RBL Mag (late edition)

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Brown Jesus, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

INTRO

Better late than never.

What’s up people. Brown Jesus is taking the week off and your boy SonnyDaze is stepping in to give insight on the happenings of our glorious league from Week 40.

6 of 10 battlers showed up last week so thanks to those that did. The two full battles that went down both could’ve rivaled for Battle of the Week.
    So check out all that there is to see. Aside from the summaries and previews, I added a little editorial piece at the end so especially peep that.

Chea!

[Ed: Thanks, SD. I will be adding bits to this, but Sonny did most of it. Say thank you, ladies.]
    test
  2. Brown Jesus

THIS WEEK’S BATTLES

4. Rico Suave vs. 5. Darric vs. 6. MisterE

1. SonnyDaze vs. Gramur vs. 3. the marshall

Gonna give Brown Jesus something to talk about if he chooses to complete next week’s Mag, so no battles will be broken down, but just wanted to say thanks to everyone who took the time to post a verse.

[Ed: A Preview? I guarantee my predictions are 100% :scared:]
    test
  3. Brown Jesus

STATE OF THE RBL ADDRESS BY YOUR CHAMPION… SONNYDAZE

Since I joined the RBL about 3 months ago, the league has taken a lot of hits…. A lot of vets have signed out, newcomers have signed in and no-showed, and a lot of quality battles haven’t gotten the views as well as votes that they’ve deserved… Finding time to write a quality verse each week can be taxing. T.a.C. and Brown Jesus have openly stated how busy their schedules keep them… I’m a recent college graduate that’s working full time now and am preparing for a big move in a month so I know the importance of keeping priorities in order as well…

Motivation has been hard for me to keep up during the weeks and I’ve contemplated signing out either upon my next loss or just out of the blue… I’ve decided to try and ride it out for the rest of the season and I think everybody else involved with the league should give it a shot too… Writing out 12 lines each week isn’t asking for too much and by keeping a solid core of battlers hanging around, we make the league more enticing to newcomers/returning vets… Besides, it never hurts to keep your skills sharp and look for new tactics to add to your personal arsenal.
    Just a little something something. See everybody next week.

-SD

[Ed: happy tears]
    test
  4. Brown Jesus

LAST WEEK’S SUMMARY

9. Ion Metatron vs. 10. GuT cHeCk

The two newcomers didn’t even show up to the weigh-in let alone put on their gloves to spar… “Get em da fuck outta here!”

Verdict: Double No-Show

[Ed: wtf]

7. Darric vs. 8. Armor King

Armor posted twice in the thread but didn’t find the motivation to drop a verse.... Darric posted a solid 12 lines. Had some good interior rhymes going on in his verse to go along with some solid punches… Disappointed that he didn’t choose to vote and then proceeded to sign out. He’s definitely got some skill and would be welcomed back certainly if he ever chose to return.

Line of the Battle:

..If what I heard is true, ..then I can't believe the nerve in you
    Con's battles are some of the worst I've viewed, .. if you bite him you deserve to lose
    -Darric

Verdict: Darric wins with lines but loses for not voting.

[Ed: wtfffffffff]

5. Rico Suave vs. 6, T.a.C.

Both were coming off split decision losses but decided to keep things low key by going 12 lines…Interesting battle here and seemingly a toss up as the votes were split 2-2. Basically the battle came down to a matter of style preference: T.a.C.’s technicality vs. Rico’s humor/creativity… T.a.C. ended up conceding defeat by not voting and signed himself out after surprising back to back losses…

Lines of the Battle:

I pitch dick to bitches, this poser turns em to dozers
    Cuz they call my shit long relief, You cant even be a closer
    -T.a.C.

You were never a threat, how can you say your a Vet, when ur flow is as old as cassettes
    A moment of silence for the death of Tac's 3 bar set................................ ...........................
    -Rico Suave

[Ed: T.a.C cried on LP's shoulder for a week after those 2 L's]

3. DarkQuest vs. 4. The Marshall:

A lot of yapping from multiple parties in this one but in the end Marshall did what was necessary to win by posting a no show verse and voting on the other battles… DarkQuest’s no show was a surprise considering how aggressive he came in his debut a week before… Wouldn’t mind seeing him return with Darric soon.

Verdict: The Marshall wins

1. SonnyDaze vs. 2. Gramur:

The championship battle as well as rematch number ???? between us. I’ve lost count… Anyways, a family emergency required me to post earlier than I wanted too. I played it fairly safe with my concepts but I don’t think it’s hard to tell a few of my lines were lacking… Gramur had a lot of good wordplay going on in his verse and was consistent with his punches… Regardless of who should’ve won, I don’t think things were settled properly with the verdict, but it was out of our control.

Lines of the Battle:

It’s sad he’d rather trade pics with a dyke than exchange licks on the mic
    He got hers and said “Fuck a battle, I’d rather masturbate then just write”
    -SonnyDaze

I bet he's wild and delirious. The Championship, I'm takin it
    ^Cuz he Ravin' and bound to come up shorter than Cundiff against the Patriots
    -Gramur

Verdict: Draw
    test
  5. Brown Jesus

Etc. etc.

Power Rankings will be in the Mag I will post (write? :scared:) shortly; didn't really make sense to include one here. A little spiel on our 2 week break will also come in the "current" Mag. Once again, Thanks SD for doing this.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.