Rap's Future

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Vision (VC), Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sympyl

sympyl New Member

asdfasdf

i could burn you a cd that would give you an opinion on the matter, seeing as you've heard enough of brother ali to judge once you here cass.. let me know
    test
  2. Sin-Tax

Sin-Tax New Member

yeah those lines dont really impress me, but i understand hes comin with a mainstream style. But those lines are far more creative than anything thatll come out of the mouth of jay-z or 50.

but you cant go and compare his style to that of cats from the underground. Compare him to other mainstream rappers and leave it at that cuz those lines wouldnt be hot in the underground.

only person i could think of who was dope enough to accomplish that was big l.
    test
  3. sympyl

sympyl New Member

hey, that's just some of his shit. here are some good one's i like:

............and i wish one of yall cats was sent to rob us - you'll be rottin' in a box with expensive flowers,

you're all snitchin - if i put you on my hit list - you will walk around rockin football equiptment,

we all got biscuits that snub in the guess - and we 'll squeeze arms like blood pressure tests,

i wanna make this known - if i don't blow...so - i got oucnes of dro that go for like four/ when the coke come in - i'm on the block all night - with rocks of the white the size of monopoly dice,

it's cassidy - bitch want hits i only do rhythm - i spit sick - like i spit flu symptons/

there's a lot of guys tryin buy swiss beats killin they budget - i got big heat and i'm willin to bust it /

.....that's why i clap at - anyone approachin me - you get scared and spray in the air like popuri,

i only got female friends - i'm a manwhore - so what you damn whores sayin i'm your man for / i'm just a boy that you went down on - and you sluts gotta pay me to fuck from now on,

that was just some feestyle shit......LISTEN TO THE FREEWAY BATTLE!!!!

his best shit is on that battle, or most of what got me really impressed at first, it was the first thing i heard from him. you be the judge.
    test
  4. sympyl

sympyl New Member

asdfasdf

oh ya, what's the big difference between underground and mainstream anyways? you know cassidy is underground till he blows right? being 'underground' don't mean your lyrical, dope, low budget, or whatever. big l was sick, as are and were many other cats who aren't underground and who were and are mainstream. and if 'underground' is so different, it's all hiphop to me, let me in on the secret. cause as far as i'm concerned............

you're mainstream or not big. that's it.
    test
  5. Himself

Himself New Member

if anyone mentioned in this thread is the future of rap...then sign me up for the country music fan club

NAZI NAZI
    COPY PAPI
    WIBBY WABI
    DIBBY DRABBY
    test
  6. phillipdrummond

phillipdrummond get at me for footage

those cassidy lines fucking sucked. I haven't heard cassidy but I know brother ali is way tighter from how hard those lines sucked and the fact that it's impossible to market anything dope or of quality content to the masses. sympl, who gives a shit if the masses don't like it, like my dad said, 90% of the world is stupid.
    test
  7. Sin-Tax

Sin-Tax New Member

^exactly

and you know what i mean by underground. there are many connotations to the term. in this case i mean lyric-wise. Like i say, it aint always about what you say, but how you say it.

And from what youve posted, 7/8 of them lines are obviously not freestyle, and they sucked at that. But i could be wrong. After all it is labeled a freestyle, so it has to be off the top right?

its ok if you cant convince anyone about your highness. Don't go get your ass wet over it
    test
  8. thousand words

thousand words IF YOUR MOTHER ONLY BLEW

the future of rap is kids in wheelchairs having computer sounding voices.

its already present today
    test
  9. sympyl

sympyl New Member

sdfasdfa

well, i know for a fact that rap's future are rappers with no talent. whatever the stations can play in rotation and get the people to buy is what the future is. simple as that. i didn't say it had to be good, but that's what it is.
    test
  10. Vision (VC)

Vision (VC) New Member

This is going to be a long pointless argument but the truth is that CASS IS SICK! The lines I chose weren't his best at all I just couldn't think of shit. What you guys have to is get all his freestyles and tracks then judge. He comes wack on his mainstream tracks (big business and shit) cuz it don't matter what he says in those. Check all his shit. I bet you I can pick so much wack shit from all these underground cats such as Ali but I bet he has a lot of sick shit as well but I have to grab it to understand that. I wouldn't come on to a site called "emceebattles.com" and big up a mainstream guy unless I should, and I should.

BTW: Cassidy has 2 albums out "the best of Cassidy volume 1" and "the best of Cassidy vol 2". Who the hell has 2 best of albums before they come out? He is also responsible for the downfall of Edgerrin Jame's career. He robbed him and kicked the shit out of him outside a club and James got injured and hasn't been the same since (James was considered a top 3 running back in the NFL before his setback). That story could be false but I heard it on 2 differetn sitees and Cassidy also mentions Jame's name in a song so who knows....
    "I'll leave you unconcious on the conrete mother fucker... Mother fucker's like Edgerrin James and for tha extra change we measurin cane.
    test
  11. sympyl

sympyl New Member

asdfasdf

ya, we obviously can't keep arguing about this forever. some people just like more artists than others. so, let's just sit back and see IF he blows up, and IS a part of raps future. mainstream or not, he already runs philly.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.