Rapper --> Singer --> EDM Producer/DJ

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by CRAM, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRAM

CRAM a.k.a. Ellis Nova

test
  2. CRAM

CRAM a.k.a. Ellis Nova

yuuuup
    test
  3. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Sounds good
    test
  4. CRAM

CRAM a.k.a. Ellis Nova

thanks dood
    test
  5. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Revolutionary: You seem to have transitions down. I'd put some overdrive on those plucked sounds just to get them out to the forefront sooner, I dig how you layered those saw sounds over it to give it a boost at the drop. Dope shit.

Brand New Day: Intro is dope. I'd turn down your snares on both songs though. They're not overwhelming, they're just a bit too heavy. I love how you left out the kick after the original transition, when the vocals start. The MAIN melody drop needs to be worked up a bit. It's dope as hell, just missing a layer somewhere.

Remember When: Thought the intro was a bit too long, but everyone has differing opinions of that shit so whatever. I really dig the vocals (kinda cheesy lyrics, but the dude has a voice). Needs heavier drums in for the bridge.

Never Surrender: Was dope as hell. Kinda what I hope to do eventually. Nice and mellow and it carried throughout the track.

If you weren't looking for criticism I'll just say dope shit keep working. If you were, the main thing I'd say is that there's nothing about your beats that make me say, "Yea, THIS is a CRAM beat." They're all dope and well produced, industry ready and everything. Just nothing uniquely identifiable about it. Put more of yourself into your work, I guess.

I too, make electro music, here's two songs I made recently, if you have the time I'd appreciate a listen. More trancey to your house style...

This Is The One by k33per on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Stars by k33per on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
    test
  6. CRAM

CRAM a.k.a. Ellis Nova

good looks on the feedback k33per, really appreciate actual feedback, this month marks my 1 year anniversary of making this kinda music, def still tryna find "my sound" like you said, checked out ur tracks, feelin that "Stars" joint more than the other one, maybe we should try to collab on some shit
    test
  7. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

^I'd be more than happy too, always wanted to hear vocals over some of my production. PM me if you're serious, I'm always down to work with new people.
    test
  8. CRAM

CRAM a.k.a. Ellis Nova

shoot me an e-mail man ellisnova@gmail.com
    test
  9. ~G.I~

~G.I~ Mastering Engineer/Mod

I remixed that Chris Wallace song into something TOTALLY different lol

[youtube]YyVUXoUp6XI[/youtube]
    test
  10. CRAM

CRAM a.k.a. Ellis Nova

doppppe!!
    test
  11. BigMooseHoe

BigMooseHoe Well-Known Member

3 people who aren't u replied!

thats GREAT!
    test
  12. CRAM

CRAM a.k.a. Ellis Nova

lol @ u being so offended at me saying u can actually rap, just not well that u upped my thread, ur life is sad homie, dont reply to this
    test
  13. BigMooseHoe

BigMooseHoe Well-Known Member

but i just did tho

holla
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.