

E Tha Real Real Life

Metasin are you saying I don't get 5 super cool textcee points for dropping early?
    test
  5. The Purifier

The Purifier cleansin text of wackness

you know the league's got voting problems when flow is brought up as the most important criterium
    test
  6. MetaSin

MetaSin I Don't Believe In You...

lol. No. I'm talkin bout the other stupid shit in the thread before u posted.
    test
  7. Axeshun

Axeshun Chop Chop...

wait, who are you guys arguing with? lol the pass page has been the same people talking...I just wanna know who you guys are talking to.
    test
  8. Proof

actually peeps that have been doing this text thing for much longer then you think that since this is rap... you know... even in text... that the verse should be spittable.

but it's always to each his own. Just don't try to shit on others criterias unless you have some text trophies sitting on your living room mantle.

It's not called a joke battle where the last word of each joke has to rhyme.
    test
  9. The Purifier

The Purifier cleansin text of wackness

eh, that's not just my opinion - it's the opinion of anyone that's been text battlin for a while and has done well. but whatever, keep doin your thing. I aint saying flow isn't important I'm saying it's secondary to actual wit and clownage
    test
  10. xX_NASTY_Xx

xX_NASTY_Xx Guest

not a keystyle league EXACTLY

and as far as the mag I remember a time when there wasn't a mag

there was a matchup preview or predictions and that was it

this is extra it doesn't have to be done but we do it

but all anyone can talk about is when they were in it it was great

the newb mods are gonna ruin it

how are we ruining it? first off we're not newbies cuz both me and mp have been here for 8 fuckin years and just because u dont remember us doesn't mean we dont know what we're doing or that we need to walk on eggshells around the former champs

I respect ur talent and know that most of u would destroy me but that has nothing to do with the way this league is run

I was in this league from 2000 through 2002 and on and off since then under various names ive ran a league for over 2 years by myself I know how its suppose to go down

all the suggestions u cats make I make a note of we can't change rules in he middle of the season the rules that have created issues will be addressed when this season is over

mp and myself had no input in tha rules we were just put here to enforce them

those rules that everyone keeps reffering to aren't the same rules that were there since the begining

the rules that are in place now are not there to cater to new head they are just different

thank u
    test
  11. Pivotal

Pivotal yo

wow you guys need to chill out lol..this shit aint that important
    test
  12. xX_NASTY_Xx

xX_NASTY_Xx Guest

I agree but there's a couple of heads that come at me like this is my job
    test
  13. MetaSin

*my bad...
    test
  14. John_Dough

John_Dough New Member

roflz yeah man after looking back at what I said I agree with u, shame on me...Matter fact in addition to losing your eternal vote I should be automatically docked 10 votes from my battle this week...LMAO

I swear proof, no matter how long we been gone for, things around here never change much do they...
    test
  15. xX_NASTY_Xx

xX_NASTY_Xx Guest

Met my brotha I was not talking about u

U have never come at disrespectfully and I listen to what u have to say

I'm talkin bout tha cats that come at me with that 'ur ruining our league' shit

Like I'm working under cover for the competition and all I want to do is destroy the league
    test
  16. Proof

lol, now thats funny. someone from 05 telling me about what people 'that have been text battling for a while' feel.

i'm not saying flow outweighs anything, i'm just saying there was a time when it was actually considered something important to strive for. fitting tight concepts and skills into spittable lines.

you know the good ol' days. before 2005 lmao.
    test
  17. Proof

hell nah they don't- i kinda like it that way, being the old wise guys.
    test
  18. MetaSin

then disregard that. My bad.
    test
  19. Oneduh

Oneduh Guest

If a line flows well.. Great.. That's a bonus.

But creativity is & always has been the most important factor
    test
  20. xX_NASTY_Xx

xX_NASTY_Xx Guest

^^^^ well said
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.