RBL CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNEY - T.a.C Vs RaZPUTIN

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by KroniK, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KroniK

KroniK R.I.P. U

RAPMUSIC BATTLE LEAGUE

RBL CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNEY
    LINE LIMIT 16-40

-Check Ins-
    All are to check in by Friday. Not doing so will result in being docked Votes or being ruled a no Show.

-Due dates-

All Verses Due Tuesday July 26TH 3am PST

- General Voting Guidlines-

POLL YOUR VOTE THEN DROP 2-3 LINES OF EXPLAINATION FOR A VALID VOTE

All Voting is Due Friday July 29TH 2011 3amPST

If there are battles with very little or no votes, those battles
    will stay open and will Delay the Next round so VOTE & Tell People To Vote!!

(Voting is considered open until Mods close matches)

-Line Limit-

Minimum 12 -- Maximum 30

You May Agree to a Limit in your Check in Or just Post & make you Opponent match the limit you post.

LINE LIMITS ARE OVERRULED BY ANY STIPULATIONS

-Voting Con't-

Each contender MUST vote on 50% of the matches posted.. so If there are 10 match you vote on 5 of them.. if there are 20 you vote on 10.. ect.

You Must Post Links to Battles you Voted on

1 Vote deduction for each battle not voted on.

VOTEING IS OPENED TO THE ENTIRE RM COMMUNITY.

Votes must be explained, No Hate Votes, Crew Votes, Revenge Votes

Mods Reserve the right to Negate any Votes Deemed Insufficient or Bias, ect.

-General Rules-

1st emcee to post can't edit after 2nd emcee posts

2nd emcee can't edit after the first vote is made

No Biting or Recycling, if Caught your Disqualified

No Bitching, Crying, Freeposting, Swaying. Whining..

No Beefing In Battle Threads, Freeposting, Spamming & other forms of Badmanner

Everything Other then Check ins, Battle Verses or Vote Is strictly to go in the Lounge, Predictions, or Sign in threads
    (If broken the Mod has the right to Edit & Clean Up Threads)
    New rules will be voted on by the Mods & Members of the RBL
    Mods can Adjust rules accordingly to circumstance!
    Questions, Suggestions, Ideas, Problems.. Contact the Mod[/center]
    test
  2. D-MONIK

D-MONIK Active Member

Checkin, goin 20 or so
    test
  3. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

20s good. good luck
    test
  4. D-MONIK

D-MONIK Active Member

Ya had suggestions for ya fag dads, for Christmas you'd "treasure a hand bag"
    You ain't a 40 yr old virgin, buuuut you still think tits have the texture of sand bags
    If I was a movie director, id shoot at this actor, my lectures are his ether
    Especially when he could be cast for the lead in "never been kissed either"
    So why would you question whether or not this veterans flow's tighter
    Ya claim to fame's beating Oneduh cuz he underestimated ya ghostwriter
    http://board.rapmusic.com/rapmusic-...k-33-13-oneduh-7-1-v-14-t-c-9-6-tac-wins.html
    I'm enlistin British hit men, I'ma boss, no doubtin it
    I'm bout to put you inna box just so slick Rick can knock you out of it
    I'll pull ya card quicker than crack head magicians, son
    You a Giant, San Francisco faggot...puttin heat on balls, with the stature of Lincecum
    His tactics are useless, no longer on point as soon as he sees toasters
    Cuz for a T.a.C. to be useful, I'd actually have to approve of this free poster
    Yer the Deffinition of the Usa cuz ya act like ya bloaw triggas., AND you say, "ima Cunt"
    You were in a crew called Proud Wiggaz, guess the freeposting liberation ain't the only time ya Front
    This bitch jus
    ayot slaps, so I could whip his ass, no scuffle
    Or Sam Fisher this cat, Quick Snap, no huddle
    Man Fuck a Tac, I use super glue and other plastic adhesives
    Until you C4 limbs fly in every direction like I strapped it to geeses
    I rep the west to the boroughs, you stuff ya chest like a girl
    And go to night clubs where the dress codes a neckless of pearls
    The way you think you hip hop is something of true madness
    Cuz when I say QueensBridge stand up, that doesn't mean you, FAGGOT
    test
  5. Tacky Jones

sorry. had a brain fart with the due dates and thought i had tomorrow/today to write. threw this together real quick.

Your mom hated you, and damnit she’s broke
    So she threw you in the pool…
    …hoping you’d naturally know the Caylee Anthony stroke
    Even you know you’re fuckin wack and mad overrated
    Yeah, I know it’s a foregone conclusion, but lets the voters say it
    You been here 12 years, it’s time to get it together
    Bitings lame as fuck…
    But if you’re gonna do it then you gotta at least flip it better
    Raz loves text, and when losing he’s prone to misery
    Since you bit me, I’ll bite you…
    …If I fall behind I’ll use your approach, bitch and moan to victory
    Dudes trash, and in the cypher his freestyles are dull
    I’ve gone green the way I’ve separated the garbage from the recyclables
    Raz is into kids, and that statement has a lack of fiction
    He and Amy Winehouse have something in common…
    …a 10 year old crack addiction
    His dad touched him, when he ate his greens it made him smolder
    You hate spinach cuz its like anal sex...
    …if its forced on you as a child you’ll hate it when you’re older
    [​IMG]
    You’ve stayed wack, goddamnit this pest’s lame
    Its no wonder ignored Caustic’s offer…
    …I don’t remember you ever killing the text game
    I’ll overdo it, first kill you then behead your corpse
    I must be a sadistic necro into bestiality, cuz I’m beating this dead horse
    I run this shit, stay away from my throne, chump
    I did the minimum that I had to do to guarantee I beat you, so I showed up
    test
  6. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

Raz: The opener killed me, mostly because I was watching that film yesterday. There wasn't a punchline in the verse which I'd say was a miss or corny, althoough the C4 line didn't hit as hard as the other lines and seems a bit played. The poster name play was simple but very effective like a lot of the lines. The mix of easy to understand personals and wordplay was very effective. The rhyming throughout wasn't like DethStyque level multi after multi but was definetly good.

TAC: For what it's worth, the quotes and pictures were a bit annoying because of how many there were. It doesn't negatively effect your actual verse but i does make it slightly harder to read. The Caylee Anthony stroke line was clever but the set-up wasn't amazing to be honest. Wasn't horrible but not as good as the punch-line.

Even you know you’re fuckin wack and mad overrated
    Yeah, I know it’s a foregone conclusion, but lets the voters say it

This line didn't really hit very hard. It was an insult but wasn't really put in a very clever way. The Amy Winehouse line was quite clever and was fresh considering how many Amy Winehouse jokes I've heard since she died, so that was nice.

His dad touched him, when he ate his greens it made him smolder
    You hate spinach cuz its like anal sex...
    …if its forced on you as a child you’ll hate it when you’re older

I've heard this in loads of varients before and even though it's clever, you didn't actually insult Raz with it. Saying he has repressed feelings when he eats greens doesn't link well. The concept was decent but it could have been set-up a lot better. The Caustic line make me chuckle. The closer was also a nice "you just mad cus I'm stylin on you" line.

Overall I think the punches were about equal. TACs were more personal and he had a few good haymakers, but Raz was a lot more consistent throughout his verse. I'd maybe edge it to Raz due to some of TACs lines not hitting for me. Raz's rhyming was also more advanced throughout his verse.

Vote: RaZPUTIN

Very close though.
    test
  7. NO SIR E

NO SIR E Balrog's Barber

My vote's for Raz...he edged it. Slick Rick line was pretty cool.

TaC had some punches, but they weren't landing as hard as they should have.
    And I heard that Amy Winehouse joke before...but it was with Michael Jackson instead :/
    test
  8. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

I gotta say that I came in here thinking that TaC had the advantage,unless RaZ came in focused...and this battle bore my initial impression out.As much as I hate to say it,I think yall are sleepin on TaC's verse. His bustin out of RaZ for recycling and borderline biting bars were VICIOUS punches...especially since I didn't know what TaC could possibly say after RaZ had that ferocious 4 bar opener and the reference to the Oneduh battle. I'd already seen those Casey Anthony jokes so it didn't strike me as totally fresh,but it was clever and had cold potential had he set it up better.

I had to go to my classic bar-couplette for bar-couplette breakdown RWZ style before I could be sure of who I thought won this battle...and it went like this:

OPENER: RAZ...close one. TaC had the single most powerful punch,but RaZ hit him with punches on the half bar and each punch was hard. In the end? RaZ threw 4 hard punches in his opener compared to 1 very hard punch from Tac in the same space. Jab-cross-hook-uppercut compared to hard cross.

Flow: RaZ...RaZ had superior rhyme scheme along with unbroken flow and that is more difficult to do than keeping the more traditional single-single or single-single/double rhyme scheme that TaC seemed to favor. In addition the pix (which I did appreciate) that TaC used caused an artificial break in the flow

Metas: RaZ. He and TaC had nearly the same number of metas (RaZ edged him by 6) but RaZ had the more potent metaphors

Vocab: RaZ. From the third bar forward,RaZ employed his words better and used more rarely used words more accurately and more powerfully.

Punchlines: THIS WAS HARD. TaC had madd swag in his punches.Gotta give you credit man. Plus he was original and clever...he just wasn't firing on all the cylinders that RaZ was. It sure was clear that TaC miscued on his battle and rushed his verse like I had to vs MRJDM because RBL style punchlines and personals are TaC's bread and butter...but he didn't deliver like he normally does in big matches here. He had zip in his punches,but he just didn't string together the nonstop punches,the array of punches,the breadth of punching styles,and the power of punches that RaZ had. TaC fired pretty much one style of punch,and he hit hard with it. But like a power puncher who's punch is the hook facing a a two fisted power puncher that can knock you out with everything from the jab to the corkscrew to the bolo punch,RaZ just kept hitting him with a barrage of punches. I am convinced that TaC woulda cracked RaZ with more murderous punches had he had more time to write and hadn't had a mental glitch.

PERSONALS: TaC. Gotta say this...TaC kept the personals coming and coming.Yes both he and RaZ used the far too common RBL crutch of calling opponents gay,but TaC had more personals that were hard plus them shitz were funny. Good job.

RHYME SCHEME: RaZ,maintaining a solid double single-single and double/double rhyme scheme throughout his verse which amped the amount of punches that he threw per bar. Like I've been saying all along: if you figure out that rhyme scheme's purpose is to rhyme PUNCHES and not just rhyme WORDS? You throw alot more punches per bar.You swarm your foe and he can't keep up with you. You hit hard like Tyson in his prime with the punching rate of a prime Calzaghe,Pacman,or (pre-plaster of paris in his gloves) Margarito.

CREATIVITY:RAZ-- without a doubt,that "going green/recyclabes" punch from TaC was the single most creative punch of the battle.If TaC had a half dozen of those along with his personals? This vote MIGHT be different...but RaZ had too many creativity laden power punches to lose this category. AND TaC suffered somewhat from the Gsus style of taking too long to get to a punch

CLOSER:TAC--in general,gay punches are played out. And even though RaZ had a creative gay punch with the QB reference,for me it doesn't hit like a fresh non-gay punch closer and TaC got a chuckle outta me with his closer.

I halted here because the above categories comprise the majority of the 15 categories that I use.

VOTE: RAZ
    test
  9. DethStryque

test
  10. TheIlliterate

TheIlliterate Well-Known Member

EDIT:

A lot of TaC's material seemed like he didn't put in any effort. I guess it's been awhile since he last wrote but this shit was pretty soft tbh.
    The personals were on-point but you dragged out a few 2-bar schemes into 3-line schemes which came across as filler. Some weak setups as well like "lack of fiction". Your closer was also pretty weak, just a cocky line to end it. Biting my style there tbph.

RaZPUTIN deserved to take this. Your whole verse was heat. The flow alone was off the hook by the end. Damn.
    Nice work man.
    test
  11. TheProle

TheProle Pls go, Milhouse.

Opener: TAC

Flow: Raz

Lyricism: Raz

Creativity: TAC

Punchlines: TAC

Personals: TAC

Winner: TAC

Notes on battle: Raz had A LOT of corny stuff.... some of his lines I cringed at. His flow and lyricism was nice, it's just the quality of the bars wasn't there for me. T.a.C., I'm not a RBL regular, but I'm not a big fan of posting pictures/links/quotes in the middle of the battle. Maybe at the end for the sake of people looking to verify the referenced material during the battle, but it just completely throws everything off. I think both of you guys could have worked on getting better at the quality of your bars and how you string them together. Not to say that you guys did poorly, this was a good battle, but a little improvement goes a long way.
    test
  12. Jai-Z

Jai-Z Bangem, Jai

Honestly... I read this a couple dayz ago... and reading it again.. I feel the same.

TaC got hammered. Idk.. I thought this would b a pretty even battle. Your best versez were againt Hens and Drugz so expected better from you. Your wording was either bland or terrible. Plus a lot of your conceptz was pretty terrible... "beating a dead horse", "anal sex/spinach", "dad/greenz/smolder", "Caustics", "Amy Winehouse"?..... dont do that again. Those were really bad.

I understand Amy Winehouse death is current.. but if your gonna use her demise as a punch.. you gotta come fresh.. but the way you worded it, was pretty weak and we can kinda see your punch coming.

RaZ came predictible wth the Oneduh personal, but overall.. his direction and wording was way better than TaCz. TaC had more firepower/personalz.... wth his "quotez".... but his wording really made them useless.

Vote-RaZ
    test
  13. DethStryque

test
  14. Tacky Jones

does deth get docked votes for posting unnecessarily in this thread? we can count. this is a bit excessive.
    test
  15. DethStryque

docking votes would be more than a bit excessive,it would be Draconian and stupid.I will refrain from entering this thread again.
    test
  16. Extreme Venom

Extreme Venom Well-Known Member

Deth your wilding...

test
  17. Extreme Venom

Extreme Venom Well-Known Member

Final vote Count 4-1 Raz

Raz Wins and advances..

TaC Loses & is eliminated..

test
Thread Status: