RBL Mag Issue 3 Volume 1

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Brown Jesus, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

RBL Mag Issue 3, Volume 1

Welcome back! Last week was Spring Break for most of you guys. That being said, I'm very happy to say that most of the participants showed up (except for -MV- :homo: and Hensley :cry: :scared:). I didn't get around to an interview last week, it was a real hectic week for me. Sorry, guys. We will still have our expanded Recap, though. The Preview will be filled with more new faces, so bear with me. The Highlights section will include a Battle of the Week (BotW) from now on. So instead of the standard recap, that battle will get a slightly deeper breakdown. I'm extremely excited to see more and more people signing in! I will try my best, but if it continues, our Highlights will become a Top 10 or 20. Unless you guys want to take some ownership of the Mag and make this particular section a community effort. For now, it isn't necessary, but, Sign In's are looking better every week. I'll make more of an effort to get that interview done for next week. Keep on showing and voting.

Editors note (I.e. me): this Mag is junk. I didn't put in the time early in the week, and my week killed me. You guys did your job and deserve a better mag than this. I'll put one together for next week. In the meantime, you get this weeks Mag.. and it sucks.

:cry:
    test
  2. Brown Jesus

Recap

Holla Hutch vs Saner HxS

Battle of the Week. Got to love the BotW coming from an 0-0 vs 0-0 battle.

Bruce Lerone vs -MV-

-MV- no showed. Bruce dropped a decent verse, with some ok punches. Unfortunately he didn't post links :cry:. I thought your reign check line had potential, but your wording was funky, but I can dig it. The Kwame line was kinda forced, again it's the wording; sometimes the wording in your verse takes away from the impact of the punches you put together. Try and focus the wordplay a little more; e.g. what draft is passing him? I think the 'heat'/'first round' was working, though.

Bruce Lerone win by No Show, but Loses on Links (LoL? :scared:).

Breathlesss vs Lyrical Priest

This was interesting; this was the hardest battle to vote on this week. LP took more shots than Breathless, and probably should've won; I personally think it should have been a tie. Neither had any quoteables really, but, like I said, LP was at least taking shots. That 9th bar line was kinda funny, but... yeah.

Breathlesss wins, but Loses on Links

Tbone vs Brown Jesus

Someone needs to recap my battles :cry:.

Anyway, tbone dropped a nice verse. Definitely deserved the win. Dude has some nice punches, good wording, and a natural flow to his verse.... I'm kinda worried my record is going to look like Breathlesss' after this week :scared:.

Sorry tbone, two weeks straight against me means your recaps will suck =(

Gee Willikers vs Jai Z

I expected more from this battle. I think I previewed it as BotW. Both had decent material, but, they both also had some weak lines. I felt Jai's wording was weird in a few spots and it took away from the impact of her punches. That netcees lines was pretty dope. The my 16 punch was badly worded and forced; comma having good luck was the stretch. Speaking of stretch... wow. Your quote button line had potential.

Gee had his first couple punches. That Streisand shit made me laugh. The closer was cool too. You really just had a more consistent verse; your lows wweren't as low as Jai's. That Bond line, though... I thought it was worded badly, but, I wasn't getting down conceptually, either.

Gee won this battle.

T.a.C vs John Hensley

T.a.C win by no show

test
  3. Brown Jesus

Preview

Sonny Daze vs Young Philly cs Gramur

Haven't seen anything by the other two, but Gram is usually dropping decent verses. Gram should take this one.

Hawkh2e vs C Price

Another set of unkowns. No prediction.

Saner HxS vs Holla Hutch

Whoever votes wins this one.

Breathless vs Bruce Lerone

This should be somewhat close. If Breath pulls out a couple decent punches, this could get interesting. I think Bruce pulls it out, though.

Tbone vs Brown Jesus

I'm working on it, tbone dropped a nice verse early. I'm going out on a limb and saying I lose this week :scared:

T.a.C vs. Gee Willikers

Ge has the punches, but T.a.C has been here before. So long as T.a.C doesn't fall asleep at the wheel, I think he wins this battle.
    test
  4. Brown Jesus

This Weeks Highlights

You're old, washed up, your run is over bitch,
    Cus you took an LL in a threesome vs people I'm 4-0 against,
    T.a.C

You know we hate you..
    ..after you lose, sign out like always alright;
    And don't mention the voterz and the league sucking..
    ..bcz the Netcee's faggots on every site.
    Jai Z

She's the opera type just dramatized your problem lies when sight lands,
    You look ostracized, soft and shy plus her nostril size is Streisand,
    Gee Willikers

Peeped ya tourney match, got me feeling like I'm battling the dead
    When jesus spits, it's translate to years of what others already said
    tbone

I could drop 6 quick fam, cat sweep & be out in some seconds
    Ya verses so played beyond belief we know religion is outta the question
    Holla Hutch

Punchline of the Week

The Mag

Verse of the Week

Is on my PC. Ill put another together here at work. Its being made on my tablet, so bear with me.

Did I skip some recaps? Wow... I'm an idiot. =°(
    test
  5. Brown Jesus

Outro: Mind of Menso

Just the bad and the ugly this week. I'll doctor it up with formatting etc when I get home to my PC. Again, really sorry to drop the ball. I'm thinking double mag next week. I got some ideas for actual articles =)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.