Rap's Future

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Vision (VC), Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vision (VC)

Vision (VC) New Member

Wudup everyone,

As we know the game is all but done and beef is nothing like it used to be. The "best beef" that has been going on recently is between the ROC and Ruff Ryders. It seems as if Juelz and Cassidy will be the future of the game in terms of money making and they are the best commerical / emcee flowers I have heard personally (rappers that will be on your TV and can flow) allthough Juelz is under Cassidy lyrically by far. Which label / groups do you feel is better? ROC or Ruff Ryders?

I like MOP and Juelz personally. Jay Z ain't the same and camron fell of big time. The LOX and Cassidy are my favourite artist / group right now but I feel the ROC has better productio. What do y'all think?

BTW: I have noticed that this board's rep took a hit big time. No one even talks serious about music or battles or anything anymore. People are just arguing and making pointless posts. If you guys don't like this post don't start a big chain of put downs and pointless stuff that gets us nowhere and wastes time. I just want to know who you feel is better becuase they seemed like the two groups that will be big in both the streets and commercially.

PS: Will Ali Vegas ever blow up? I thought he had a track with J Lo or something and he was going to be the bigges thing outta NY, oh well.
    test
  2. Mistake

Mistake Dougie Darko

Mayne personally I cant feel either.. But I'd go with Ruff Ryders
    over the ROC.. coz I just dont like any of thier lineup!!..

PEACE!!
    test
  3. sympyl

sympyl New Member

cas

cassidy is the most lyrical mainstream artists right now and probably will be for a very long time to come. cassidy no doubt, but i think you knew that.
    test
  4. Vision (VC)

Vision (VC) New Member

^ trust me, Cassidy is the shit. No one has had his emcee talent combined with his future maintsteam success (he will blow up). However, you still have to respect Juelz ability to ride those ROC beats cuz they are hard to flow on. I ain't a fan of mainstream rap and underground has really taken over most hip hop heads because there is no more commercial talent. Cassidy is rare and will make his name known. I feel the ROC has better production but the Ruff Ryders have more of a street feel combined with that commercial flow in their music. The ROC has catchy beats.
    test
  5. sksugfsmf

sksugfsmf New Member

Cassidy aint shit. He's just as wack as Lloyd Banks.
    test
  6. THE m AGE

THE m AGE soon

CAssidy isn't gonan blow. YOu guys are sniffing glue.
    test
  7. sympyl

sympyl New Member

asdfasdf

pshhhhhhhhh, the illest flows, which are original and creative, combined with swiss beats, he is gonna blow. and yo, cassidy is the shit, as soon as i heard one freestyle from that guy i was hooked. it'll be nice to hear something lyrical on the radio for a change. i'm more concerned with lyrics myself, so when you put cassidy against juelz beats aren't gonna do anything for me. did you hear cassidy eat the fuck out of freeway? damn. i know freeway ain't much, but cass came with lyrics straight outta hell. he'll blow. underground cats are trippin on this board. get out more.
    test
  8. Anakin GW

Anakin GW New Member

this cat talkin bout its hard to flow on roc beats, yeah if u have a speach impediment
    test
  9. THE m AGE

THE m AGE soon

get out more??? maybe if YOU got out more you realize that Cass isnt what U think he is.

granted some of hios punchlines are funny, but I can rattle off a list of scores of emcees that are more " lyrical" as you so vaguely put it.

hes not lyrical, his strong point is his punchlines, thats it. and Swizz beats is aight, but cmon.

Cassidy, no matter how ill you think he is, is NOT raps future. Juels is NOT raps future. Joe buddens is not, freeway is not, the rocs not, etc etc etc.

raps future IS NOT SIGNED YET!!!!!
    test
  10. sksugfsmf

sksugfsmf New Member

Hahahah @ Juelz bein the future. Shoobaba loppa dookie shabookie roody, you throw paper cuz you a paper boy but nah son I make paper, boy!
    test
  11. Emtee

Emtee License to Ill

lmao at Juelz..
    test
  12. Verbal Marksman

Verbal Marksman Inverted Speech Syndicate

Damn, I always hear about Cassidy, but haven't heard anything from him yet.
    Damn, I wish my computor wasn't suck a cunt...
    test
  13. knowmad

knowmad New Member

Cassidy is very good. let's leave it at that... as for the future of rap, it depends on who's going mainstream..... i personally am not a big fan of mainstream, but if i had to say something about the future, it will depend on the emcees and see how much they improve. will he be the future? MAYBE, maybe not. i see a lot of good rappers, Lloyd Banks is mediocre, probably as good as 50 Cent if not better. but not the future. Budden has talent, and a nice voice, but that's it. I have been following the battle scene down in Cali and New York. So far, the only emcees i can see blowing up in 2004 are: Eyedea (this depends. in minnesota he is POPULAR as fuck!!), Jin (this cat has all of BET lovin him, the asians of coarse, AND is making a remix wit Cassidy, but needs to improve upon his tracks) The game can change so quickly, but as for new talent, those are my picks. you cant forget Bang em smurf. he might blow depending on if his beef wit 50 gets blown up into proportion. Same with Crooked I, but this may be a little further in 2005, if he signs wit whoever. it really depends.

Oh and definitely, i say that Ruff Ryders are gonna take back over the game, wit DMX wanting a percentage of the company, and his single "Where da hood at" RR is definitely going to take over. they will drop Jada, Drag, Jin and X in prolly october, and all u will see is Ruff Ryders.
    test
  14. Vision (VC)

Vision (VC) New Member

^ man, can't you guys at least read the post. I never said Juelz is good lyrically cuz he isn't. But he does flow on those Roc beats and it does sound nice. As for Cass, I have approximately 38 different trakcs / freestyles so I know what he's about with his music. He's sick. Some of the shit thas been going on is not him at his best at all. He rips the shit out of some beats trust me. He also ate Freeway and those lyrics would have ripped a lot of battle emcees. When i say "Juelz is the future" it has nothing to do with him being great or the next Nas or something. It's just that rap is so wack now Juelz can step in with those ROC beats and make a lot of money and will. Cass will make a load of money (if he hasn't already) and still have some nice lyrics (mainly his punchlines but he has so many that its just sick).

PS: I don't wanna knock you guys cuz i dunno any of you but I am going to say this. You guys seem caught up in your little world of emcees and always seem to exlcude anything else that isn't talked about frequently in these boards. Cass is better than all these brother Ali's or whatever because:

a) He actually sounds nice on the mic and not just on paper (reading his lyrics)

b) He has Swizz behind him and as say what you want, Swizz has nice beats.

c) He has made it on TV which gives him a bigger fan base.

d) The rap game is weak so he can step in and shine
    test
  15. Verbal Marksman

Cassidy better than Brother Ali? I donno, man. This guy better be nice cause Ant (who produced his joint) has some of the illest beats I've ever heard...Gotta listen to Cassidy to see if this is true...
    test
  16. Sin-Tax

Sin-Tax New Member

number of fans dont make someone better, it may make them more successful, not better.

Who cares how dope cassidy is,because once he steps into the game, you know the chances of him having control of his music. They'll have him rap about what they want him to rap about.

And I agree completely with what mage said; raps future isnt signed yet.
    test
  17. Vision (VC)

Vision (VC) New Member

Cassidy is an exception from today's rappers on TV, he is sick. If you get all his shit you'll see he is the shit. Most of his lines are punchlines (battle type) and lines about pushin cocaine. He knows how to deliver his rhymes that's why I like him. He makes you want to listen to his shit and see what he says next. He always has multi syllable rhyming as well. He has Swizz so all that combined is nice trust me. I am not a hater of emcees, even on this board (Immortal Tech is one of my fav right now) but when I hear someone sick I had to tell y'all. Cassidy is the biggest thing in Philly and New York and has a nice song called "talk to me" with Jadakiss that people are playing in the streets (not that I'm some street gangster lol). He has a gutter flow to his raps (they don't sound commerical they sound like any emcee would) and manages to make it sound crisp on the beat. People like Brother Ali and shit are nice, but don't have Cass's voice nor flo so I take Cass anyday.
    test
  18. Vision (VC)

Vision (VC) New Member

Some Cassidy punches:

1. I rock wild bling, plus I carry a ROCKET, and the shit's long like YAO MING / The chinese boy. and I cook cats like a chinese store

2. I'll come back and serve the block, with a bird in a laundry detergant box / with some dirty clothes, so it don't look like im tossin packs, it jus look like im gone to the laundry mat

3. What the hell, you might as well put a suit and tie on then jump in a casket and get your DIE ON

4. I blacks out, when im spittin them raps out hittin the chickens back out or whippin them gats out / I live wut I rap bout im givin them cracks out, fifth on my lap out when i sit in the crackhouse

5. I'lll fill you with more lead than a pencil sharpener

6. Man Cass mobster / so i got the cops up on my ass like the tags on my boxer

7. Why tell lies I live wut i sing about / I bought 2 cribs and I aint even put a single out

8. You might have done crims but I dun more / My bedroom closet reminds you of a gun store

He has other crazy ass lines too I just cant remember em cuz im fuckin twist right now. He talks about sellin 8 balls and pool halls he makes mad connections with his rhymes and uses metaphors and sick ass world play.
    test
  19. sympyl

sympyl New Member

asdfasdf

hey passwurdz, cassidy is sicker than Bro Ali. Phill told me how he loves bro ali so much, so i did download a bunch of songs. i like a few, but when i say i "think" cassidy is better i'm not debating in my mind.

a lot of people are arguing about the future of rap. first of all, none of these underground cats like bro ali, eyedea, sage francis, or even jin are going to make it mainstream because people that listen to mainstream and like jay z and shit aren't into that. they want the normal street beat, music videos with escalades on dubs, mad ice, just straight GANGSTA. which by the way is cassidy. cass is the hottest thing in philly right now. nobody can fuck with him. don't tell that to beans, lol.

people always saying shit like they can name a list of rappers better than so and so, and bla bla bla. cassidy is unique. he's mainstream, backed by some of the nicest beats, and he's actually lyrical. very unique for a mainstream artist since pac and big died.

as for "future", it sure as hell is nobody underground that most people on this board like to listen to. it's people like cass.. has nothing to do with real talent, so don't get it twisted. personally, i think cassidy will eat up any underground mc, LYRICALLY, in a battle, including eyedea, brother ali, sage francis, pack fm, etc.. regardless, these cats the boards like have been sat on for a long time, and will not blow up, but it's cool. that's what makes it underground right......
    test
  20. Verbal Marksman

^^^
    I don't know, man. I mean, I can't really compare a thugged-out mc (that Cass seems like he is) to a cat like Brother Ali; it's just two different styles. From what I read in those quotes, it doesn't seem like Cass is very versital with his flows (but hey, I could be wrong, seeing as how I'm just goin by quotes). Plus, Brother Ali speaks on some real shit on his new album; it appeals to mainstream more than any underground album, imo. I donno, though.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.