Rashad is injured; and (spoiler)

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Big K, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

thats fine, to each his own. ive seen this kid win a state title, hes official as it gets in pure wrestling the reason he didnt go D1 was grades. then he got a felony when he actually did secure a D1 scholarship.

as far as his personality.. hes a good guy, ive known em a long time but i actually think he tries harder to be a "great" guy because he knows it's an image his family would want him to have. at the end of the day hes no different than any of us,preaching on here is 2nd nature, whos to judge? i dont even think it's possible to be as humble as people want him to be 100% of the time.

ps: tigers jacket is epic, he dont forget where hes from. he even had his wrestling coach from highschool in his corner this last fight, he brought him out to help train, bet he still tossed jon around too lmao.. he used to be a SICK wrestler back in his day, im surprised he hasnt got into mma training.
    test
  2. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

If his scholarship was to Iowa like I've heard, it's no surprise that he's ragdolling people. Every wrestler who's even seriously considered applying to Iowa is a beast.

Also, wow, Bones is the last guy in MMA I thought would catch a charge. Damn...
    test
  3. jayoo

yeah he was at iowa state only due to grades, he DESTROYED people at state level then got the scholarship to iowa and got in trouble over the summer. i remember his brother art saying he might lose it over it but i never heard what ended up goin down and i dont bother bringing it up, im pretty sure a felony deads any scholarship chance.

it worked out for the best though, now hes where he is and might have never been there had he took another 2+ years of college on.. he'd probably be in some office working right now.

he isnt the type to get a felony though it was a mistake over somebody elses problem and he was trying to be a good friend
    test
  4. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

I know a felony would disqualify him from FAFSA aid. Many academic scholarships have some behavioral requirements, too. I've seen people on athletic scholarships get away with some shit, though. Those were ball players that can pack stadiums, though. I dunno if shit would be the same with wrestlers.

My cousin had a similar legal situation were a friend of his did some shit, but the police busted cousin for it and he refused to snitch. I'm sure if the situation is similar, Bones regretted being that "good friend" to whomever...
    test
  5. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Jones is a better athlete with longer build and more dynamic,unpredictable striking than Sakuraba.Due to this,his youth,his physical power and his fantastic reach...Jones is closer to a raw blend of not-yet-peaked GSP and Anderson Silva.Jones himself said that he's modeled much of his style after Anderson.Striking-wise he has GSP's patience but Anderson's flair for the explosive surprise technique...even if he doesn't do it as well as either of them (yet). Grappling-wise? Well,with a more fully developed Jones you'd have to imagine Rashad or GSP takedowns with Anderson finishing skills.The reach footwork and takedown skills will pose a special problem for Rua because Lyoto was regularly taking Rua down but Jones moves his head better than Lyoto does.

Rua should be the odds on favorite but I wouldn't put money on this fight.To me? It's a toss-up.Jones is that good.

Guess what else? If Jones beats Rua? And GSP beats Shields and agrees to get killed by Silva? Then in 2012 I can see Anderson v Jones for the LHW title.Anderson>Jones.Then Anderson holds the LHW and MW belts at once until Lyoto is the #1 contender,then Anderson will surrender the belt and prolly have a few HW fights then retire with a superfight as the undisputed baddest MMAss and G.O.A.T.
    test
  6. jayoo

^hahaha id like to see that matchup silva/jones but by time it all goes down.. he'll be what another year older? maybe 2? i dunno! they probably wouldnt bring him to 205 right away for the belt tho, best bet on them fighting soon would be if jones lost and silva moved to 205 after his next fight he'd probably be a contender matchup for silva

but i dont plan on jon losing so.. haha
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.