Razputin vs. Wordz

Discussion in 'Emcee Battle Area' started by Gsus, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Extreme Venom

Extreme Venom Well-Known Member

ehhh.. I was feeling raz's verse more.. I liked the followin lines:

"Gsus' lines was stretched, I hope Wordz got a different plan
    cause by the time YOU to get to YOUR punch, nobody gives a damn
    Whether it's Cakalak or Cockitback, i'll pack the mac and cock it back
    go Norf, arrive on his porch, knock on his door..Rat a Tat like the Chronic track
    Halloween's over yet I'm still in a stockin mask"

I couldn't really find a section that went hard like that in g'z verse for my vote goes to raz..

Vote= Razputin
    test
  2. Konflikt

Konflikt ●○●○●○●○●○●

a few quotables from Raz, that I liked:
    Gsus' lines was stretched, I hope Wordz got a different plan
    cause by the time YOU to get to YOUR punch, nobody gives a damn
    Halloween's over yet I'm still in a stockin mask
    so next time you talkin Jazz expect the tech to eject to ya chest like a stockton pass
    wrote this last week, you'll read it 1000 times and take too more days
    then drop a verse with quotations that don't work like your myspace music page

a few quotables from Gsus, that I liked:
    then "got some ass", "foot"-age...when we got finished, she yelled, "Im tired of this bullshit, cuz I dont "feel a thing" when "Raz-put-in"/
    Im pimp'n this homo, every letter mine...cuz he get paid to "take the kids", like Kevin Federline/

Overall, I was entertained by Raz' verse a bit more. He had some good hard hitters, where as everything fell short imo in Wordz verse. Wordz had some clever word play and stuff, but nothing that was like damn.

Vote - riz

ps, that quotations shit is fucking annoying.
    test
  3. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Okay,clearly both of you stepped it up because you were facing each other.Each of you came with some nice fresh punches and imho each of you muffed bars by saying some played ish (Gsus) or building up to what would have been a monster closer but missing it (RaZ). Close battles are why BATTLE GUIDELINES WITH A CLEARLY DEFINED EASILY USABLE POINT SYSTEM LIKE THE ONE I'M USING WITH BAR NIGGA ARE BEST.They don't take long but they can differentiate between the shades of grey,feel me? It also very clearly points out the area where a significant lapse was made that could cost you the battle.

My breakdown:

OPENER: RAZ WINS 14-10

Straight up? That supa played de feet line got Wordz merked in the Opener category,and even though Wordz came back with fiya immediately after the Opener? It was too late to save the Opener.

HUMOR AND ATTITUDE: TIE (12-12 each)

Both were funny and both had moments of shining skill as well as disappointing lapses of focus.

Punches: RaZ WINS (14-12)

Tilt factor: Personals v Nameplay...Personals usually win the war vs Nameplay,but not always.Personals have the edge because they're based on something that's supposed to be 1) TRUE ABOUT THE CHARACTER OF THE PERSON YOU'RE DISSIN, and 2) TRUE ABOUT SOMETHING THAT THE PERSON YOU'RE DISSIN HAS DONE.This latter category is why Wordz had personals AND Nameplay punches in his verse cuz he clowned RaZ's bars in previous battles (that "meat ham" thing) and threw a QUADRUPLE PUNCH: a Punchline,a Personal,Wordplay,AND NAMEPLAY. Nameplay is primarily based upon the opponent's NAME which requires more effort to forge into a powerful diss. You also have to consider the amount and quality of Personals v the amount and quality of Nameplay punches.This area was closely fought,and Wordz would have won had he not shot himself in the foot with those played punches which counted also as wordplay (he had two horrible bars like that breached birth/de feet joint) so I give the edge to RaZ because RaZ didn't spit anything as horribly played as that.

Wordplay--WORDZ WINS 12-10 : Wordz was winning this until he used some played out similes,which brought it closer than it needed to be.The second I saw that "breached birth/de-feet" line I was like:"Wordz is too good to make such a supa wakk rookie mistake like that" but then I saw his "meat Wordz","RaZ-put-in" and other punches and was like LOLOLOL GOOD WORK! This is superior to the regular kinda school yard disses which are variants of "you're gay" because "gay jokes" are madd common and largely played.RaZ came with nice wordplay too and morphed them with personals which made me go LOL too,but in the end? Wordz got this category from me.

Rhyme Scheme--TIE (10 pts. each): Neither of you came with sufficiently complex rhyme scheme.I know both of you can do better.You both featured primarily single-single and double-single-single syllable rhyme schemes.Mostly the elementary single-single and more advanced but not outstanding single-single-single schemes. This was a tie.

Personals-RAZ WINS 15-12: I was giving the edge to RaZ but you gotta give props to Words for using a much more difficult approach...mainly Nameplay and bars from RaZ's past battles...to make this closer than I would've thought.It's close battles like this that show the value of a BATTLE POINT SYSTEM because the winner can be determined by mere points.

Vocab: WORDZ WINS 12-10: Frankly,words used his words with more creativity,more originality,and selected them better.He thought about his words and employed them a shade more skillfully and creatively than RaZ

Flow RAZ WINS 14-10: It's true that Wordz' FORMAT AND STRUCTURE throws you off as a TEXTCEE if you're ONLY A TEXTCEE,but I could catch his flow easily as I am a vet in text and audio.I know exactly what he was doing.However,RAZ's bars were not only equally smooth in sound--you can literally read them and hear the rhythm just as cleanly as you could hear Wordz' rhythm--RAZ was dead right when he said that RAZ gets to the point quicker.The net effect is that RAZ does equal work with less space,and oftentimes RAZ sneaks in a extra inner rhyme which clearly makes his bars literally superior in overall content in the bars that featured a more complex rhyme scheme than Wordz' comparable bars.THIS SINGLE CATEGORY TIES THE BIGGEST POINT DISPARITY IN THE WHOLE BATTLE.The last 4 point disparity was with the OPENER category,but the Opener dealt with only a bar-couplette--2 lines--and FLOW typifies a whole verse.That's why this category should hold more weight and is more difficult to pull off with such a large disparity in points.

Creativity WORDZ WINS 15-12: Wordz flat out was more creative with the disses he came up with.The extra time that he took to write surely showed up in the bars that he dropped.When he was on? He was ON.Omg but when he was off? He was HELLA OFF.

SOUND MANIPULATION: NULL CATEGORY- Neither of you did enough work to count as genuine sound manipulation.You missed out here guys

METAPHORS--Wordz wins 12-10: Simply put? Wordz literally had more metas AND his were of a higher quality...but the category is so close that it could be ruled a tie or swung to RaZ and I wouldn't complain at all.

CLOSER--Wordz wins 12-10: Straight up,Wordz had a better closer with more fire and originality.RaZ missed a monster opportunity to sew up the win with his closer because he'd manipulated a string of punches,flow,personals,humor,attitude and more together in such a unbroken way that all he needed was slam dunk finisher and kill it off...but he let off of the steam and settled for a finger roll.

So when you add it all up? It's a close fought battle...but RAZ WINS 155-139
    test
  4. D-MONIK

D-MONIK Active Member

great breakdown Deth, i will keep your point system in mind next time I am judging a battle

5 votes for me, good battle Gsus
    test
  5. Bloody Red

Bloody Red New Member

hands down Gsus got this

Raz ?

Gsus .. was feeling the rhymes the wordplay , nameplay , flow .... all over ill

vote Gsus
    test
  6. Da Shorty Man

Da Shorty Man Tha ILL AUTHeNTIC

Say raz, right quick I just wanna say
    I dont know niether one of yaw muthafukkaz.
    Tha fukk u talkin bout my vote suspect cuz it aint fa you?
    git off that hoe shit lil homie

good battle kids...
    dont fukk it all up by talkin out ya vagina
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  7. D-MONIK

D-MONIK Active Member

idk man, I always thought you were cool cause your alumni and shit like me, but that vote is suspect imo

one it a short ass explanation and too you said he had better personals and i don't see any personals in his verse, gsus thought you might have meant wordplay but I think a vet like yourself would know the difference between the two. a vote is a vote nowadays hard to come by on these boards, i never tried to say that it shouldn't count just speaking my mind. no need to start talking net thug though short man
    test
  8. Gsus

Gsus aka Wordz bka G. Legit

good battle...even though i hate losing...lol...but hey, once in 5yrs is pretty good, if i do say so myself
    test
  9. D-MONIK

D-MONIK Active Member

did you edit your signature yet? lol
    test
  10. Gsus

lol naw, i havent edited it yet...but damn i gotta add two more loses....lol....payback is mofo though, u aint replied to PM about a rd. 2....yet
    test
  11. D-MONIK

D-MONIK Active Member

i will give you a round 2 even though you said you wouldn't give me one if you won....

but it won't be on your terms, I am waiting on Jai Z to post for our battle until that happens I'm not battling for the moment

need to update that sig though
    test
  12. Gsus

whatchu mean on my terms...lol...and the only reason i said no rd. 2 was because u were tryin to make it seem like I was stallin on the battle...im super busy, I do this when i got time, its not like i have verses already written, i sit down and key shit right then
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.