RBL Mag: Round 2/3 Recap

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Brown Jesus, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

I wanted tostart off with an apology for not getting last weeks Mag done. I'll be putting the Mag together today and tomorrow.

With that out of the way, I'm really bummed to see a no show this late in the Tourney. With Silentt out now, thing are actualy really interesting. I'll be recapping the last couple weeks, but there really isn't much left to report on. I still want to have that Punchline Tourney next weekend, so sign up below.

I need to voteon these matches, so I'll pick this up afterwards.
    test
  2. Brown Jesus

Round 2 Recap

1. Ski Mask vs 20. Synthesis

This was a couple of the tourney's finest going head to head. Syn had a lot of nameplays; I thought they were nice. Ski dropped a pretty good verse in response, though, and I think Syn's concepts got repetitive. Ski wins and advances to the Semi's

2. Eggo vs 15. King Nicholis

I hate to say that this one was probably done before it started, but... yeah, it was. Eggo even dropped a nice verse; good personals, punches, etc. Silentt dropped a clearly superior verse, though; better personals, punches, etc. Really, it was closer than I make it out to be. Silentt advanced to the Semi's.

3. T.a.C vs 12. Allen Knight

Allen Knight no showed; T.a.C advances to the semi's.

4. EKGenius vs 11. SonnyDaze

This guy is making me change my favorite to win. EKG has been dropping nice verses and it's pretty hard not to notice. I think EKG has had one of the tougher routes to the semi's, but he keeps proving my predictions wrong. Sonny dropped a lackluster verse and that wasn't going to cut it against EKG. EKG wins and advances to the semi's

6. BarZ. Vs 7. EyeurnMic vs 8. Coil grimly

Eyeurn no showed so this was betweem Coil and Phar. It was a good one, too. Coil had been carrying some momentum over the last few weeks and Phar is starting to get back into a rhythm. Phar dropped first and really had some nice lines. Even though Coil had a little extra time to write his verse, he still came up a little short. PharCyze advances to the semi's
    test
  3. Brown Jesus

Round 2 Highlights

I'm not with all that extra dancing, or acting a fool for the club to promote ya
    If I do step, catching them nigs sleeping, it's with a club that'll put em in coma
    Coil Grimely

Making your noses bleed like punches from Tyson during his prime in the ring
    Eyerun Mic ain't had a single good punchline since the late 80's with Don King!
    Coil Grimely

we seen ALL them concepts - why rap? u should have a change of heart
    with all them flips on double plays..... i'm thinking, you could be baseball star
    BarZ

now Eyeurns here, act'n tuff when last week proved ur Wack as fuck...
    cuz How da Hell, u rebuttal a Wack ass Line n make it Wacker than how Wack it was??
    BarZ

seriously, your hips switch n sway..! if ur fuk'n his broad - than ur flip'n gay
    or love baldies - cuz only long hair bitch making moves over mic is lil wayne
    BarZ

You’re style’s dated, lines basic and the long bars defines ancient
    So damn tired of that long Sonny stretch.. we started an Alaskan migration
    EKGenius

As I make this - an easy choice! Pulling out the stops on his weaker ploy
    But when Sonny pulls out a stop.. its to cross roads with little boys
    EKGenius

This man is feeble and gets no women since he packs a needle
    Since the closest threesome he got was champing against two active people
    EKGenius

This faggot takes so much dick, I cant say nothing controversial
    You stay gettin fucked in the throat like the bitch in the smoking commercial
    T.a.C

I'm a tyrant ya dead. shit talkins old I ain't even tryin my friend
    dog after I slander ya rep as Silentt. you'll just be known as Quiet again
    eggo

I'm indecisive with bitches. I test em n' give a critical answer
    I weigh my options.. yours fail the waist tape n' any physical standard
    eggo

I'll fry n abuse ya. looking for praise in a mag bet this guy is a loser
    been fishin for compliments so long deadliest catch may try n' recruit ya
    eggo

Punchline of the Week

So stop the self hype! Your substance lacking matter in this war in grammar
    Cus Son, you need to hop off your own nuts like Randy Marsh with cancer
    EKGenius

Verse of the Week

Battle of the Week

http://board.rapmusic.com/rapmusic-com-battle-league/1339448-rd2-1-ski-mask-vs-20-synthesis.html
    test
  4. Brown Jesus

Semi-Finals Recap

1. Ski Mask vs 15. King Nicholis

Silentt no showed and changed the whole dynamic of the remainder of the tourney. Ski Mask advances to the finals.

3. T.a.C vs 4. EKGenius vs 6. BarZ

This was a nice 3-way. BarZ droped first and set the stage with a decent verse and T.a.C followed with a sub-par, but passable effort. Then EKG came in and upset them both. Nice job, brotha. It's late in the tourney, so we only had 2 votes, but I think it was pretty clear. EKG advances to the finals.
    test
  5. Brown Jesus

Semi-Finals Highlights

this is apples n oranges... fruits n berries... TAC try and understand
    no hard feelings! cuz the last 3 bars wasn't a subliminal for a diet plan
    BarZ

fag! u gots some flame... i pimp hoes, fuck bitches n gets lotsa brain
    most guys like their head on point... now Tac, explain how u got that name
    BarZ

This ugly mother fucker cant pull any live lovers
    Picked up his last sex partner at a funeral…and needed the help of 5 others
    T.a.C

Pitiful.. Nick is scared my Lines'll bring back the past and script applause
    We already know U can't HandleBars the way ya couldn't handGrip a loss
    ski mask

Let the ink dry, they don't believe he can lose & put 'em on a Messiah tip
    But Nick Cannon minutes, & suffer from a Miscarriage on some Mariah shit
    ski mask

Verse of the Week

Thanks for showing up guys. I'm not giving out BotW this week, for obvious reasons.
    test
  6. Brown Jesus

Finals Preview

Ski Mask vs EKGenius​

After 4 rounds, we are now in the final round of the tourney. both of these guys have put together nice runs to get here, and I can't really make a choice on who's taking this last battle. If you would have asked me when the tourney started, I would've said ski takes EKG any day of the week; I'm not so sure anymore. EKG has been fucking up my predictions all tourney long, so I can't write him off here. Ski ended the season as Champ and proved he deserved the #1 seed by getting this deep in the tourney.

It's going to be good, bet on it. Good luck, guys, I'm really excited to see what happens. Get at my pms in the next week or so and let me know how you would like your prize money. I'm thinking Visa gift cards or something of that sort, but if you have a preference, let me know. Or, if you dgaf, I can make a donation in your name or something. It doesn't matter, I just want to reward you guys for a job well done.
    test
  7. Brown Jesus

Outro

Tourney is almost over, and we will be done with our first season of RBL. It's been a long road (see the timeline for more info), but it's been fun. I enjoyed writing the Mags and being a part of the rebirth of RBL.

I want to thank everyone that participated; without you guys, this tourney would not have happened and I appreciate that.

For those of you not involved in the Finals:

If you would like to be a part of a punchline tourney (or if you guys are even interested in one) sign up in the comments below. Winner will receive 10 USD. Only people that signed up AND showed in the first round are allowed to sign up. If you guys want it to happen, let me know and it will be a one day affair with 1 hour battles with strict deadlines. I want this done in one day.

I hope you guys enjoyed yourselves the last few weeks and I hope to see you guys in the upcoming season (more on that in next weeks Mag).

You guys have been awesome and I'm proud to be a part of this League. Thanks you all.

RBL Staff
    test
  8. ski mask

ski mask The Don

Good shit.
    test
  9. Young Philly

Young Philly Broad Street Bully

These dudes are fuckin trash...used to be a lot of competition here.

RIP
    test
  10. Smashal0t

Smashal0t Member

Rest in Piss....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.